Reviews for Bonds of Sea and Fire
dude chapter 21 . 3/9/2021
i know it’s like really far into the future, it can even be a drabble idea but come’on lamie and ace? ehhhh!? ehhh?! not even sure romance is in the books for this fix definitely not anytime soon but consider it. Lamie’s light-heartedness and Ace’s brother complex. She’d be the one chasing him, trying to get him to see her as a love interest and he’d get flustered by her brazenness but she’s a D after all and whatever she wants she’ll get. She’s be really good for him esp since it’s looking like they’re gonna be staying with Whitebeard... I dunno how canon this fic is gonna be maybe she’d be able to save Thatch . I dunno how you’re gonna do the reunion between Law? in her late teens when she gets her first bounty? by then she’d be in the New World while Law is just hitting Sabaody, i guess then they’d reunite at the summit war. Also it’d be funny because if the ship did sail that’d make luffy and law brothers-in-law/ uncles to the same kids...

Anyways enough of my ramblings this is an amazing story thank you for the time you’re putting into this, it’s a thankless job but we readers really do appreciate you and your work.
Take care!
Reign of Rayne chapter 29 . 3/6/2021
God, the letter and Dadan's reaction was just perfect. The boys (and Lami) have all grown so much over the course of the story, and it's so amazing to see!

Being honest, I chanced upon this story while feeling super stressed about work and various Other Things, and the unrelenting tide of fluff, comfort, and affirmation was the perfect balm for that kind of funk. Thank you for writing this, seriously.

If and/or when you post more chapters for this fic, I will absolutely return!
Reign of Rayne chapter 27 . 3/5/2021
Man, Lami’s issues with not immediately feeling like she’s good at what she’s doing with fighting (and therefore contemplating giving it up) hits way too close to home.

I really, really like how you’ve written these kinds of conflicts: planting the seeds, letting things spiral with the kids, and then making it clear that an adult’s perspective and guidance can be very helpful. It’s always easy to dismiss the outsider’s pov but here you show how it can be extremely valuable, particularly for children. Didn't expect life lessons with this fic, but damn, there are a lot packed in here.
Reign of Rayne chapter 26 . 3/5/2021
I don’t have anything specific to say (which I know I’ve said before), but I just really liked how Ace’s parentage reveal and subsequent resolution was handled. It all felt so genuine.
Reign of Rayne chapter 25 . 3/5/2021
shoulda known ace wouldn't be able to reveal his secret at his own pace. poor kid; especially since luffy had only the best of intentions. Ace's freakout was heart wrenching, but the WBP mobilizing to find him was the perfect balm for that wound
Reign of Rayne chapter 24 . 3/5/2021
“I’m pretty sure Oyaji’d let a few assassination attempts slide, too” how about a hundred straight days’ worth? I like the nods to canon events. Oh, and Lami joining the crew is neat. I don’t remember much about her, but you’ve fit her in really well.
Reign of Rayne chapter 23 . 3/5/2021
Haruta is as subtle as a brick to the face in this chapter with Lami and it’s hilarious
Reign of Rayne chapter 20 . 3/4/2021
it's just...so...WHOLESOME

I'm having a great time with this fic. The emotional moments feel earned, the tension is there when it needs to be, and the brief glimpses of the "outside world" beyond the Moby Dick make it feel like there are far grander things in motion.

God, and I didn't even review the chapter where Ace's issues came to a head, but it was all *excellent.* There are enough clues for me to figure out what's likely to happen but the execution somehow manages to be a cut above every time. And the conversations! The family ribbing each other feels so natural, the ASL dynamics are adorable, and everything - every damn thing - has actual depth behind it helped by consistency and callbacks.

It's just amazing. 11/10 would recommend.
Reign of Rayne chapter 15 . 3/4/2021
the mental image of vista in sunglasses being so hungover he’s dead to the world while sitting at the breakfast table was superb
Reign of Rayne chapter 13 . 3/4/2021
i’m really loving how consistent the ASL’s personalities are. sabo as the rational one, ace as the hotheaded one, luffy as the impulsive one…it’s great, and keeps them feeling grounded even as they get into more and more incredible situations. And shoutout to Haruta, he was excellent in this chapter.
Reign of Rayne chapter 11 . 3/4/2021
This story hit my annual wholesomeness quota by, like, chapter 6. Continuing to read is just shameless self-indulgence on my part and I’m enjoying every second. The WBP really feel like family, and every interaction they have with the ASL brothers (both with them and about them) is just so *nice.*
Reign of Rayne chapter 7 . 3/3/2021
alternate chapter title: sweet, sweet catharsis
Reign of Rayne chapter 4 . 3/3/2021
the post-hug conversation between ace and sabo is so cute. the line “secret conversations to turn me into one of you hat-wearing weirdos?” from ace made me snort.
Guest chapter 25 . 3/3/2021
Overall, a great fanfic, but I’m getting kinda sick of this Lami character. She feels to much like an author self insert.
Reign of Rayne chapter 3 . 3/3/2021
i don't have anything specific to say but I didn't want to say nothing, so uh. I'm really, really enjoying this story so far, and like Ace, would like to perform some serious violence upon Bluejam. i also like how quickly you're pulling things away from canon and how dragon is like hella on board the second he heard it's luffy in danger
1,491 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »