Reviews for Concussion in the Absolute
Keyanna chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Oh Javert, you incredibly emotionally repressed man, you. But there's still hope for you.

I really enjoyed this!
thissimplefeeling chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Really loved this! I enjoy your writing style very much. Marvelous!
L'Ael-Inire chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
My GOD I loved this. Storyline aside, which was phenomenal, the writing. . . Oh, the writing. Fantastic. I really very rarely get this worked up over something, but my God, this was good. The stream of consciousness, the way it was written, the very science of the words used. . . In addition, I loved the thought process. The decisions, the logic and the tools by which you allowed Javert to keep his life. It's a difficult thing to accomplish, I know. Or at the least, I know of trying to accomplish this, which is separate from actual accomplishment. Either way, this was a wonderful thing to read. Very atmospheric, very moody, and despite your notes I never unearthed any angst or detected any real slash here. Subtle hinting, ideas of the idea, but nothing I'd really conjure up to be slash-which is a good thing, for me. Slash tends to disagree with me, and if it had here I never would have taken the time to read this wonderful piece of writing.

- L'Ael
Killingmemory chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
I liked this. Well written. Very introspective and in character.
Yamx chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
This is beautiful! My only complaint is that it ended too soon. Your portrayal of Javert's inner turmoil is incredible, and his thought processes are totally convincing - I can believe that it could have gone that way, that he might have made this different choice.

I would really love to see the conversation between Valjean and Javert that follows this, especially Valjean's reaction to Javert's unexpected development. I know it's been six years since you wrote this, though, so I'm assuming there's not much hope of a second chapter...
Mizzie chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Wow. I didn't know quite what to expect when I read this. I didn't think it would move me to the point where I had to review, NOW, but it did! Thank Goodness, you have kept Javert fully in character. The thoughts running through his head make sense in context of Javert, and, at the same time, are beautifully well balanced with just a touch of poetry feel to them so they flow wonderfully from one plot-point to the next. I loved the visual imagery of Javert leaning over the bridge; with the river twisting around below him and the sky sort of pressing down on him...it complemented the feeling of him being trapped.

Well done! I want a second chapter! Not slash, so much, as development and fleshing out of the characters. Well done! Have a cookie. *Gives cookie*
mildetryth chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
Good!
el loco chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
You write beautifully. I am surprised that you have so few reviews.
R chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
Sequal!
Darth Gilthoron chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
Well written and plausible, and with an interesting twist in it at the end (I wondered about this myself for a moment, I read that scene in the book today and was rather annoyed that my favourite character died just like that). Do you intend to continue it?
M Leblanc chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
Wow- this is definitely an thought-provoking story. The way you've portrayed Javert is very true to his character, as well. My favorite scene, for one reason or another, seems to be the end.

I hope you realize that this REALLY needs a sequel, to go along with what everyone else has said. Great job. :)

Olivia
AmZ chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
God I wish there was a chapter 2 to this... Frankly I just want to see to what extent Javert will be open about his newly-realized feelings and to what extent Valjean will accomodate him... ;)
me-ladie chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
:) Adding to my fav's because it's quite good. I love Valjean/Javert, there needs to be more Valjean/Javert! I'm checking your profile for more...

me-ladie
Rhys chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
Very impressive! Excellent introspection, getting into all the depths of his mind without getting tedious or repetitive. A very good sense of the character and his motivations come through. I like how he was tempted by the bridge but you didn't dwell on that. High amount of detail and insight. Well done!
Neila Nuruodo chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
I love this story! Is there more? I want more...