Reviews for Not Idly
person chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
It was sad that children had to fight in the battle. I hope they were at least all older boys and that none of them were little.
Blue September Rain chapter 1 . 2/6/2004
this was a really good story. it was short and sweet and very good!
Sun Queen chapter 1 . 12/27/2002
Love that last line. It's sad how death makes no distinction between Orc, Elf, and Man, and I liked the line that all life is equally precious, no matter how long it last. Very nice camraderie, it was great how the movie and this fic played up that aspect. Nice work.
S. E. Holmes chapter 1 . 12/26/2002
That was depressing in an odd, cheerful way. It was a great fic. Keep the writing up.
SinNombre26 chapter 1 . 12/26/2002
i just cant get enough of your writing! the one thing im not sure of though is whether you are implying Aragorn/Legolas romance or if they are just good friends. Either way you write it beautifully.
Ainaechoiriel chapter 1 . 12/23/2002
Good story. You captured the characters fairly well and some of your sentences had very nice phrasing to describe the scene or character.
Headless Fruit Bat chapter 1 . 12/22/2002
This is a very, very well written story and it captures Aragorn's feelings very well.
Ithildin chapter 1 . 12/21/2002
I like. :) it was so sweet.
wren2 chapter 1 . 12/21/2002
:: Squeaks. :: I could probably give you an in-depth response to you about this in IM, but ... eh, I'm replying here!

Anyway. Lovely, very, very lovely. I adore how you portrayed Aragorn, and the way that he moved about his business, with no regard to himself. Legolas - well, Legolas was Legolas, and his last gesture to the pendant that Aragorn wears was beyond words, and his words were even more so.

Then again, throughout the entire fic, there seemed to be an air of hope, which was very refreshing. Buwah. You know I loved this bit of fiction.
Ivy3 chapter 1 . 12/21/2002
I have yet to see LOTR II, but I found this scene sad and moving.

I can only hope there's a resemblance to this in the movie.

Ivy
NiennaVala chapter 1 . 12/21/2002
Lovely, a pleasure to read and ponder.
Calico Kat chapter 1 . 12/21/2002
I review at you! It came out very nicely, mmm... more to come... (Slip me some L/G, come on! ::sketchy eyebrow waggle::) Quite nice Legolas, Aragorn moment, however, "fealty and fondness", wow, I like that phrase, and yes, accurate to the mood. Capturing a moment and doing it succienctly, even if it was an early morning fic. Go go Ninja Jaida. (Why are you a ninja now...? :) That's your new name. Kinda like 'Go go Gadget Copter'... only with shurikens... and kunai... dressed as Schuldig... Wow, this review is off topic, I better go now).
The Galactic Goddess chapter 1 . 12/21/2002
Very Pretty. After surfing through the hords of ridiculous, not funny humor fics I was about to leave...

I read your summary and decided "What the hell. Let's go for it" I clicked, I read, I made the right choice.

Very touching.
Crandic Bashaw chapter 1 . 12/21/2002
Thanks for plugging this gap! I did see the movie, didn't mind the elves, but felt terribly cheated by the lack of any meaningful closure to the battle of Helm's Deep or examination of the physical and emotional aftermath. You've done a spendid job.
Muchacha chapter 1 . 12/21/2002
What's behind the somber Legolas? I wish there were more.