Reviews for Shoulders
The Visitor chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
Oh, this is an amazing piece. The idea of using shoulders to convey their friendship and differences was inspiring. It has a subtle undertone of something deeper than friendship, but not too much. I can't wait to read your other works.
Jesry chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
I love the way this is written. A very well crafted piece.
Montana chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
Absolutely excellent. Very sensual as someone said, and very well written. It touches on the edge of slash, but is all the more sexy for not blatantly flaunting it. Again, excellent job
Lemur chapter 1 . 12/27/2002
I have read and enjoyed several of your stories and honestly, it would be a crime not to review; good writing on should be praised highly and continually. Your style is fluid, flawless, poetic and all those other adjectives that you've undoutedly (and rightly) been told many times before, but what struck me was the heart you put into all of it.

Getting into characters' heads - especially characters like Legolas and Aragorn - is not easy to do with finesse and while portraying slash with any sort of believablity, but you do both quite well. I especially enjoyed the interaction at the end; so small an exchange, but meaningful. And it resonates, the importance of which I don't think can be over-stated.

I was inspired to read a few of your postings at your livejournal and am left somewhat in awe. You are what I always instinctively called myself even before I was really old enough for people to take me seriously: a writer. It's in you; it's what you are. I understand that, I feel that, I get that - and I am so glad that you share it with the rest of us. I'd like to flatter myself and say you feel like a kindred spirit, but I don't know that my own talents are up to that.

In short, thank you, thank you.
SinNombre26 chapter 1 . 12/26/2002
thaT WAS very sweet and very interesting...ifind myself looking at my shoulders
Fayet chapter 1 . 12/23/2002
You're right, that is really cute. Very sensual.. :) A nice piece of work. Have more stuff like this?
Snake Eyez chapter 1 . 12/22/2002
I really love the entire idea of this story. It was new, creative, and well... While I'm not obsessed I do so love anything to do with Aragorn and Legolas cackle
Nalana chapter 1 . 12/22/2002
...it's new...difernt...I LIKE IT! hehehe...
Grinning Reaper chapter 1 . 12/22/2002
Ooooo... that was so pretty. Legolas is pretty...hee hee hee...

Mmkay. I'm done being fan girly for right now. I never thought that shoulders could be so sexy! ::laughs:: But yah. That was sweet. Another? Yes? Please? For me?
Robin chapter 1 . 12/22/2002
It's beautiful.
Calico Kat chapter 1 . 12/22/2002
Awesome! Very fun perspective for a character study. I applaud your friend for the suggestion. It's always good to see how much can come out of details that are usually assumed insignifigant (Once I wrote a three page paper on six words out of a short story. That, uh, that didn't turn out quite as well as this, but uh... is... anecdotal ::shifty eyes::) You have, again, such a lovely attention to detail that it carries very well, Legolas and Aragorn contrast very well together. :d
wren2 chapter 1 . 12/22/2002
S'interesting bit of fiction for Legolas and Aragorn, but I understand it. You were defining all that made them different, and in that, defined all that drew them to the other.

I don't know. I liked the piece, it was very intriguing. Never saw much in shoulders before this.
vk.tatsue8 chapter 1 . 12/22/2002