Reviews for Collision Course
kels chapter 5 . 11/2/2016
Eeeeeee! Things I like: prose is good! You are good at identifying the sort of details that enrich the story to include (as opposed to the sort that just fill the screen with noise and make it paradoxically harder to visualize anything.)

You're good at dialogue. I've only seen a few episodes of Buffy but the dialogue all fits with what (vague sketches of) the characters I had in my head, and fits internally, creating well-realized characters. Lots of people have a hard time writing banter that doesn't come across as horribly forced, but this works, and it's well paced and tends to move the story along fine.

(The pacing, in general, is good; I was horribly lost but couldn't identify specific missing information, which I think means that my being horribly lost is more an occupational hazard of reading crossovers between universes you are unfamiliar with than it is a problem with the writing per se; the level of writing down you'd have to do to accommodate readers in my position is probably unfair). I like the places where the story is going in the direction of 'this world is horrible compared to basically everything the Culture has dealt with; they fix it' which is one of my absolute favorite genres ; there's something very uplifting about utopian societies, rather than being poorly equipped to confront real horrors, being very well equipped to confront them by fixing them as efficiently as possible.
philodices chapter 5 . 7/6/2016
This is very good with the Culture content well done.
Katsuhito chapter 5 . 6/24/2016
Very nice so far. I always enjoy Culture crossovers (so long as I'm also familiar with the other world(s) too). Fav/Followed here as well as on tth. I hope to see more soon.(?)
Wrin chapter 5 . 6/14/2016
*Squeeeeee!* I love this challenge! Please, please, please write more!
Guest chapter 5 . 6/5/2016
Interresting introduction and so many uniqe possibilities available. Not sure where you're going with this since I'd never followed Banks' works, but I'm a bit concerned about a buffyverse change.

In cannon Angel's soul was lost later on to the Gypsy Curse when he and Buffy got together. If Angel had been "upgraded" then I missed the mention of it. Willow/Willo did the "is that your final answer" conversation before upgrading Jennie, but I missed that conversation (or the actual upgrade) in the case of Angel, and yet you leave Angel sleeping after it seems Angellus should should have reverted.
Traveler4069 chapter 5 . 5/27/2016
I hope you continue this story. I have never come across this cross over before and find it interesting. Please continue and thanks for sharing.
Illuviar chapter 5 . 4/26/2016
Good story! It will be interesting to see where you take it.
Suzululu4moe chapter 3 . 4/7/2016
I hope they find a way for angel to well survive... The sunlight in space...
Suzululu4moe chapter 2 . 4/7/2016
Lol angel's inner geek. Adorable. Especially with his light saber desire.
Rifful chapter 5 . 3/5/2016
A great take on Halloween and Ship of the Line challenge, well written. I agree with the comment that Xander was a bit too eloquent pre-spell, but I would add that Angel was a bit OoC, too. I doubt he would look into sci-fi too deeply beyond the pop-culture references, and he was never really 'philosophical'. 'Broody', 'haunted', 'guilt-laden' are much better descriptions. It's not too far fetched to be implausible though.

Please continue.
Apparuerit Diabolo et Loqui chapter 5 . 3/5/2016
No more updates?

This is rather exception I think. I've never read the Culture but now I think I have to grab the series.
Tsamoka chapter 5 . 12/8/2015
Is Angel going to lose his soul? Because that would be very annoying.
emptysea chapter 5 . 11/27/2015
I really liked the transition of the characters from before spell (BS) to after spell(AS). The only in inconsistency I believe was that BS Xaner had a more extensive vocabulary than real Xander would have. AS Xander was a wonderful surprise, I found myself liking him very much.
AS Buffy and Willow are equally wonderful and the flashbacks of their culture interactions were very helpful.
I'm guessing Angel will wake up and become Angelus and will Willow catch on quickly enough to prevent any damage.
What will Giles do?
And many more questions I hope you answer soon by updating soon.
MattKennedy chapter 5 . 11/20/2015
Fascinating story! Hope you continue it sometime. :D
Fizzfaldt chapter 5 . 11/9/2015
No! Bad Giles!
Curious what's going to be done with the vampires.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »