Reviews for File: Sherlock
aniseed flower chapter 1 . 1/6
Ungh! Sherlock! Love me some shirly! Thank you uber much! (Im much more awake now. I ate my dinner. Finger is burning less now too. Yippee. Rofl.)
Shelly chapter 1 . 1/2
Hope you add to this series to. Oh and could you bring in Mrs. Watson, please?
TheSilverHunt3r chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
Lol, freaking love this story
Luck!
-Silver
Guest chapter 1 . 5/29/2016
This feels...incomplete
dorfchaosgenie chapter 1 . 1/9/2016
Just imagine the look on his face :D awesome
Rizarora chapter 1 . 1/7/2016
No butchering. Very amazing.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/14/2015
Cool!
HPMARIE chapter 1 . 7/22/2015
:) love it!
FateOfChaos chapter 1 . 7/20/2015
I can just imagine Sherlock trying to figure it out! Considering he got it wrong the first time, I imagine he would be in a real snit. This was wonderful to read! I'm off to read through more of your stories now!
Science Student chapter 1 . 7/13/2015
Eeeeeeee! I'm so happy!
As always I continue to read your stories and I now feel free to provide my thoughts ~~~ I'm happy you weren't offended!
TimeyWimeyBadWolf chapter 1 . 7/12/2015
Make it a two-shot? Please? It was really good.
Science Student chapter 1 . 7/12/2015
Hi! I really enjoyed this!

Just a little picky detail... You said Mycroft hasn't got a cleft chin and Alex does, making Alex not possibly Mycroft's son, as cleft chins are a dominant trait. The logic doesn't follow. Alex's mother could have a cleft chin (CS or CC) and Mycroft none (SS), making Alex have 75% chance of a cleft chin (CS) - there are two punnet squares for whether the mother is CS or CC. If cleft chins are X-linked and dominant, then Alex's mother would have solely determined his chance of having a cleft chin (Mycroft would donate the Y chromosome, which wouldn't have the chin-gene). If cleft chins are Y-linked and dominant, then it works as you've said - BUT that's really pushing the boundaries. Y-linked things are very, very rare.

Plus, this is all assuming cleft chins are linked to a single gene (they're not - and since they're not, you can't determine inheritance so easily and Sherlock couldn't make such a sweeping assumption - but I'll take this as fiction and assume cleft chins are easily determined by a single gene... Y-linked is too far-fetched, however). Even so, I think you should have some logic in Sherlock's statement, so instead of doing dominant cleft chins, you could have Mycroft having the dominant trait (AA or Aa), making the only chance Alex has of getting the recessive trait 6.25%. Now, isn't that much better?

One last thing - cleft chins is a bit weird to have genetically (because I can easily imagine an intermediate cleft-smooth chin). How about (and these are all just myths, as is the cleft chin-gene myth) handedness or the way they cross their arms? That would show more observation of details, as befits Sherlock, than just noticing cleft chins... Something like the way Alex fiddles with his jacket can show his handedness or something.

Because I really like your writing, Imma check back on this story regularly, just to see if you've followed my advice... No pressure ha ha...
Peek-a-bloody-boo chapter 1 . 7/10/2015
Oh, gosh. That was brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! _
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2015
It's so funny, I would love if you could write another one.
Batfan3 chapter 1 . 7/10/2015
I liked it! Alex is such a smarts