Reviews for Two Souls, One Family
ocean melodies chapter 4 . 2/26/2018
This was lovely. You have a way with words.
...if its not to much to ask, can we have one in Soul's perspective? There are so many stories on maka and her family problems that we forget that soul also had a rather troubled childhood. Not to mention how the sudden scythblood coming up. What was it like to suddenly have shark teeth in your mouth? Did he need therapy to learn how to talk again? Did he think his taste in music stemmed from his demon scyth blood? Did his parents? Were they scared of him? I think its implied that he comes from a wealthy family. They must have preformed all over the place and in some pretty high class places. Did soul also preform with them? Did he have a breakdown?
ocean melodies chapter 1 . 2/26/2018
A wrinkle in time
Tanima8 chapter 4 . 8/30/2015
Just. ..wow. this is wonderful. It feels so real and i love it. Good job. :)
Guest chapter 4 . 8/19/2015
Beautiful, though I wished there was more fluff. But I love how realistic it was
Become's one with the story chapter 4 . 8/8/2015
That was tooth ache sweet. But so spot on that it was right. I don't know but I loved it.

Later
Hope
Guest chapter 1 . 7/28/2015
This story is honestly so good.. fresh and cathartic. I love the way it progresses.
amy2may chapter 4 . 7/25/2015
This reminded me of the movie Boyhood. You constructed this beautifully and really captured everyone's character, along with amazing scenes outlining the struggles Maka experienced as a child. I actually cried a bit, for Maka as she handled the process of forgiveness and her own little family. I applaud you greatly.
redphlox chapter 4 . 7/21/2015
Okay, I really am teary-eyed. This was beautifully written, truly. Soul's influence on changing Maka's perception on family and trust is so powerful and true to canon that I want to scream. You did a fabulous job developing Soul's character - at the end, the newly found peace he has found with himself and his brother is evident and a joy to read. The "don't stop asking" line that Maka told Spirit made me shudder because it's so real and so Maka. She's hurt and it's going to take a lot of time to heal/understand, and it doesn't come easily, but she still loves her papa, and how you wrote it is breath taking. AND, the last scene... is just utter perfection. I'm blown away by your writing!
redphlox chapter 3 . 7/21/2015
This is tooth-decaying, sunburn-aching bittersweet. Blair definitely helps keep the atmosphere lighter (and maybe a little strained, but yeah) between those two dorks. It's evident, from their banter, how much they care for each other, so the last scene is super adorable because they're both trying to guard themselves, but also attempting to show their feelings. Ahhh.
redphlox chapter 2 . 7/21/2015
My heart is broken for Maka and her broken family. The scene between Maka and Spirit made me feel anger, and then I felt so, so, so hurt for Maka when her mama left. "She just hoped this challenge wouldn't leave her more broken than before" this line was perfect. This fic is beyond excellent.
redphlox chapter 1 . 7/21/2015
This is fantastic. It's written in a way that is concise but speaks volumes. It's almost haunting. I'm in love with how sweet and bold young Maka is, and how you portrayed her relationship with Spirit - she's such a daddy's girl, and it's both heart breaking and beautiful. The way you wrote Maka's yearning to see a green forest is absolutely wonderful and definitely gives the reader that same urgency - let's see some forests! I'm also enthralled with your play with the word "light", and Spirit and Maka's mother's interactions. Wow.
makapedia chapter 4 . 7/21/2015
! OKAY I FINALLY GOT AROUND TO READING THIS AND I'M SO GLAD I DID. Congrats on finishing reverb!

I love the way you write. It leaves such a lasting impression without overwriting anything and I really dig that style. It's so nice to read.

I have such a soft spot for tiny babi Maka pre-canon and ohhh nooo, watching her tiny heart break hurts me in the best ways. This fic warms me from the inside, aaaaaaa
candescentmoon chapter 4 . 7/16/2015
Lovely fic. It's wonderful. :)
candescentmoon chapter 3 . 7/16/2015