Reviews for Things with Feathers
I am so happy that Robin came back to Regina
jasouatfan chapter 1 . 10/9
This is heartbreaking
Guest chapter 5 . 2/20/2019
You do have quite a way w/ words. Excellent! Thank you.
joyndoug97 chapter 5 . 1/26/2017
This was such a clever story - I just loved it!
Rachael728once chapter 5 . 1/24/2017
I'm all caught up on this ... it was wonderful.
Black Swan Tales chapter 5 . 1/21/2017
Beautiful on so many levels:
The faithfulness to Emily Dickenson's atmospheric poetry, the way she captured light, mood and nature so well and you did it also with this moody piece. Your descriptions of rain falling, blossoms and leaves and lightning, all of it brought images to mind like paintings of words.

The timing. At first I thought this was Regina recovering from season five and that the little bird was actually Robin Hood. Your title reminded me of the opening to season six and a certain feather that drifted down in a way to suggest Robin was watching over Regina, so once I actually paid attention to your summary - a rewrite of season 4B - then I was all the more amazed and satisfied. This was a deeply healing story for OQ shippers.

The relationships. Regina relying rather grumpily on her "family" even while semi-resenting that she needs to; and better yet, knowing how hard it is for her to ask for help, they offer that unconditional support while knowing she'll only take it if they don't talk about what's really going on. Loved it!

Her friendship with Emma was perfectly in tune with what we saw developing in season 4. Equally amazing was the tense, almost frightening "comfort" of a visit from Rumple. The way he offered a ghastly truce, and the heroic way Regina realized she couldn't accept it because her "mathematics" had changed.

Robin's return under circumstances that actually MADE SENSE and were honorable and respectful of ALL the characters concerned.

And finally, what was so lovely about this series was learning that the little robin really was just a bird, and yet he was so much more. Regina learned to love and trust a little wild creature even while in the midst of grief ... that 'relationship' provided the sweetest symbolism of all for how much she's changed.

~TBS
FionaMo chapter 5 . 1/19/2017
That was a beautiful story. I picked up on it this morning and I'm very sad if that's the end of it. I liked how you have Regina & Emma as a close trusting friendship alongside. Very well written, very good...

Would be really nice to see the next stage...
nonsequiturvy chapter 5 . 1/19/2017
Tumblr was really darn rude and cut me off mid-tag so I shall continue here. What I wanted to say next is how much I loved that conversation with Robin - how he loves Marian still but in the way of wanting what's best for her and knowing that's not him - and how easily she seems to have taken to this new life, which really speaks to a resilience in her that the show never explored. That quiet moment between Regina and her other robin was gorgeous and simple and absolutely perfect - as was Robin sneaking up on her, and her discomfort (loved that line about the tenderness there and the instinct to hide it) slowly giving way to sharing that moment with him, as she will all else. Dani, this was such a treat to read - I feel so blessed that this fandom has you, and this piece. It's timeless and I know I'll turn to it again and again in the future.
Starscythe chapter 5 . 1/19/2017
This ending was wonderful! Thank you so much for completing this story, I loved it!
cruellasdarling chapter 4 . 1/3/2016
I LOVE THESE 3
kneelinfrontofthequeen chapter 4 . 10/8/2015
Hello and thanks for writing!)
And some more thanks for just one quote which will be my favorite from now on: "There are few things that induce doubt more quickly than ordering someone to trust you")
Guest chapter 4 . 7/14/2015
That was so fucking great omfg you're amazing abd that bird was so cute and Regina was such a wonderful mess
Guest chapter 3 . 7/12/2015
Omg that bird
What a cute chapter haha
Loved your giggly Regina - it's such an interesting image to think about
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2015
This is beautiful and sad o love it
Guest chapter 4 . 7/1/2015
This is so beautiful. I didn't expect a short fanfiction that took it's title from Dickinson to be so beautiful. Thank you so much for writing this and please don't stop.