Reviews for Of Secret Vices
Drosera chapter 18 . 6/7/2014
Thank you so much! Thiswas an excellent story - quite well-written, and I enjoyed it very miuch.)
Princess Emarelda chapter 18 . 8/11/2013
Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! I loved the mystery and Severus and Hermione. Very creative! Could you do a sequel with this new mystery dinner event they are attending? Maybe with some of the previous guests returning as well?
imcrazy4fiction chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Really enjoyed this story, a very different yet still realistic twist on Sev/Mione
christev chapter 18 . 3/10/2013
Here via the rec from the SSHG Quiz on Live Journal. This was a really fun story - I enjoyed both the romance aspect and the mystery weekend. The 'aha' moment Hermione had, where she was then trying to determine if it could be Snape with just a few cosmetic changes was really well done! I laughed when she was called a know-it-all, and thought Severus would get it then. :D
Guest chapter 6 . 2/8/2013
During a breakfast of smoked haddock poached in milk and butter, Mr. McAdoo delivered the news that there was this morning one less of them. "I regret to inform you all that we lost a guest last night to an act most foul. Hotel services reported finding Mr. Claymore strangled dead in his room."

thats part of the game right? also thats unfair as that means Mr. Claymore is out of the game now? does he go home now?
what is a The sleuths?
hermionefan29 chapter 5 . 2/8/2013
how do they now from the pics that they are anyone thats there in the game? when these people Ms. Steven and etc are not real people!
hermionefan29 chapter 5 . 2/8/2013
why isnt Mr. Wright (Severus) and Ms. Steven (hermione) together in the room and in the same group of people?

Hermione lost track of the others as she concentrated on finding her way to the room assigned to her. She had been one of the first to leave the rooftop along with Mr. Ironside, Mr. Wright and Mr. Claymore descending down the broad stairs to the second level. She passed a storeroom on her right and the Blue Room on her left. She kept on straight down the long hallway passing another set of stairs leading down into the first floor. She passed a closed door labeled Study on her right opposite from the library.

She went down a few more meters and reached her destination - the Chevy Chase room. She took stock of the room. The initial tour had been a rushed affair and now she itched to explore. Her eyes traveled from the beamed ceiling and the heraldic pennants hanging from them to the long narrow trestle table in the center of the room. Benches lined each side of the table. She came to note several pieces of paper lying on the table. As usual, she gave in to her innate curiosity.

As Ms. Stevens' gracious form got further and further away from them, both Mr. Wright and Mr. Ironside arrived at the study at nearly the same time. The two men had fairly raced each other from the roof terrace. They had not run but they had not walked either. Each eyed the other along the way waiting for the other man to veer off and head in a different direction but both were sorely disappointed. They stood facing each other in front of the closed door to the Study.

"After you, Mr. Wright." Said Mr. Ironside.

"No, no, after you. You did get here first." Said Mr. Wright.

"Just by a whisker surely." Said Mr. Ironside.

"I insist." Said Mr. Wright.
hermionefan29 chapter 2 . 2/7/2013
She took her tea and biscuits to the balcony. Her eyes followed a solitary figure walking on the beach but her mind was on the likely culprits on the list.

Based on her many years of reading mystery novels, her most likely list included the secretary, the accountant and the barrister. Invariably, she reasoned, the guilty parties always knew where all the secrets were buried or had something to hide. A secretary, an accountant and a barrister would be privy to all kinds of information. The less scrupulous would be prone to blackmail or extortion. She'd have to be very observant at the luncheon putting names to faces but still stay in character.

How did she not know that she was culty she could? They don't know yet nor even the guilty ones know yet

Unlike you I have done a murderer mystery beforw so I know how it works!
hermionefan29 chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
How couldnt Severus and Hermione not recognize each other?
Magorescent chapter 18 . 1/8/2012
Wow, really. I never expected it would be such a great story! I started reading just out of pure boredom and my expectations were very low. I finished it now and I have to apologise for such low thinking! It's awesome! I was enjoying not just their relationship, but the whole mystery thing too. It took me back to my childhood days when I was reading "Three investigators", always trying to pick up some clues and then either the moment where I was proud of myself or maybe even better moment of surprise. Oh, those nostalgic memories!*grin* Anyway, I love your story. Great idea and skillfully written.:)
Kynie chapter 18 . 6/6/2011
I like this ending !

thanks for the story
Kynie chapter 17 . 6/6/2011
At this point I think Severus is an idiot in the way he treats his relationship with Hermione.

And I think Hermione has no right to want to end things with a man just because he's a muggle. That's not fair.

I like the story nonetheless
Empressdescieux chapter 18 . 4/20/2011
I loved it! I really enjoyed the reveals and how well thought out the details of the events were.

~L~
chyaraskiss chapter 18 . 3/14/2011
I don't know if you still write fic. Or whether you still check your account.

I utterly adored this story. I've not read anything quite like it before.