Reviews for Nuzlocke: Deliverance
yourmom chapter 1 . 6/3/2020
yourmom
Username to be determined chapter 13 . 2/12/2018
Creative liberty should be used for the enhancement of the story.
Username to be determined chapter 4 . 2/11/2018
...The Piplup is a single being. Why is it referring to itself as we?
Arceus327 chapter 13 . 11/17/2016
Girish? I'm Girish! I can kinda see why you would go for 'Lord of the Mountains' for a Garchomp, but I think it would suit the Fire Lord more. But sharing my name with a Garchomp is much cooler than sharing it with an ape...
yoyo1324567 chapter 24 . 1/10/2016
Yay!
Woke up today and saw a new chapter by Key-Chan.
Today is gonna be a good day.
Great chapter as always, Key.
Incasa chapter 24 . 1/10/2016
First, my thoughts on the Dimensional Destruction chapters: Gallade are the beeeest! And also *SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN READING DD*

... Steven is clearly some kind of deity. That's all I'm gonna say. I'm sure he's a good deity, and I'm sure it's a good thing he's keeping secrets, but that's going to gnaw at me.

On an entirely different note: Fantina! French puns! A sympathetic Spiritomb who needs metaphysical hugs! Hooray for the Deliverance chapter! Also, it might be because of too much fanfic, but I get a distinct romantic vibe from Archie's side in his interactions with Blue. I know that he's getting set up with Key, but I ship the ship, and I ship it hard. And that's all I'll say about that before someone flames me.

I love all the Pokemon subplots, especially the ones in Deliverance. I love how their arcs overlap, and how Star is reaching the climax of her arc just as Sutekh's gets introduced. Prince and Caelin's arcs are longer, but they also encompass the rest of the party's story, which I think is pretty awesome. It's especially nice, because the arcs of most of the main characters stretch over all the regions, which means that only so much can be done during one installment of the series. I read the fic as a whole for Saylee/Key/Blue/Archie's plotlines, but I get excited about chapter updates for Gareth, Star, Sally, Raiden, Puck, Basil, and now Sutekh. My lovely adorable nonhuman babies!
Fiery Gray chapter 23 . 12/22/2015
Great chapter, I am really enjoying the side series and more on Blue and Archie, I love how it ties in and I love the dynamic between these too and shaking it up with Blue still having his Pokemon. Very true to character considering it's written by the fabulous Key-chan not mangaluva, I love how Blue and Saylee both have the dislike of ghosts because of the first book so the continuation just is great. Interesting the whole Spirit Tomb thing, I also like the dates I forgot to say to keep track of the timeline. It was a really intense scene for a second there, well written.

Don't worry about being behind on chapters, it happens. Also I like the artwork you do for these.
Parth chapter 22 . 12/7/2015
.God.
I can't wait for the next chapter!
archidus chapter 16 . 12/8/2015
In memory of Paul. :(
This was a huge throwback to the very first of Saylee's quests. And it felt awesome.

Thank you very much.
WyldClaw chapter 21 . 11/22/2015
That was so descriptive I felt like I was there
DStrange chapter 20 . 11/14/2015
How dare you.

RIP Rapier! I was so excited for him after I lost my own Budew...
Incasa chapter 18 . 11/1/2015
Oh no, I ship it. But I ship Blue/Saylee, too. ... Meh. Ships may collide in interesting ways, but no ship is mutually exclusive with any other.

Yaaaaay, let's bring up ancient character development in order to raise the level of woobieness to 11! Seriously, though, the fact that the Lavender Town thing was brought up from both Saylee and Blue's perspectives is wonderful and perfect and I love it. Also the fact that Archie is seriously, really a pirate. Because pirates, amiright?

And Fantina is wonderfully French. She would totally be a Corpse Bride, and I love the low-key creepiness she has to her. It's interesting how, I think, all of the Dark/Ghost/Psychic trainers so far in this series have had at least some elements of horror to them. Now I'm imagining Fantina animated in a stop-motion style... And now I need a film about Pokemon filmed in stop-motion.

Back to my first point, though: I'm pretty sure I'm looking at this with shipping goggles, but I'm also pretty sure that Archie and Blue have some pretty strong chemistry going on. I think it's sweet. *Disclaimer: this is not to say that I think Archie and Blue are a thing that should happen, or a thing that will happen; it is merely an observation I am making about their dynamic in this particular chapter, which is probably a result of being in the Kingdom Hearts fandom for too long.*
Incasa chapter 17 . 10/25/2015
I love the accents. All of the accents. Especially Rapier's verbal tic, because it makes me feel smart to decipher the French. And read it out loud, just because.

I wanted to confirm, though, which general accents the regions have. Because this is the first chapter where the humans have had (somewhat) phonetic accents, while the Pokemon - in Johto especially - have had interesting accents in the past. I noticed that Archie and Blue have dialogue spelt without dropping letters, and with mostly correct grammar constructions, while the Sinnoh(er?ian?) had lazier diction and several apostrophes. Since accents have been largely British thus far, is it safe to guess that these are based on British regional accents?

As seen before, Saylee suffers the majority of the losses thus far. It's sort of sad that a character named after a LotR dwarf is gone, but I also think, in terms of team balance, at least, he couldn't last long. A Gastrodon is a very powerful addition to Saylee's team, while a Graveler (assuming no trades) is very limiting due to its typing. Also I think that the Mars fight might be one of the hardest in the game, so good job taking only one loss. I usually take at least one full-party-wipe from her unless I've been grinding.

Once more, Silver's adorable and any scene of him being insecure is really REALLY heartwarming and I shouldn't spoil it in a review for another fic so anyone looking at this who hasn't read Random Oneshots of Random what are you doing here go do the thing but he's soooo sweeeet and needs hugs and he gets them even though he doesn't want them and heartwarming dialogue to help him deal with angst and I think that those sorts of interactions should be considered the ultimate in great character writing GOOD JOB MANGALUVA. Phew.

And, finally, every single Pokemon interaction in the chapters I'm actually reviewing here is great. Although I'm confused by Basil's characterisation. Is it based on his nature, IV's, or the fact that Buizel do tend to be a bit weak at the start? Was he a bit underlevelled for the area? And what's gonna happen if Archie gets another female Pokemon? Star won't like that.

Good luck Ms. The Fabulous Key-chan!
archidus chapter 10 . 9/7/2015
If we count Shanks, Archie has 4 Water-types. Wow, that's probably convenient for Archie and inconvenient to you as the nuzlocker, eh? *googles* And Gyarados learn Ice Fang only at level 32. Oh crap. I hope everything goes well in Eterna's Gym Battle!

Also I'm really loving the multiple demonstrations of Archie's knowledge of Water-types. Makes him look like someone who could end up becoming a great Professor/Researcher someday... That is, if the whole Pokéarth is willing to forgive him.
archidus chapter 6 . 9/2/2015
The explanation for Bubbles Stones made me laugh. VERY HARD XD

This is great. :D It's nice to see Archie getting some necessary distraction with the Sinnoh's Gym Challenge.

and OMG NO! PRINCE! CLIFFHANGERS!