Reviews for Party Like It's 1986
Haru Maru Stark Salvatore chapter 6 . 3/4/2016
Wow I love good for lindsey jaja daom awesome jake and elle i like it :-) i want more :-) good work :-)
delenalu chapter 6 . 10/27/2015
Slepping with Damon is like sleeping with a kutzu vine... This image cheers me and equally touches me, because it does more than suggest the instinct of cold blooded creatures to approach the heat sources; in fact, this image symbolizes perfectly his need for love and affection!

Their morning lovemaking is peerless... is something romantic and deep, is a form of communication to a high level.

The future is promising for Lindsey and Damon - and here is (finally!) a version of Damon that doesn't suffer continuously, which is allowed to breathe and be happy!

And I liked very much the end, not falling into the trap of the stereotype! Without promises of forever. Without the usual turnaround that allows them, despite the logic of the plot, to have a child which fulfills their love and saves their souls through his innocence. Without excessive sentimentality. Just pure love and mutual plans, which don't exclude their individual dreams (she wants to finish her book - perhaps she will end it in the promised sequel?). And their extrasensory communication touches me more than I can express in words!
delenalu chapter 5 . 10/27/2015
Damon enjoys - his ironic and malicious side couldn't not exult - when he imagines the scene in the ladies room! Actually I enjoy, me too, though I'm not a vampire and, as human, it's supposed that I am fundamentally good (let's be stereotypical today!). :)

In counterweight to the relationship evidently deeper between Lindsey and Damon, the sudden consonance between Elle and Jakob probably relies less on physical attraction, but on the fact that they have recognized one another as equal in intellectual terms. The subtle message of these two bonds seems to be that, despite the appearances, the high spirits can pass the barrier of physical perfection.
delenalu chapter 4 . 10/26/2015
This party reminds me a number of things that maybe are somehow obvious, but we tend to forget them, despite their importance:
- At least once in a while we need to make us beautiful, or at least make us feel beautiful, at least once in a while we need to ENJOY;
- Some people never change and that's sad; but good and truth always prevail and that's cheerful;
- The inner beauty, the kindness, the generosity radiate outside (and I'm happy that Lindsey is finally at peace with herself and loves herself: "Lindsey surveyed her reflection in the mirror. She was pleased").

Beyond these postulates, I enjoyed Lindsey's victory over years; her "bad", but non-destructive side; her quasi-innocent revenge (I like that, after all, her ultimate revenge is the Truth!); how the relationship between Jake and Ella is evolving... and I don't even have to say that the relationship between Damon Lindsey makes me as happy as I were in Lindsey's place... :)
delenalu chapter 3 . 10/26/2015
I was impressed by the balance between the action side and the emotional side. Because in this chapter we receive exactly the variety of topics that everyone would like to find in a chapter:
- a repetitive nightmare generated by some emotional trauma from high school;
- a harsh memory related to a Valentine's Day spent in sadness and loneliness;
- some information about Damon, about Lindsey and about their relationship (revealed during some discussions between Lindsey and Elle or between Damon and Elle);
- a plan to pair Elle with a certain vampire, blond and tall;
- for Lindsey, a successful appearance on the picnic and, on the other hand, jealousy, envy and lustful or malicious comments about Damon (revenge can begin, if it has not already started);
- a semi-ironic promise made by Lindsey to stiffen in time and to not grow old anymore.
delenalu chapter 2 . 10/25/2015
1. The female main character, Lindsey, is phenomenal, she keeps her independence and the free thinking, in spite of being his wife and his mate.

2. The male main character is even more complex, he has really multiple facets: Damon the grumpy and unsociable, Damon the wise, knowing when to give up, Damon the creative, Damon the lonely that adapts to the life in two, Damon the cynical, Damon the cuddler, Damon the lover...

3. I continue to be fascinated by their extrasensory connection ... and by the intuitive manner in which they communicate.

4. An additional striking finding about the magical atmosphere of the story: inside this convention of the supernatural existence, I'm impressed by the natural and easy way that an outsider as Elle accepts the idea of the existence of vampires.

5. Another subject of meditation: the opposition good / bad is not based on a simplistic dissociation between humans and vampires, but goes further!
delenalu chapter 1 . 10/23/2015
1. The flashback makes a connection with the reference period of the past, the common element being Lindsey's beautiful mind. Then, as now, she face the problem, not avoids it, she identifies the hidden motives of human behavior, she has the courage to tell some uncomfortable truths... in order to prevent her disappointments.

2. In my mind is looming the idea that the teenager Lindsey had a sad life in hight school - and that reunion after 30 years, where she appears as a fulfilled woman, married to the most handsome man, is her perfect revenge!

3. A little something: Damon feels, by their symbiotic connection, her mood! So romantic!
mommy4thomas chapter 6 . 10/22/2015
This was a fun story to read! I really enjoyed it! It really does make a nice companion piece to the other Lindsey/Damon story you have. Looking forward to see what you have in store for the sequel!
sarag chapter 6 . 10/2/2015
I loved this story and ordinary loneliness. great storyline and plot with the perfect amount of smut ;) please post the next story soon! can't wait for it. :D
pattileozitkushotmail.com chapter 6 . 8/9/2015
*swoon* Elle and Jake make me happy. I love the tender Damon and Lindsey, they are so good together. I really enjoyed this. As I've told you, Lindsey is just a bit younger than me so I truly identify with her. Age and also some of her personal struggles. I just love that she gets the guy. I also love that while she wants Damon to be the best he can be she doesn't want him change. that a vampires nature is and she understands that there may well be circumstances that cAll for killing in her new altered reality. So looking forward to your sequel to O.L.
jairem chapter 6 . 8/9/2015
Your Damon OC stories are the only ones I read. And you know that is a big deal for me. Because you manage to take my mind of DE and totally focus on other pairing. It must be the writing and story you tell. I really like the idea of Jake and Elle. Hope you will go back to The real thing soon too.
pattileozitkushotmail.com chapter 5 . 8/5/2015
My Dear, once again you have delivered. There is something to be said for kind and gentle Damon.
I like how you 'satisfy' Damon's predatory needs : )
You have left so much open for new stories in your future with this story and these characters. Hoping you have time to create them.
Looking forward to more from you. 3
jairem chapter 5 . 8/3/2015
Totally fun plot. I will take Jake too. And he is a first date biter indeed. I wonder how Elle will feel without him. Or are they going to stick around each other? I can you now go back to your " normal " ?
There is something about mature people being intimate and relaxed. And of course enjoyed the couple's fun at the end.
pattileozitkushotmail.com chapter 4 . 7/30/2015
YES PLEASE on the Jakob and Elle! So good. Love how you did the revenge. I know you only wanted this to be short but I love these touch-screen and I am certain you can build other stories around them. As happy as you have Damon and I am glad to see a happy BUT NOT emasculated Damon he still has demons that he may need through with the love of his life. And Lindsey has potential to her nature. And Jakob and Ell - will their relationship grow? Will SHE turn? As long as you write I will read :)
jairem chapter 4 . 7/28/2015
Definitely would like to see some fun with Jake and Elle. Seems the she devil was punished at last. I find it pathetic for people to remain frozen teenagers or keep the same traits from high school. She obviously never matured. Surprised she has such a career. Though who know how she paved her way.
I'm also surprised that Lindsey chose this route. I would expect her to just look down on her. But I suppose this was at least fun. I would suspect the jealous ladies to assume or believe that Damon was just an escort.