Reviews for Ready
PencilComet chapter 7 . 3/12
The waffles! I really loved that part and i'm so glad there is a sequel to this because otherwise i'd be very sad right now.
PencilComet chapter 6 . 3/12
Giles wanting a drink made me cackle. So true to character.
PencilComet chapter 4 . 3/12
I have all of the warm fuzzies. So cute.
PencilComet chapter 3 . 3/12
Accidentally making love before they're aware. Glorious.
PencilComet chapter 2 . 3/12
Inhuman, girly squeals have escaped me.
PencilComet chapter 1 . 3/12
I am so thoroughly enjoying your writing style. I am totally engrossed.
subchan chapter 7 . 11/27/2016
that was great! good job.
Stunning Sunset chapter 7 . 1/10/2016
This is so incredibly scrumptious! I will certainly revisit this often! They are so perfect together.
Soaringclaws chapter 7 . 8/7/2015
I've finally gotten a chance to read your new story! So it's time for Soaringclaw's fangirl rantapalooza! I'll just go ahead and get the obligatory fangirl squee out of the way. Squeeeee! Okay, now I can return to sensible reviewing.

Buffy's attitude throughout the story was really well written. I always felt sympathy for her, which was really important to this story. Her rants and irritation and demands for attentions still felt very much like a woman who needed a hug. And the fact that her friends came through for her once she opened up really made me happy. I got crazy feels from their voicemails after she broke up with Riley.

Which leads me fumblingly into my next point, which is the theme of adulthood that seemed to be running through the story. The final talk with Riley was just the perfect grown up Buffy conversation to me. Just over the course of the story, we see Buffy move from closed off and petulant and being treated like a child, to owning her power and adulthood and telling everyone else to deal with it.

I loved that Buffy talked to Giles about her concerns. I've had those conversations with parents as I've gotten older, where suddenly they're talking to you like a functional adult with a sex life and you're like 'what is happening right now?'. But talking and opening up are so important to healthy relationships, so yes. This. I like it. Moving on.

I've written this much and I haven't even gotten to Spike yet. So maybe I shouldn't. But I will once again state that your handling of sex in your stories is brilliant. It's never rote. There's always a purpose and unique dialogue and emotional development and something so natural about it that I can't imagine anyone reading your stories and not saying that these characters frickin' belong together!

I think this piece is strong enough to stand on its own. That being said, I would love to see more in this universe. As you've shown with your past works, you're very capable of taking a great single story and making it an even better series. You're one of the few authors I trust to write sequels that aren't just fluff and madness, but fully developed stories in their own right.

Okay... I think I'm done. I am capable of being critical, I promise. Just not with your work. Umm... stop writing things that I start at 11PM and then read straight through into 2AM even though I need to get up for work in the morning? Quit it with your perfection? 3
Jedi SteelWolf chapter 7 . 8/6/2015
Wow, yet another amazing story that I just never want to end. I was suprised at how ... reasonable ... you wrote Riley when Buffy was breaking up with him. The part where he just assumed that she would up and move with him? That part made sense, but the other part seemed like he gave up quicker than I would have expected. However, this is still a great story and I absolutely cannot wait to read more. Thanks for another great read!
nrdhrd3 chapter 7 . 8/5/2015
Can't wait!
The Three March Hares chapter 7 . 8/4/2015
Oh this was so sweet! I wanna see what happens when the baby comes and how Spike behaves as a stand-in dad and all the fun (inappropriate) vampire things he'll junior and how Buffy will kick his dead, white ass as a result and how he'll enjoy said ass kicking...yes, a sequel is needed.
JayeMaru chapter 7 . 8/4/2015
Oh, lovely. I like how their emotions evolved and their minds kept adjusting as their words and shared sentiments required them to catch up. The naturalness between them is nicely depicted: even when they mis-communicate they listen long enough to figure it out. Theyre on the same wavelength. Their changing physical relationship was part of the conversation between them.

I enjoyed seeing Spike rolling with her cravings and emotional jags; his befuddled acceptance was funny and charming. I truly look forward to where you may take this.
EllieRose101 chapter 7 . 8/3/2015
I don't want this to be the last bit. I don't want this story to end, but I also need this story to end. I need sleep! I- I hope this has a happy ending. Because you've made me an emotional wreck.
Aww, Buffy rambling to her unborn baby is super cute!
Pahaha! Xander on the phone was funny. I like that he's supportive, here.
And Spike wondering if the syrup was alcoholic. How can someone so smart be so stupid? lol
Continuation? YES! Is it gonna go up on here first? Can you let me know when it does, please? I need it. Oh, how I need it! (I follow you on Elysian Fields, not here, and it seems like way too much effort to switch the notifications around.) 5.35 am. Wow. That was one hell of a ride!
EllieRose101 chapter 6 . 8/3/2015
Gahhh! I hate Riley so much!
Oh my! I gasped when Buffy asked Giles if pregnant women are generally unattractive or whatever.
This fic is just one big-ol' blush fest for me!
LOOOOOL! Now laughing out loud at the ensuing awkward conversation. It's 4am. Why are you doing this to me?! I'm gonna wake up the whole house at this rate, but I can't stop. *shakes head*
Nice twist on the Nikki Wood story!
Wow. I really *really* hate Riley.