Reviews for Barefoot
Dr Gero chapter 28 . 7/8/2021
That was a fun mission and action scene! I really enjoy it when Harry gets pulled onto a case. And whenever Harry calls Albus (and I think Scrimgeour onceChief." Always puts me in mind of those detective procedurals.
Dr Gero chapter 25 . 7/8/2021
So... I'm still enjoying the story but the tone has definitely changed as Harry's gotten older. Frankly it's a lot thirstier than I thought it would be lol. The abilities Harry has and his struggle with them have really taken a backseat, which is very unfortunate as that made this Harry fairly unique.
I'd say he really doesn't struggle with them at all anymore and mostly enjoys the benefits. He is a lot more normal and functional than I assumed he would be in the beginning and appears to be happily forming a harem. If not, it certainly has the dressings of one.
I'm not inherently against that if it's well written and fun without getting too skeevy. Tonks' behavior is very much boarderline though. And I can only say that much because of Harry's unique abilities; i.e. assimilating potentially hundreds of years worth of experiences and knowledge. His physical age definitely doesn't accurately describe him, but the age difference is still a rather important conversation to at least have once and I feel like we just sidestepped that whole business, which is odd. She's in law enforcement and potentially breaking a bunch of laws and they're courting scandal, at least as far as has been explained about this world as of yet. All we've seen are Hermione's initial concern and that can be chalked up to jealousy in one form or another. It IS a bad look for Harry from the outside. I wouldn't be surprised if Skeeter or someone would run an article on "the insidious metamorphosis" trying to "seduce the young boy savior."
My other big concern is that there's too much following of the books' events. We rushed through 2nd year and missed out on basically 2 years of Luna and forming a friendship there (and with others). Harry seemed interested in the Lovegood name at first and then she just dropped off, with Harry making a couple comments about her bullying (in his own house no less) and then we jump forward a year and they're close enough for Harry to understand her references. With his ability and her unique perspective, I feel like there were a lot of great scenes that practically write themselves which we missed out on. That's the biggest missed opportunity here imo.
I'm still enjoying it and there's a lot of fun ideas, but it is definitely feeling like a 90s anime at the moment. We just need a trip to the beach or hot springs and for Hermione and Hedwig to declare themselves love rivals to Tonks.
Dr Gero chapter 12 . 7/8/2021
Great chapter! It felt a little snappier then the previous ones but not in a negative way. I think it would be a good format for covering larger chunks of passing time.
That was a good resolution Harry figured out for Hagrid and I really enjoyed the interactions between Harry, Tonks, Albus and Hermione. Their friendships are fun and endearing.
The only thing I think was missing was a quick scene of Harry seeingfeeling the movement of the forest animals or seasons changing or similar as he walked along the forest.
Dr Gero chapter 11 . 7/8/2021
This is great! hahaha. Having seen a lot of detective type shows like Monk, Psych, Sherlock and the previously mentioned Dead Zone, this was a treat. Felt just like a scene you would see in one of them.
While I enjoy the more lighthearted elements like parts of this chapter and his friendship with Tonks and Albus, I like the heavier and introspective moments as well. So far the balance has been really nice.
Dr Gero chapter 1 . 7/8/2021
This is a great introductory chapter and I love the premise. I don't recall seeing a Harry with "Dead Zone" clairvoyance or psychic powers before, it's a really fun concept.
Milagro626 chapter 56 . 7/4/2021
Very good story. Some parts I find a little confusing, but I eventually start to understand the echocentrics of the plot with the "Darkness" or the "Realm of Magic". I am not sure, but it sounds like you are ending this story at this time. Is this true?
HoneyBear84 chapter 56 . 6/27/2021
Love it so far and seriously hope you will start updating it again someday soon
Margaret Luna Sullivan chapter 56 . 6/23/2021
This entire work is brilliant. Occasionally disturbing, but overall brilliant. I hope you enjoy wherever your writing takes you, and I hope you one day come back to this.
chronodaimon chapter 56 . 6/21/2021
Please Update!
Songdrawn chapter 5 . 6/17/2021
At chapter five
Thought I would say I like this story so far. It's got a nice idea, can't wait to read further.
firewolf chapter 28 . 6/15/2021
true that
Guest chapter 17 . 6/14/2021
COOL - tho it would be nice if he had kept it a secret...

-firewolf
DarkRavie chapter 56 . 6/16/2021
I really like tis story. It's an excellent read and I look forward to reading what happens in your next chapter.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/14/2021
Title Ideas;

"Only I Can See the Plaques"
"Ravenclaw"
"You'd do well as an antique dealer, Potter"
"Curious, Curious"
"Read your book! Err... I already did"
"Hello Hermione! ... How did you know my name?"
"The Knowledge I Take From You"
Nad19 chapter 12 . 6/9/2021
i love his detective tone
3,469 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »