Reviews for Devil May Cry: Fortunate Son
Greg-sterLordErotico chapter 1 . 12/20/2019
Very nice prequel. It beats that random cloaked woman passing Vergil by at the special edition. Morihashi-san would probably be glad if he got around to reading this. Great characterization on Vergil. I had a theory he was following his father's footsteps metaphorically when I searched Nero's origins and Morihashi-san's concept to that. But with this, it's a good reality check on Vergil's character flaws.
Ceamonks890 chapter 1 . 4/27/2019
This was a very well-written story that might as well be canon, satisfying my natural curiosity that DMC4 Special Edition's cutscenes for Vergil's campaign ultimately failed to provide a proper answer for.

Vergil using Agnes as a means to an end in order to gain access to the restricted library, is very much something he'd do. But at the same time, admiring Agnes as a human for simply respecting him as his own person and not merely as a Son of Sparda, also makes a lot of sense as to why he'd enjoy implied intercourse with her at least a bit(if him showing a bit of regret later towards Agnes as he flees Fortuna upon achieving his goal is any indication), serving as a solid conclusive icing on the cake that leads up to DMC3's events and onward.

I also greatly appreciated the explanations for how The Order managed to get their hands on Yamato prior to DMC4, Sanctus's inevitable rise to power and what eventually happened to Nero's mother as false rumours were spread about her.

So thanks a lot for this story and keep up the great work here and on your YouTube channel!
bob parley chapter 1 . 2/25/2019
This is what they should have done for the DMC4 special edition, this is fantastic!
LightJakRises chapter 1 . 7/6/2015
great work
Vegetal Verde chapter 1 . 6/26/2015
Interesting story and I ceartantly didn't know that Nero was (canonicaly speaking) son of Vergil, I believed that is was still just a theory. It would be nice to see an scenario with Vergil meeting Nero in your writting.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
Wow this was damn good. Wish u would continue it but it would be pointless since it will go straight to DMC3. But good story
Guest chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
Loved your story. Really hoping capcom don't go with vergil being Nero's father as it goes against vergils character.
I think it was very well written and hope you'd consider doing another chapter exploring vergils thoughts/feelings.
Been ages since a good story has been written about DMC :)
Be Rose chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
Great story. The open ending and Vergil's feelings were subtly done.