Reviews for Snowdrops and Bluebells
Guest chapter 2 . 22h
I never really thought about it, but Merry is EXACTLY what she needs- humor, good manners, a distraction from the here and now. I love that he made her mushrooms!
MuggleCreator chapter 12 . 6/20/2016
Beautiful. I especially loved the last image, of Eowyn (dressed so fine) and Faramir with Merry and Pippin.
aswf chapter 12 . 5/30/2016
The last two paragraphs are supremely beautiful; they absolutely killed me xD love the entire story to bits, thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 12 . 6/13/2015
What a wonderful story! Thank you!
DragonOwl chapter 12 . 9/22/2013
That was so so beautiful

I never thought about the depth of Merry and Eowyn's friendship before, but now I've read this it must have been like that

Amazing
inklover93 chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
this was phenomenal! I stayed up way later than I should have reading it! And now I'm gonna go to work exhausted and I don't even care! That was totally worth it! You did SUCH a good job. You stuck with the book so well and I know there were a few things that were off from the book but it fit so well with your story that I am perfectly ok with that. I have to favorite this because I know I am going to keep going back and reading it over and over again and I would be devastated if I couldn't find it again (which has happened before; I read A LOT of these).
Indygodusk chapter 12 . 12/21/2012
This was delightful. I loved seeing the friendship between Merry and Eowyn, and the romance bloom with Faramir. I was disappointed that you skipped over Eowyn and Faramir actually admitting their love for each other though. Good job with this and thank you.
FemaleSpock chapter 12 . 7/2/2012
Awww, this fic is so lovely and sweet. I love the way that you characterise Eowyn- it feels very true to the books.
Bishieluver01 chapter 12 . 1/17/2012
A very beautiful and fitting end to a great story - fantastic!
Fawn chapter 12 . 8/10/2011
This is an AWESOME story. I really like it, seeing Eowyn's heart heal, and Merry's friendship with her bloom. Wonderful. It is perfect for the characters, and fits Tolkien's world very well.

Well written. Good read.
Deranged Reviewer chapter 12 . 7/25/2011
Hello there! I remember reading this story probably 7 or 8 years ago and am now re-reading it. I just want to tell you that you have a wonderful penmanship for detail and characterization. I absolutely love your take on Eowyn. There are very few authors in fanfiction that really delve into her character (and get it remotely correct) and I believe that you are one of them. The way that Eowyn finally reconciles her future with her past after the fair was truly well thought out.

I would also like to comment on your characterization of Meriadoc Brandybuck. I think the charm of this particular fanfiction is the relationship between Merry and Eowyn. I'm glad that you put Merry and Eowyn as the two main characters of this particular fic and not solely made it an Eowyn/Faramir fic. The romance certainly was there but I love how you firstly focused the story on the hobbit and the White Lady's friendship. Your depiction of Merry is one of my favorites in fanfiction. You have captured him so well that I think Tolkien would be clapping. He has a both childish charm, yet very wise and perceptive. He is a joker but he is able to also to worry, mourn and knows when to keep quiet. Bravo.

I was looking for a Faramir/Eowyn fic and I did get that, but also much more. I pray that you never stop writing!
Gyreflight chapter 12 . 12/29/2009
This story (and its companion) are among my favourite Eowyn fics, not least because I love the strength of her bond with Merry, the give-and-take of their friendship, and the perspective it gives on the delicate dance between Faramir and she. Your Eowyn is a very sympathetic mix of strength, vulnerability and simple ‘reality’, eminently believable, and entirely human.

Merry – I really like your Merry :-) Earthy common sense, emotional maturity, surprising perceptiveness, and the endearing hobbit habit of recognising that need of a friend is no cause for shame.

It fits beautifully into the blank spaces in the original story, and adds to my perception of the familiar characters without ever detracting from (or simply revising) their original incarnations.

It was a pleasure to read – thank you.

~Gyre
LadyoftheShield chapter 12 . 2/16/2009
OH VALAR! This is one of the best stories EVER! I love it! It is beautiful.

Though I would like to see a segemnt on Theoden's funeral in tis, but who cares, it's wonderful!
CalliopeMused chapter 12 . 1/4/2009
Wonderful story! The details (the flowers, the gifts, the fair...) all fit directly within Tolkien's world, and flesh out one of the rare romances in the work. (Aragorn and Arwen, Sam and Rosie (briefly), Eowyn and Faramir... I think that's it.) The language, imagery, and characters are like something straight out of the books.
xxbeni.music.soul chapter 12 . 6/12/2008
Really... this was soo increadibly awesome 3 You are such an talented writter, really, this is oo cool *o*

Gabs.