Reviews for For Want Of A Nail
Marjorie Nescio chapter 35 . 8/4
The want of a nail resulted in an interesting story. I enjoyed reading it.
Colleen S chapter 2 . 4/7
Oh read this wonderful story in A Happy Assemblh! Decided to Google it and here it's on FanFiction! Every now and then I love to read this again. In a way so true to life one split decision, one missed taxi ride, who knows what Fate we missed for good or bad!
2lulu2 chapter 21 . 3/21
I was too chicken to read your whole story so I started it midway. I loved it so much that I immediately started over haha. This chapter is amazing.
KoreMama chapter 35 . 2/27
I really enjoyed reading your story. You captured what I love best about P&P, introduced new characters, weaved important plot points into the narrative and most of all, our protagonists have their HEA.
Trini chapter 35 . 2/4
Darcy no ha sabido nada de Elizabeth desde hace años y decide casarse. Claro, tiene su derecho. Pero, ¿Por qué no decide buscarla? No se sabe
Elizabeth recuerda a Darcy pero sin que su corazón esté implicado. Y se casa con un hombre amable que la ama.
Los dos enviudan. Con dolor.
Un día vuelven a encontrarse y aquello que fue, vuelve a ser.
Y los vemos rodeados de niños y felicidad.
Gracias, muchas gracias por tu tiempo
Trini
04-02-2018
ProfesseurBlinis chapter 35 . 2/2
I was not sure at first I wanted to read that story but I'm glad I did because I enjoyed it so much! Thank you for this !
mangosmum chapter 35 . 1/16
I usually don't like stories that have Darcy and Elizabeth married to other people.I especially hate when writers pair her with Colonel Fitzwilliam. This is quite different. Several years pass between the last time they are together and they marry others. Both find partners who are actually quite similar to the one they left. Elizabeth married Anthony who is considerate and runs a very profitable estate and allows her input. Darcy married a vicar's daughter who was intelligent and a good walker. Losing their spouse wasn't expected at all. They meet again as mature adults and life isn't the same. The writer making them older and wiser was good because the angst and jumping to conclusions is gone.
I actually loved reading this story and was sad it ended.
mangosmum chapter 27 . 1/16
So far I am extremely pleased with this story. Darcy and Elizabeth are two souls who need to be united. Even though they had other spouses, and " esteem " was present for both, the love these two share is unique.
Great evil characters...They are actually worse than Wickham.
princessplupin chapter 35 . 10/2/2017
just lovely 3
Karen chapter 35 . 9/12/2017
A wonderful variation! The first chapter hooked my full attention and throughout the story, the plot and prose was excellent. Second chance love at its best.
Prhood, wherever you are, please know you have provided this voracious reader of countless P&P reimaginings more pleasure than guilt. I normally indulge in this past time with a some embarrassment and endure the eye rolling of my family. But occasionally a jewel is discovered like For Want Of A Nail and I am reminded why I love this genre. This was a true pleasure to read.
Sheila Majczan chapter 35 . 8/7/2017
Ah...well done. Thank you.
Sheila Majczan chapter 34 . 8/7/2017
I have tears now that they have learned...so close, yet so far away!
Sheila Majczan chapter 33 . 8/7/2017
How far the proud have fallen? Caro - well deserved.
Sheila Majczan chapter 32 . 8/7/2017
What can I say? The marriage is well consummated.
Sheila Majczan chapter 31 . 8/7/2017
So those plans seem to have fallen through...why do I feel like I should not hold my breath?