Reviews for Settle the Score
BicolourRaptor chapter 40 . 10/20/2010
good chapter cant wait for the next a side not i cant stand kagome she to bitchy and controling i think inuyasha should just go with his sister and live in peace.
Mena chapter 3 . 8/23/2010
..not really remembering something is alright, especially considering his age. But giving Inuyasha amnesia?

There really is too much telling and not enough showing.

Meh, the amnesia and endless inner monologues are deal breakers for me. Amnesia can work, but only if you focus on the one character and his quest to regain his memory. That or a character that is relatively minor and the amnesia is a way to keep him with the party even though he seems like an odd man out.

You've written quite a bit more, and have at least a small following so you're probably doing something better further on.
Mena chapter 2 . 8/22/2010
..I always manage to forget how popular it was to respond to reviews before and/or after the chapter proper back then. It just clutters up the chapter so hopefully it's not a thing that you still do. Also something you stopped doing before too long.. though considering you went through the first chapter again after two years I don't know how many chapters will have these in them.

Anyway, characterisation is too general. Miroku wielding a sword, especially without knowing how to use it and not even eating meat, is just too out of character. But I suppose the party's general indifference to Inuyasha killing a couple of strangers in the woods is just as bad. Also wouldn't Sango have a blade that can cut youkai? She's a demon hunter and it's her back-up weapon..

I really don't see the point of the swords. At all. The only thing would be if somewhere further into the story they meet a group where the swords are standard equipment. Or something similar.

You've probably already picked it up by now, but I think it's worth mentioning. Subtle and character driven stories are usually the best. Your first two chapters give the impression of a blunt and plot driven story. The second is not necessarily bad, only you really need to have clear characters for it to work. Meaning that even if there are some out of character elements the character don't feel generic.

I'm still interested. So while it's a rough story it's not a failure. (I'll be crossing my fingers and hope a "yet" isn't in there just after "failure".)
Mena chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Really good start. I little bit awkward but not enough to really ruin the story. It's just really obvious that this is not a professional story.

Should be interesting to where you're taking things.
Novela13 chapter 40 . 8/19/2010
I'm half-dead right now, but I just wanted to say that I love this story, I don't really like Haruka right now, but oh well, I guess I'll get used to her, I like how long you've been working on this story, I don't know why, I just do. Anyways, it is 2 AM, I need to go to bed, so that is why this is such a brief review, good story, and yeah, and thats pretty much it.
GeshronTyler chapter 40 . 8/19/2010
Interesting POV change. The reaction to Kagome is amusing. Haruka does have a point... Kagome still hasn't had the time to really think things through clearly, after all that's happened. I wouldn't be surprised if Kagome takes off Inuyasha's rosary soon, it may well be the only way to start reconcilliation. So, those rosaries can probably only be released by Isobe's death? He's a thoroughly loathsome character, anyway. I would think that killing a relative of a taiyoukai wouldn't keep Isobe safe, come to think of it. Depending on the type of youkai, anyway.

Thanks, read you next time.
Alviniju chapter 5 . 8/15/2010
This is an exellent story but...um, you have your assessments slightly off, here are the most averagely used ones.

san: It basically means Mr. or Mrs. You use it for either gender. (Mr./Mrs. Saitoh Saitoh-san)

chan: Use this for children, particularly little girls. You could get away with using it for girls who are younger than you or maybe the same age. (Mari-chan)

kun: Use this with little kids, particularly little boys. Same as -

chan. (Taka-kun)

sensei: Teacher. You use this for any kind of teacher or instructor. (Aoki-sensei)

sama: This is a very formal title and not used that often. It's reserved for very important people. In Japanese, the word for god is "Kamisam
Jordan chapter 40 . 8/14/2010
I have been following this story since 2002, so i get soo excited when a new chapter comes out! Even if it is months inbetween :)

I think the story is absolutely great, and i am really looking forward to when inuyasha is finally awake and in the story again!
ImayHaveaName chapter 40 . 8/13/2010
You never cease to amaze and entertain, thats for sure. I consistantly find myself reading this story over and over again, it is one of the few fictions i can find on this website that actually show a deeper part of inuyasha (or at least, a part that isn't "misunderstood and scared")

While not the first fiction centering on inuyasha's past it is, in my humble opinion, the best. You keep an impressive level on the OCCness to the point where it is barely (if at all) noticable. Your backstory, phenomenal, your cliffhangers, tortorous, the fact that you manage to REALLY show why the rosary is so stupid...brings me endless enjoyment.

Keep up the great work
Jellybean06 chapter 40 . 8/8/2010
God, the one thing that's always bothered me is thing about the rosary and the way Kagome holds so much power over Inuyasha. I really like the way you focus on it in this story and how unfair it really is.

So Inuyasha's past becomes a little clearer but still such a mystery...

I hope to see another update soon!
petpeeves12 chapter 40 . 8/3/2010
wow. So KAg has a crazy nightmare and then gets some insight on inu. :) There still is a big mystery surrounding him that's for sure
nased0 chapter 40 . 8/2/2010
Interesting dialogue about these subduing rosaries.

But Kagome can't remove this collar, because it's her last line of defense in case of Inuyasha's youkai transformation.

Let's face the fact - Inuyasha has something akin to a split personality disorder, or maybe he is a host to a dangerous magical lifeform that takes control over his body in case of a grave danger.

But Kagome uses this rosary frivolously. She prefers to make decisions by herself, ignoring Inuyasha's feelings and distrusting his situational awareness, routinely humiliating and hurting him.
a random critic chapter 11 . 7/19/2010
ummm... i thought inuyasha's mother was named izaiyoi... watch the inuyasha movie 3.
Danton chapter 39 . 7/17/2010
Yeah!

Yes, I have a habit, to review 1 one before the updating (don't know why is my sense of time like this) :D

Sorry, because I'm just writing the review now, but in the real world I was having a lot of work, and I don't have much time to read fanfictions.

This chapters are awesome! I almost believed that you will kill Kagome (after Kirara, who knows?), I just can't sit on my chair, I was soooooo nervous. Isobe is a really manipulator. I'm getting curious is he having some power (he is much-much older than he looks out, and when he was speaking I guessed he is "bespelling" the crow). I hope we will know more about him, because there are some of questions :)

And I hope too that Inuyasha will finally wake up :D He is my favorite character and you are writing his personality fantastic! I know the last some chapter happened just during one night, but I fell it lot more (like in the movies, when the time is sloving) :) I can't even say where are we in the story line (in the middle, or the ending?). How big is this story in your head? :D

Oh, and I saw that this fanfiction is again nominated in Inuyasha Fan Guild in the best drama cathegory! I hope you will win. I read the other nominations as well, and your work appeal to me the best. Good Luck!
Jellybean06 chapter 39 . 6/21/2010
And things get more screwed up. What's with all these rosaries? And Isobe is truly insane, it seems.

I hope things will clear up soon!
939 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »