Reviews for Settle the Score
Jellybean06 chapter 41 . 1/23/2011
I feel my heart break for Inuyasha...all the cruelties he's had to endure. First with his mother, and then just having his faith in humanity/youkai slowly destroyed one person at a time.

I'm curious to see how this progresses, though.

Update soon? Maybe?
BicolourRaptor chapter 41 . 1/6/2011
good chapter cant wait for the next one
petpeeves12 chapter 41 . 1/6/2011
Soo episodic for the past... It sounds like you can turn lil inu's past into a whole different story in itself
Sango-maru chapter 40 . 1/5/2011
Ooookay...

So I read chapter 41 [right after I got the story alert sometime around 11 this morning] but haven't had the opportunity to review until now. Howerver... it's not here anymore. Why? TT

Anyways - I've been following this fic since it's conception, and I'm always super excited for your infrequent updates because, truthfully, you're one of the only authors I've ever known to keep the plot original and characters IC. I started rereading the first couple chapters again to compare your writing style over the years. So, ah... question:

*Back in chapter 4 [and probably about 8 years ago, lol] you brought the concept of "werewolves" into the plot - with Inuyasha acting very suspicious about it - then let it drop within the next chapter or so. I suppose I'm just wondering how/if? that still ties in with the plot as of more recently. I understand how plans change as you write and learn more about your own writing, but I'm secretly totally hoping you bring that back into play because hello, werewolf!Inuyasha would be extremely awesome. [Although werewolf!random-side-chara would be interesting too, so long as the suspicious!Inuyasha bit is explained to some extent.]

*cough*

Yeahh...

I'm going to let you get back to doing your thing now, but I do hope you take my question into some consideration! *bows*

Update as soon as you are able to, 'kay? ]]

-kyokichii
XamemegamiX chapter 41 . 1/5/2011
OMG! I love this story so much! I really love how you incorporate reasons why the Inuyasha we know is how he is with things from his past! Especially the whole "no sleep during the new moon" part! So clever! You are amazing! I cannot wait!
lexbirdy chapter 40 . 12/8/2010
This is the best story I've ever read! PLEASE CONTINUE! I would hate for such a great story to have a bad ending!
Shippo's Ramen chapter 4 . 12/3/2010
Sorry, I'm just to lazy to log in. But I find it hilarious that it was a Magpie demon. After all, they do like shiny things! (Snickers) Shippo Out!
XamemegamiX chapter 40 . 11/29/2010
Oh no! You haven't updated for a few months! I just stumbled upon this story recently and I have done NOTHING but read it. I put off studying and even sleeping just to read it! It is by far the most thought out and interesting story that I have come across! I am very disappointed that it seemingly ends here. I hope you are just busy and are still working on a chapter. If you aren't, then I am literally begging you to continue! Don't leave me hanging!

You are a fabulous writer! I love your portrayal of everyone, even though it is a bit harsh sometimes. It makes it seem more than just a simple fairytale, and makes it seem closer to real life. I LOVE THIS STORY!

Please, please, PLEASE continue?
ChevalierMalFet chapter 40 . 10/27/2010
This is the only Fanfiction I continue to read. The characterization isn't always perfect, but it is good enough, and works with the background you've created. I, as always, am most interested in Inuyasha, so I'll be happy when he wakes up. Hopefully, you'll continue with your presentation of IY as the previous chapters...a deeper brooding Inuyasha is best. I always leaned towards dark when writing Inuyasha, and I think it just makes the most sense for his character. I hope that the tension between kagome and IY doesn't draw out too long, mostly because I am anxious to find out how it ends. Keep going and I look forward to future chapters. (this was too hard to write on a phone...)
BicolourRaptor chapter 40 . 10/20/2010
good chapter cant wait for the next a side not i cant stand kagome she to bitchy and controling i think inuyasha should just go with his sister and live in peace.
Mena chapter 3 . 8/23/2010
..not really remembering something is alright, especially considering his age. But giving Inuyasha amnesia?

There really is too much telling and not enough showing.

Meh, the amnesia and endless inner monologues are deal breakers for me. Amnesia can work, but only if you focus on the one character and his quest to regain his memory. That or a character that is relatively minor and the amnesia is a way to keep him with the party even though he seems like an odd man out.

You've written quite a bit more, and have at least a small following so you're probably doing something better further on.
Mena chapter 2 . 8/22/2010
..I always manage to forget how popular it was to respond to reviews before and/or after the chapter proper back then. It just clutters up the chapter so hopefully it's not a thing that you still do. Also something you stopped doing before too long.. though considering you went through the first chapter again after two years I don't know how many chapters will have these in them.

Anyway, characterisation is too general. Miroku wielding a sword, especially without knowing how to use it and not even eating meat, is just too out of character. But I suppose the party's general indifference to Inuyasha killing a couple of strangers in the woods is just as bad. Also wouldn't Sango have a blade that can cut youkai? She's a demon hunter and it's her back-up weapon..

I really don't see the point of the swords. At all. The only thing would be if somewhere further into the story they meet a group where the swords are standard equipment. Or something similar.

You've probably already picked it up by now, but I think it's worth mentioning. Subtle and character driven stories are usually the best. Your first two chapters give the impression of a blunt and plot driven story. The second is not necessarily bad, only you really need to have clear characters for it to work. Meaning that even if there are some out of character elements the character don't feel generic.

I'm still interested. So while it's a rough story it's not a failure. (I'll be crossing my fingers and hope a "yet" isn't in there just after "failure".)
Mena chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Really good start. I little bit awkward but not enough to really ruin the story. It's just really obvious that this is not a professional story.

Should be interesting to where you're taking things.
Novela13 chapter 40 . 8/19/2010
I'm half-dead right now, but I just wanted to say that I love this story, I don't really like Haruka right now, but oh well, I guess I'll get used to her, I like how long you've been working on this story, I don't know why, I just do. Anyways, it is 2 AM, I need to go to bed, so that is why this is such a brief review, good story, and yeah, and thats pretty much it.
GeshronTyler chapter 40 . 8/19/2010
Interesting POV change. The reaction to Kagome is amusing. Haruka does have a point... Kagome still hasn't had the time to really think things through clearly, after all that's happened. I wouldn't be surprised if Kagome takes off Inuyasha's rosary soon, it may well be the only way to start reconcilliation. So, those rosaries can probably only be released by Isobe's death? He's a thoroughly loathsome character, anyway. I would think that killing a relative of a taiyoukai wouldn't keep Isobe safe, come to think of it. Depending on the type of youkai, anyway.

Thanks, read you next time.
933 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »