Reviews for Magic Through the Gate
Carolyn Ohlmann chapter 10 . 6/22
I really like your stories! This was an excellent and believable melding of Harry and Hermione Potter and the Stargate stories! Outstanding. Thank you!
noylj chapter 5 . 6/12
I don’t think the services object to paying for useful education
LittlebigmouthOKC chapter 1 . 6/12
The thing I never understood about this story is why after listening to Kingsley and Minerva's lame ass excuses, Why didn't Hermione just flip them off with a loud EFF YOU and walk away from Wizarding Britain?Many countries would fight to have her a a new citizen.
Cwhit930 chapter 10 . 5/29
I liked the story. I agree with the ending it can too soon but still well done. I haven’t read too many crossover tics but like the Stargate and potter blend. Thanks for sharing your time and story.
Amarylle chapter 10 . 5/23
While a lot of the Stargate stuff went way over my head, since I'm not familiar with that fictional world, I really enjoyed reading through this story.

I particularly liked how you handled Hermione's education and the transition from not having the opportunities she wanted to finding something rewarding where she found herself.

I liked the way you dealt with Harry even more. It was very gradual and timely and every action had proper time to run its course - it was realistic. Same goes for his romance with Hermione. As much as I'm a lover of romance and focus on that aspect in a story (with a proper plot of course), I liked that their romantic connection was simply something that was only explored in the last two chapters, with a few hints here and there.

You are a very talented writer, by the way. Even though I was not familiar with some things you were writing about, I had a lot of fun reading your world. Thank you!
Armiture chapter 10 . 5/6
More than one author I follow routinely deletes anonymous reviews without reading them because they are often negative and they feel that if the reviewer can't be bothered to log in, then the authors can't be bothered to read it. Others only delete the negative anonymous reviews. The point is you don't have to put up with it, delete them without mercy and mention in the next chapter's note so that they know they were ignored.

That said, I enjoyed this story for the most part. It's main problem was the lack of conflict, I know it's hard, when you're a nice person, but you need to be mean to your characters sometimes to balance the WAFF.

In any case I'm going to keep an eye out for more stories from you because I feel you have potential, so please keep writing, it takes about 10,000 hours of effort to get good.

Thanks for the story and good luck with your future stories.
Sgt173 chapter 10 . 5/3
Having just finished your wonderful story, and reading your A/N, I find it appalling that people would flame you anomonously.
Please do not take seriously flame as I am sure that more people enjoy your stories than not.
Keep up the good work and keep posting. I am grateful and not afraid to say taht writing is not my strong suit.
Sgt173
AgentKalGibbs chapter 10 . 4/14
I thought this was fantastic!
tyrannicpuppy chapter 10 . 4/3
What a brilliant idea. I absolutely loved it.

The only part that bugged me was, being a huge fan of the show, I felt the explanations dragged because they were just stating info I already had, but I imagine those unfamiliar greatly appreciated them.

I do wish there had been more off-world stuff, but what we had was solid and well written. If you'd tried for more it may have gotten old quickly.

Loved the happily ever after too. Very sweet, though I hate those names for the kids, only because I hate this habit of naming everyone after someone else. Magicals seem to be so unimaginative when it comes to names.

I didn't know I wanted this before reading but now I'm so glad I did. Superb story.
knuckles 8 chapter 10 . 3/29
I really enjoyed reading your story. I just wanted to point out a name error Hugo instead of Albus. I understand that the story has been completed, and it is too late to change the mistake. I thought you could keep it in mind in future stories. Again thank you for taking the time to share your time and story.
nintschibintschi chapter 10 . 3/29
thanks for a wonderful story
nintschi
PappyOldGuy chapter 10 . 3/5
Interesting and (well enough written in my opinion) very good story. I like it, I like it a lot! It seems to be meshing the realities quite well, and I can hardly wait (but I will) to see where it all goes. I do know this, when someone who is not the creator of a character, writes about them, it is to have them do something that the creator doesn't want to or didn't think of. I know that I always think of my favorite characters doing things, I have never read of in books or seen them doing in movies. I think it is fantastic that others (here in "FanFiction") are actually writing their stories of what they want them to do in a "What If" world. For those who complain that the characters would not do this or that, forget them. You need to write this first for yourself, and then for the rest of us who do enjoy your take on what just might, could, should, would and probability (if a frog had wings, his ass wouldn't bump the ground nearly so often) can happen. I do know this as well, I am enjoying it and will follow it as long as you will write it. Also, do NOT feel pushed to post, sometimes the words and thoughts just flow and sometimes you have to cogitate for a bit. Just learn to let them grow at their own pace and those of us who appreciate them will be here to read them when they are posted.

Looking forward to the next post and thank you so much for sharing.
AloofEyeball chapter 2 . 2/25
Is the magical team SG-23 because the 23rd letter of the alphabet is W for witch/wizard?
starlite22 chapter 10 . 1/9
Having never watched STG I was unsure whether to read this or not. If you haven’t don’t let that put you off. This writer explained that side of things effortlessly, and to the right level of detail. I throughly enjoyed this charming story.
nashtah chapter 10 . 1/8