Reviews for Go A Long Way Around
Runecutter chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Amazing. You almost make me like all that mushy emotional girly stuff :P
No, serious. This is wonderful, it makes a good case for Hermione's feelings and reasons well why she avoids Harry. I like this far more than the often seen reason of "you're to dangerous to make a commitment, my heart would be broken as soon as you'd die", this way feels much more natural and coming from a deep and loving heart.
And the descriptions of the boys are dead on, exactly like i would see them. Vic the gentleman, Harry, the chivalrous one who'll be abandoned as soon as his lady gets to know him and Ron the great taker... as he has nothing to give.
I liked also the difference between the breakups... Victor deeply hurt, Ginny getting trouble for giving up a lost enterprise after she was barely allowed to start it by Ron in the first place :D and Ron and Hermione just fizzed out like old stale soda... Sounds fitting to the expected degree of emotional tightness inside those relationships...

So now... just for reference... this is the whole teapot in full play? :D
serenityselena chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
interesting story _
q.thews chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
Just before reading your AN regarding the lack of dialogue i was thinking of reviewing writing that i liked the lack of dialogue (and even that maybe it would be better if it was even less).

So i suppose that the experiment is gone well :-)

Bye
ingridgrieg chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
It's like you wrote an after HBP thing here. :)

"Why not me?" I like that question. I've been asking that thing, too. "Why not Hermione?" "Why not Harry?"

Anyway, I loved the ending on this.
wicked vamp chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
it really is a beautiful story.
Pinku-koneko chapter 1 . 2/10/2004
my what a long way around to go 4 a kiss but it was worth it. it was sweet!
Leah6 chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
that was awesome! i love harry so much, he has to deal with everything...h/hr forever! love it! -leah
TheLaguna chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
Very nice, you are like, amazingly good at writing these short fic's that give just enough of a glimpse at it all. I don't know if that makes any sense at all, but it sure does to me. Anyway, good job.

-TheLaguna-
MoreThanFourSidesToMe chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
Hey, me again, that is briliant, inspired, wonderful! I love all ur stuff Ive come accross so far. which is why Im putting u on my favorite author list. hope it makes u fell warm n fuzzy n loved. L
ChrisMiss chapter 1 . 1/18/2003
I dunno what to say about this fic...it was sweet and angsty and in a way it was also funny too. Not in a bad way mind. I found it humorous because Hermione questioned her feelings for once and it's the first time I've seen it done this way. She thought it was a crush...and yet she worried over him just the same. I think she thought she could be content with just being his friend but there were times when she knew that something was missing in her love life. And that was funny because I've always seen strong!Hermione, who knows her feelings and is willing to sacrifice them because of the friendship. But here she immediately denies. I thought it was interesting how you characterized her relationship with Ron...how it was comfortable, like your favorite quilt. That's just how I see the R/Hr dynamic, comfortable. And when Harry asked her why not me...I just melted...he has these moments when I just want to huggles him in fanon and you did just that. He's so insecure that instead of asking her to go out with him he asks her why he isn't good enough. Silly boy._

Christina
melaney guthrie chapter 1 . 1/16/2003
that was a nice h/hr story .
Puntang Jones chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
I loved this story. You are one of the best authors that I've ever read work by.

The one thing in this story that I didn't quite understand was, I believe, the third paragraph from the top that says:

"Later that year, her heart was broken by him - not by him refusing her, but by him suddenly disappearing. That was the worst time of her life, knowing that he might have been lost forever. It wasn't love...at least, not the passionate love that she dreamt of, though perhaps it was a sort of love that made her angst so..."

Anyway, you were talking about Hermione's love for Harry in that paragraph, right? Because, by that first line, I got a bit confused on whose heart was broken by Harry (since you did write about Cho in the previous paragraph.)

Anyway, that's basically my review. I love ALL of your stories! I hope one day that you'll grace my stories with one of your reviews (that was sooooooo cheesy, but I meant it.)

Love, Anything But Ordinary
tragicomedy chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
I love the last line (or the summary). It's so sweet! H/H FOREVER!
blah gurl chapter 1 . 12/30/2002
very good. its hard to write stories without any dialouge. I like it very much. write more like that.
Animagus-Steph chapter 1 . 12/29/2002
Oh...My GOODNESS! wow. Can I say that enough? There aren't enough great words in the English language to describe how I adore your writing.

wow.

I am awed.

Okay... You're totally welcome for the review. I just feel honored that I get to have the priviledge*sp?* of reading your work, and it is always quality, even the fluff. Now I feel sheepish about the 'i don't know what...' it was kind of obvious.

But anyway, back to YOU! Because you're WONDERFUL!

(And must I say that you posted this on my 20th birthday? It probably was the best gift I got. Dang. Thank you.)

I don't know, this is getting right up there with breathe and Save the Last Dance... Yep, I think that that is where it is. My # 3 fav. fan fic is this... Oh, dang, it is so great.

On with the good things!:

Fuyumi, your handle on the particulars of the English language and description are superb. I have no idea if you're a natural speaker or not, and simply, I don't care. (It always surprises me when I find people like that, does it happen to you?) What I am getting at is that your fiction is seamless. Nothing is frivolous, you don't over describe, you don't under describe, everything is just right (I feel as though I am in Goldilocks and the Three Bears). It is always so good that I can't read it quickly enough, and because of that, I can never grow my fingernails out. I'm too busy gnawing at them in suspense, I can't read your stories fast enough, I feel like such a glutton. (And, I am not a slow reader, fyi.)

Your ability to change styles is amazing. You commented on how little dialogue there is in this fiction. I have one word for you: Castaway. Have you seen that? Tom Hanks? 2 2 1/2 hour movie... 15 minutes of dialogue. That show got all kinds of nominations. Likewise, I think that this works. It is matter-of-fact, and very cleanly told. Hermione, contrary to popular belief in my humble opinion, is very eloquent, as her name suggests. This fiction is told in the same fashion, and it works. It works. I love this story.

Back to what I was saying, the ability you posess to change styles of writing is pulled off flawlessly. (I noticed it before I saw your A/N, so... I feel pretty good about myself. *Thanks her creative writing class*)

Finally. The believablility in your work is always ... believable. You're accomplished in my book. I don't know what else I can say. You always know the canon, you have a true grip on the characters, and Holy Moses, you write H/Hr! (which explains the 'true grip on H/Hr... It'll be in the canon, I know it!)

I can't see anything wrong with it.

As for things to work on, I am sorry, today I have none. Thanks for a great birthday present!

Thanks for your excellent, excellent work, as well.

The admiring, jealous fan,