Reviews for What Wade Knew
magnolia1717 chapter 1 . 6/17
I have always loved Rhett and Wade since Wade was a year old.I hope he can forgive Rhett and love him again.I hate it in fanfiction when it doesn't go that way.
starlite22 chapter 11 . 4/16
This is a great story so far, hope you come back and continue, would love to read more.
lostrocket chapter 8 . 3/14
Indulging in a reread and popping up here to say I’m so curious what the story is behind these mysterious letters!
Cleophee chapter 11 . 2/6
Everytime I reread the book, I stop after the accident and read this story instead, which is just perfect. So as you can imagine, I am dying to know what happens next...
Alisa-kun chapter 11 . 12/1/2017
Une fic superbe, vivement la suite.
Bonne continuation
Guest chapter 11 . 11/12/2017
Love the last chapter, and the whole story too. Please update soon, you are very talented!
PatDarcy chapter 11 . 9/30/2017
I love your history! Please update soon!
TinkStar87 chapter 11 . 9/16/2017
Loving this story, and really enjoyed this chapter and how you ended it. Hope you update again soon. Read ya Later ;)
littlebittykittyone chapter 11 . 7/22/2017
There is so much in this chapter, it's wonderful! I love the symbolism of Ashley's poorly built fence destroying the day and how Rhett helped Scarlett move past it at the end. Hopefully Scarlett does see what's right in front of her, holding her up and helping her along.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/10/2017
This story is such a delight. Please a new chapter soon, this is the perfect reading for summer.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/6/2017
Please, update your great story soon!
Guest chapter 11 . 6/2/2017
Amazing new chapter! Can't wait for the next.
Scrapper chapter 11 . 5/29/2017
There is so much wonderfulness going on in this chapter. Rhett and Scarlett are actually talking to one another much as they did before they were married, particularly during the period when Scarlett was married to Frank and turned to Rhett for advice and validation. You also call back the line from the novel about money making Scarlett happy or not without going through the excruciating betrayal of Rhett manipulation of the sale of the mill and the conversation that sees the two men essentially ganging up on Scarlett for her business practices.

Anyway, that is beside the point. The fence is a wonderful metaphor. I'm not sure I assume that Rhett knows Ashley built it. He may if Scarlett has spoken much about life at Tara in the summer and fall of 1865. He may not explicitly connect this in his mind even though the reader absolutely does and should. I also love that it is Bonnie who sets in motion the demise of the fence. I think readers of the novel had an expectation that Bonnie's birth might bring Rhett and Scarlett closer, which of course does not happen in the novel and often does not happen in real life when couples have a child intending to strengthen a shaky relationship. Still, Bonnie's existence is an added incentive should either (or both) parties be willing to give it a whirl.

I also rather like the pomegranate. There is so much about the fruit and the orchard that I could pick apart here. The pomegranate is a symbol of fertility (!) and prosperity and good luck. The pomegranate is sometime credited with being the "apple" that was given by Eve to Adam in the garden of paradise (the orchard at Tara is an excellent stand-in for this) and the eating of the apple lifted the veil of innocence and put Adam and Eve on the threshold of the wider world-the world of reality, if you will, to face an uncertain present and future after the loss of and ideal past/childhood. The myth of Persephone (Proserpine) can also be interpreted as the coming of age into a world that is equal parts good (summer/fertility/the world of light and sunshine) and evil (winter/dormancy/the dark underworld).

In among these big metaphors there are all of the lovely moments. Scarlett climbing over the fence, unladylike as that is, and Rhett's sweet response. The image of the girls laughing and running through the sun and grass. We are reminded of the mystery correspondence that Scarlett discovered and I wonder what crisis Wade will precipitate as we go forward. we seem to be at a bit of a turning point in the story with several things in suspension. Looking forward to more, as always.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/22/2017
Lovely story!
I Dream of Spring chapter 11 . 5/20/2017
Great chapter. Loved the fence/Ashley/Rhett metaphor. The picnic was wonderful, so peaceful in the orchard, you described it wonderfully. A perfect place for a little reflection. I hope Scarlett eventually realises what Rhett was getting at with his talk of properly seeing the present. A wonderful chapter, thank you.