Reviews for Barefoot
renextronex chapter 15 . 2/18
Isn't a goverment authority supposed to grade OWLs and NEWTs?
bloodsword007 chapter 9 . 2/17
fascinating story!
SafeT2nd chapter 51 . 2/16
Love the story
WolfFTW69 chapter 51 . 2/12
when is it updating plase
TheMightyObsidian chapter 26 . 2/12
This is it.
I've had enough.
This story, started out fucking PERFECT (minus a few grammatical/spelling errors, but whatever, I can overlook it). The idea was original and clever. Then what do you do? You fuck it right up.
I was concerned about where Tonks was going at first. She's already an adult, while Harry was there at 11 and whatever (and Jesus Christ that just sounds fucking pedo-ish just thinking about it). Then you go and throw him being an animagus in there for no reason. Why? Up to this point, it has added basically nothing to the plot, and it just bogs it down into being more generic. You already have a goldmine idea, why fuck with it?
The sexual humor has gone far too out of hand, it's just fucking absurd by this point. Tonks is a whore, Sirius is living in a fucking playboy mansion, Hermione spouts more double entendres than Felicity fucking Smoak, and every time Harry reacts to it I swear I get this much closer to punching him.
And now for your crowning achievement: the icing on the fucking cake.
I know you teased this a little while ago in your author's notes, and I prayed you wouldn't actually go through with the ridiculous idea. Hedwig as a human? Seriously? Fucking WHY? What purpose does this even serve!? Who cares!? Why can't you just realize that you've bastardized an amazing premise with this fucking absurd nonsense out of nowhere!?
This chapter fucking broke me from the name alone. "More Hedwig", it's like you're mocking every fucking poor sap that's been roped into this mess. I started reading it, then skim-reading as I got angrier, and then just gave up because it was ridiculous.
Well done. You've broken me.
And believe me when I say that I am never touching this site again with a 50 foot pole because of your fucking garbage dump of a plot progression.
I wouldn't be so angry if it had just been like this from the start, but it wasn't. This was a genuinely good idea.
Hallelujah, holy shit.
Yours truly,
An angry critic.
mike311 chapter 51 . 2/7
I love. PLZ Mord. Pretty plz
SpencerDorman chapter 40 . 2/4
(Probably should’ve finished reading chapter 41 before posting its review, but I was kind of impatient, so here’s the rest)

Not accusing anyone of any copying or anything, but my first (and only) time seeing the Deathly Hallows having a connection to the Veil (or in this case, what appears to be another Veil) was in the story Blindness; I loved it there, and I love it here too. This is definitely my first time seeing a second Veil (or at least, what appears to be so), however, so you at least still have that.

On a side note, I was thinking on one of Harry’s theories, and realized that since this second Veil came about something around 300 years after the creation of the Deathly Hallows (as far as I know, at least), this Veil could not be the way that the Peverell brothers possibly explored and learned from the other side, so maybe they used the one that the British Ministry would later be built around to achieve such a venture? However, that begs the question: if that Veil was already there, then why would Ekrizdis need to build his own? Did he really not know it was there? I suppose it’s possible, but eh, I’ll leave it up to you to hopefully be explained.
SpencerDorman chapter 41 . 2/4
Wait, I just remembered this. Jörmungandr and Fenrir were brought up earlier in the story (I was reminded of them because of Harry speaking High-Parsel), but Harry came up with the theory that Jörmungandr was really the Ley Lines (which I personally don’t really see; sure, they circle the earth like the World Serpent, but what else connects them, and what’s the connection to snakes?), but he never came up with a theory about what Fenrir really was. Seems like a rather big whole in his theory if it’s only half of one, at best, since he only theorized about one of the two mentioned “Gods”. If the two “Gods” didn’t have such connections, then it wouldn’t cause any problems by theorizing about one but not the other, but they do have a connection and they were introduced to Harry at the same time, so he should have theorized about both.
SpencerDorman chapter 39 . 2/4
I guess I’m still holding out some small hope that Hermione will be paired with Harry, but if Crookshanks’ new fixation with Ginny is at least partly because of Hermione’s crush on her, what does that say about Crookshanks’ old fixation with Harry? Add to it that animals can quite clearly tell that Harry is somehow connected to a canine, of which cats notoriously don’t get along with, and I would say that there’s a deeper reasoning behind that fixation. Maybe Hermione did use to have a crush on Harry, and through their familial bond, Crookshanks developed his fixation with him, despite him smelling like a wolf?
SpencerDorman chapter 33 . 2/4
Even though the Deathly Hallows weren’t actually made by Death, itself, in this story, is there still some credence to the title of “Master of Death”? I’m certainly not expecting something like immortality (in any form), control over death, or something equally overpowered, but some kind of effect from possessing all three Hallows would still be interesting.
SpencerDorman chapter 26 . 2/4
I’d been thinking that there was also something between Harry and Hermione—the kisses on the cheeks, her jealousy when learning of Tonks and Harry first kissing, his sometimes more-than-strictly-friends thoughts—but with you not including her whatsoever when talking about the pairing in your AN, except for possibly the “steal a couple girls away into the broom closet this year” comment, it seems as if that is not the case. At the very least, it should be Harry/Tonks/Hermione before Hedwig is added anywhere into the mix.
SpencerDorman chapter 5 . 2/3
Really not a big deal, but shouldn’t Harry have known about the fact that the stairs move since he was in contact with them, thus triggering his ability?
Ashlynn LionHart chapter 16 . 2/1
Very interesting power and nice story! -
Curaramel chapter 51 . 1/29
Awesome, as always!
Shad0wReaper133 chapter 10 . 1/29
grasp on its* history. - Possessive once again.

properties or its* history. - Possessive.

any have stared into its* depths and lost their minds - Possessive.

"And thank you* for the cloak." - Not "your".

and some of its* abilities." I say. "Also, its* age. The year 1250 - Both possessive.

"Its* aura is a unique shade of purple too. - Possessive.

unravel its* secrets, - Possessive.

Well, the story was interesting, but god damn are the errors jarring as fuck. There's just way too many to get any enjoyment out of it.
2,315 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »