Reviews for Summer Love Never Lasts
Gigi chapter 1 . 3/12
This story was wonderful thank you for the nice read
Rinfantasy chapter 1 . 7/13/2017
So adorable! I love it!
Wolf'sVine chapter 1 . 6/20/2017
Yami should get his own body since he's dating Kaiba! I am so very happy to have read this fic! I'm also wondering if there's a sequel? Cuz I really liked that Yami and Kaiba ended up as a couple even after they played at being a couple for a time... only to get together for real! Does that sentence make any sense? Well, anyways, I just really am thrilled that I read this and I'm glad that Kaiba and Yami are dating, that Yugi is understanding and that their friends and little brother will be there for them.
Baniita chapter 1 . 2/26/2017
God. That was delightful, thank you.
Jonnax chapter 1 . 1/22/2016
I lost track on how much time it took me to read the entire story, but from the moment I started I got hooked. This story is nicely developed and well paced, I liked the dialogues and concept. Really am glad I got acrossed this one :)
Uhuru-chan chapter 1 . 1/3/2016
I read this wonderful piece on September, but between my job and my studies I didn't have time to review it (But I did have the time to draw the scene of Yami standing in his toes and kissing Seto back then :'D)
It's so well written and it is a shame that this doesn't have more reviews! I didn't expect much when I read that it was about fake dating, because I've read a lot of fanfics with no development, where they fall in love immediately after kissing or they use it as an excuse to write smut, so I was so pleased with all this fluff! And I laughed and got so happy when they started dating for real after they "break up"
OMG HOLD ME, I'LL READ IT A THIRD TIME SOON!
Thanks for posting it!
P.s: sorry if there's any grammar error.
Hirami chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
This was really fun to read! I had to laugh a lot. :D the idea was really cute. I wished for a little bit more “romance/feelings“ especially at the end. Anyway, it was a nice read 3
DoomIsTheName chapter 1 . 8/30/2015
This is a really cute story! There were plenty of bits I smiled at and the characterisation was great. I loved the conclusion, it could have been more dramatic but it works really well how it is.
You describe your scenes really well that ive been itching to draw them all morning. I could really see Kaiba in the boardroom checking his phone, and the two walking hand in hand through streets and museums.
I do agree with other reviewers that the timeline is unclear, I assume you're going with the anime continuity because Kaiba often calls Yami the 'other Yugi' in the manga whereas I can't remember if he does in the anime, but that didnt distract too much from the narrative.
Otherwise I wish you had written more scenes of the two interacting rather than summarized as much because your scenes are what really stood out. The balance is pretty good but I just felt there was a lull in the story where everything was summarised 'they went about doing things and it felt really natural.' With a couple of scenes that did show it but didnt emphasise it so much if you understand me :P
Still I really enjoyed reading this, it gave me many feels so keep it up :)
-Doom
Bright-down chapter 1 . 8/23/2015
Naaaw, this was a super sweet story of Yami and Kaiba that had me smiling at the end. Good job! :D
gingerbreadmantelpiece chapter 1 . 7/8/2015
Very well put together. All the scenes stayed on track for the purpose of the story. There weren't any moments that I felt were boring or useless.

The only critique I could give, is that I'm not sure when in the timeline this is. Or perhaps more properly, I'm confused about what facts they know about each other. Kaiba doesn't seem to know anything about Yugi's alternate personality. Yami doesn't seem to know anything about Kaiba's long history of inventing. Though I don't think any of that really matters. As the focus was on the pretend relationship and it turning real.
AutumnOak chapter 1 . 7/7/2015
So now I'm especially glad we started chatting, because it otherwise I would never have found this delightful story! I haven't read any Seto/Yami in years, but it was always a pairing I was fond of, so it was wonderful to have this long, detailed, well-written story to read.

Sure, the premise is far-fetched, but "forced to fake-date" is such a fun trope, and you did a great job of balancing the outlandishness of the premise with very realistic character reactions. All the awkwardness between Seto and Yami was believable. I loved that you had them avoid awkwardness by basically playing every game Seto owned, and keeping a tally of who won the most. They totally would!

I also loved the detail you put into how Yugi and Yami share the body. One of the funniest bits, imho, was when neither Yami nor Yugi wanted to be in control of the body, but Yami reluctantly takes control because he figures it's rude to leave an inanimate body in someone's bed. Yeah, that made me laugh out loud.

And I loved the ending, where they actually do fake-break-up before realizing that they missed fake-dating. I honestly expected them to figure it out before then, so that was a nice surprise. All around a fun, strong story!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2015
ok seriously I rarely ever write reviews but GOD DAMN this was almighty I cannot believe

there's everything that Deck Divination has said, so I really don't need to write anything else other than expressing my thorough enjoyment out if reading this.

It'd be easier to follow if this was divided up into short chapters, but that didn't deter me.

I've only recently gotten into prideshipping, and this just hits all the good points that I expect. There's way too many fics that make Kaiba overly dominant and Yami pitifully submissive and weak. You've hit a great middle ground into balancing out a more believable relationship that isn't based on sappy tropes or romanticised violence.

Also really loving how you touched on the relationships between Seto and Mokuba, and Yami and Yugi, whilst still keeping it relevant.

I'm not sure what else to say, other than: please write more!

Thank you for writing this! Best wishes and take care!
Deck Divination chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
OK, how does this not have a review yet? The premise is pretty unbelievable, but the story makes up for it by being quite charming and sweet. The characterization is overall excellent with the minor exception that I don't think Kaiba would be at all surprised by Yami's "violent tendencies," given that he's been on the receiving end (although I appreciate that you didn't have Kaiba run to his rescue). You don't go into a lot of depth with Kaiba, but you still give him a sense of three-dimensionality. And Yami is neither over sentimentalized or over-idolized, but has a sense of in-the-moment. Thanks! :)

Your writing overall is excellent, which makes the few errors in grammar, word choice, etc, really stand out. (Which I hope you'll take as a compliment.) Thanks for sharing. :)