Reviews for Snowdrops and Bluebells
SongbirdGK chapter 8 . 3/21/2008
O! Hairpin knives - brilliant. Is that an idea you got from somewhere in particular (it sounds Asian to me...with apologies to anyone from that part of the world for the ambiguity) or came up with yourself?

You have a wonderful way of balancing Eowyn's internal dialogue, thoughts, and feelings with the actions and people around her. It's a very full way of writing, if you know what I mean - it sort of draws the reader in until you feel like you're standing there looking through Eowyn's eyes.
SongbirdGK chapter 7 . 3/21/2008
Who! *punches the air* You've brought the tale back around to the "wide grin" phase. Oh, I wish I could see that sword. It sounds absolutely stunning. I think one of my favorite moments in this chapter was Eowyn being so careful about not appearing "girly". Having Merry distract Faramir with a fritter (or perhaps she was simply taking advantage of the moment) to look at the perfumes.

Of course, that is not to forget that incredibly intense moment between Merry and Eowyn. Well played out, I say!
SongbirdGK chapter 6 . 3/21/2008
Merry, you saucy scoundrel! That was brilliant. I admit to blushing a bit there... mm. Alcohol can make for some interesting plotlines all by itself, no? Anyhow - good show, once again. I'll admit to being a bit thrown off by the Frodo and Pearl bit, although it doesn't sound quite so far-fetched for him to have had a few interests in his youth. ;) ...on the other hand, I do think that Meriadoc was rather exaggerating, or at least making it sound far worse than it actually was. And my, now I'm all curious about Pippin's thoughts concerning a particular hobbit lass by the name of Diamond.
SongbirdGK chapter 5 . 3/21/2008
I'm...a bit blown away at this point. Quite powerful. Very powerful. Gah, I think I might cry, which would be rather embarrassing given my present Real World company.

I love that you're writing a portion of the story that is practically nonexistant to the grand scheme of things (and therefore not in the book) and yet so very important and changing in the lives of the characters as individuals. As I may have said before, you've done a beautiful job.
SongbirdGK chapter 3 . 3/21/2008
Wow. Brilliant chapter, but I'm left with little to say. This is a side of Eowyn I've never really thought about.
SongbirdGK chapter 2 . 3/21/2008
"irredeemably roly-poly", "depraved gusto"... I love your language! Or the use of it, rather. And you seem to have captured the essence of Merry so well! This was a beautiful chapter in the sense that it was very colourful. I almost felt like I myself was going to nod off thinking about the Shire. Certainly not an unpleasant thought, that. Hm. Also, a thought just occurred to me regarding the previous chapter. The "guard's son" mentioned couldn't possibly be Bergil, could it? ;)

...Yum. Cherry duck.
SongbirdGK chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
You have no idea how widely I am smiling at this moment. I believe my face shall split apart at the ears if I cannot find respite from the utter thrill I'm getting out of this story. And I hope that you are suitably complimented, as you should be. You deserve it. And now, on the next chapter where there promises to be a great deal more of our beloved hobbit!
Drache3 chapter 12 . 12/13/2007
This was, truly, one of the best written fics I've ever had the pleasure of reading. From characterization to dialogue, you managed to capture everything with aplomb.

Well done!
GOGreen13 chapter 12 . 11/8/2007
This a favorite of mine!
GOGreen13 chapter 7 . 11/8/2007
They really are a little family(You know who I'm talking about)!

Touching and funny as usual.
GOGreen13 chapter 5 . 11/8/2007
So seem to unveil the hidden Eowyn: the motherly gentle woman underneath the armor.
Duck Goddess chapter 12 . 11/4/2006
I absolutely love this story! I'm a new Eowyn/Faramir fan; I have always loved them but I have never read any fanfics about them. I found this on Emyn Arnen and I am very glad I read this story, it's one of my favourites so far! Eowyn and Merry are adorable and they clearly show a love as deep as any romantic kind of love. I'm so glad Eowyn calls him her little brother because that is exactly what he is, even if they are not related by blood. I love the hobbits in this story (who wouldn't?) and I was filled with sorrow when Merry had to leave. And Faramir is perfect as well. Well done!
trecebo chapter 12 . 5/31/2006
Awesomely done! And in first person! Double wow. This story was so moving in how you brought her from ice to fire. The path was slow, much like water searches for the path of least resistance. Her resistance was met with great thought and then like a dam, broken with pure love in a relationship of brother/sisterhood.

You voiced it so eloquently that I wish all were done so well.

This was on a recommended fic list which I use and was definitely worth every minute.
LOTRlover1066 chapter 12 . 1/14/2006
Very good. You DO realize that "trothplighting" refers to betrothal and not wedding?
LOTRlover1066 chapter 3 . 6/7/2005
I loved it. Please write more.
183 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »