Reviews for Mononoke
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 12 . 11/21/2013
The truly sad thing is he can't even actually do it.

In a way, Bob reminds me of Albus Dumbledore – always reacting. As long as he doesn't get off his ass and tours through all Org quarters locatable, they will always hurt Logan and everyone else, no matter if they are close to Bob. Suicide runs, but Org seems to have an unending supply of bigots.

Ammy sounded so nice back then... How deceiving.

Cattle prod to Logan's emotional balls, part two. The sad part – it's not even the worst he's going to get.

Uh, not really.
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 11 . 11/21/2013
Pff. The only thing evil is you rotten lot.

I'm laughing so hard... The boss of a Yakuza family wants to know if somebody's got a conscience. Oh, the irony.

And why the hell should that fucker waste space in some monastery?
Yes, definitely are. Well, the kid maybe not.

It's so easy to say “Let go” for those who don't actually do any letting go.
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 10 . 11/21/2013
Still don't get why he left her alive. People trying to kill you always stay people trying to kill you, no matter the reasons.

Is it really that difficult? Drowning or suffocating, for fuck's sake. Or melting him down to his skeleton.

A matter of wonderment for me throughout the series: Here (Japan '81) there's Wolverine who can talk and has coherent thought processes, who didn't kill Kyoshi because he wasn't “decent prey”. Present Day there's the Org's creation (?) Wolverine with blue eyes and coherent thought processes and there's Logan's inner madness which lashes out at everything moving without coherent thought processes, but some animal sense.
The question's: How did that happen? Did whatever Org did separate the rage from Wolverine, or did they mutilate Wolverine until the madness was all that was left of him? Or something entirely different?

Shit... Haido's such a fucking idiot.

Would make the world a better place if he did.
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 9 . 11/21/2013
And you will be soon dead, Hachiro, just like you were supposed to be all along.

What exactly made Logan talk to her? Yeah, yeah, women are his weakness, but he KNOWS she's been going around killing people for a drug dealer.
Emma is going to face an unpleasant surprise...

You can go without air for 5 minutes?

For all the dieing Bob does later in the series, seeing him reluctant like that is weird.
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 8 . 11/21/2013
He might have found honor,but neither grace nor death, though I bet he wished he found the latter.

I guess that has changed. Chances are they might be underwater soon. Oh, wait, not them, someone else...

A casino named Robin Hood. Love the irony.

I repeat myself: Ain't paranoia if they are really out to get you.

Oh no, Haido, not Satan. Nature just popped out a century ago what might be the prototype for the solution to human overpopulation.

The X-Men unbeatable? I'd ask what Logan smoked, but since the stuff doesn't work for him, I'll just leave it at an incredulous look.

Good old trapdoor.
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 7 . 11/21/2013
I don't even know where to start with pointing out the holes in his logic. Actually, I don't want to, I just want to see him die.

Logan wouldn't need explosives to rob a bank, just time.

Surprise.
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 6 . 11/21/2013
On the contrary, they did. Well, Mystique left on a stretcher.

He should play Poker.

Mariko strongly dislikes her family, but won't leave them to save her life. I'll never understand that.

I'd rather take the claws than the healing factor.
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 5 . 11/21/2013
Or he's already dead. Well, he ain't, or he wouldn't care anymore, but the cynic in me just had to say that.

That for one, and immortal humans would be really, REALLY big shit.

Because some people take delight in doing good.

Bob really takes the fun out of things.

Hello, Mystique. Long time no see.
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 4 . 11/21/2013
The Pope in Scientology... lol.

Geez, I wonder why he would not say he was a mutant?

The definition of “have to” is quite malleable...

You know someone's lying to you, but you can't do a thing to make him stop. I imagine this has to be one of the worst possible feelings in the world.

Well, he's not an ACTUAL perpetual motion machine – he does need to eat.

My, my, Mariko, what language you use!
Now if that's not REALLY cynic – their first similarity is people getting killed around them. I do appreciate said cynicism, though.

Inhuman. Pfff.
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 3 . 11/21/2013
Because if others look too long, they start to ask inconvenient questions.

When I read this first, I really hoped we'd see what was up with that inscription. Sadly, we never did.
I wonder how Logan got all these books lugged around.
Huh? He's supposedly born in the 1870s, so he wouldn't have caught much of it, especially since he was born in Canada. So either Logan's older in your Demonverse, or he traveled a LOT in his 20s.

“You'll live, but I'll not..”... How true. Goes for most people in Logan's life, too. No wonder he's got a very dark sense of humor (ftw).

These colors don't attract much attention, and they provide good cover in the darkness.

No, it wouldn't, but since you don't know that yet, Mariko...

Ain't paranoia if they are really out to get you.

Aaah... 35 years ago, so 1902. If he was thirty back then, he has to have been born in 1872.
Hm... That's not even that much over your average life span. Then again, people usually live a quieter life in their 60s and upwards.

Ouch. That hurt. And I don't think it's recommended to jump four stories down with just a man playing shock absorber.

Well, that's one way high heels can come in handy.
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 2 . 11/21/2013
Neither.

The thug didn't.

Very nice family. I bet she feels the love.

What's so great about kama sutra being re-enacted by featureless wooden dolls?

And Firestarter won't be able to take him down, either. The Nazis can tell her about it.

Well, you pulled him back, Bob, didn't you?

Yes, it will hurt terribly. I agree that some things should be left alone, too. Nevertheless, it's his life, and unless Bob made him feel okay with not knowing (“I've got no memories, but I'm okay with it because I know they're awful.”), Logan would never stop beating himself up over it.
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
Some things are the same wherever you look.

I wonder what Bob would think if he saw these moments in Logan's memories.
And I also wonder just how much strength you have to have to break a man's wrist like that.

Hm. She probably figured his client wasn't important. Not exactly professional.

Logan meets the most annoying assholes wherever he goes.
zeromi chapter 2 . 6/10/2011
Please go back a review the story starting in chapter one and complete your thoughts and its musk not must or you might have ment dust. And some thoughts are never finished and another is suddenly started.

Also I know details are important but if you use it too much it gets boring its kinda like the english teacher saying the blue curtains represent sadness and lost when the author just meant that the curtains were blue :)
BlackDew chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
I was just re-reading all your stories for the nth time, and I had to leave a review for this one. Did you know that Mononoke makes me walk around in an emotional wreck for hours . . . *every freaking time I read it*?

And that's why you're amazing. I hate stories where Logan breaks down and goes emo-it takes a rare author to get it just right. And goodness, do you have it just right. Are you a psychologist? Perhaps from UCLA? ;)

Again, congrats and well done.

Always looking forward to more,

BlackDew
Lenneth chapter 12 . 7/20/2007
this is my favorite out of every single story you have written! thank you so much! i am in love.