Reviews for Convergence
Natzo chapter 1 . 6/20/2016
I guess Earth could to back to the space program to earn Orbital superiority. Spaceships and orbital bombardment, something

Obviously, you can't change it at this point for all tech, but from what I understood, Dust is less efficient than fuel for breaking atmosphere as shown in the World of Remnant. They also lack satellites and GPS without their towers... I would remind you that both trying to hack each other's system would probably won't work due to the incompatible tech.

Anyways, I hope for a Terran victory :P, since Remnant is the one bringing in the trouble. Still would like to see an explanation for the lack of aura. Hopefully is not just a handwave.
Guest chapter 25 . 6/17/2016
Hey, do you think Man of Steel theme song fits the ending of RWBY: Convergence or do you prefer The Avengers theme song because that will awesome and show what events that will be unfold.
Guest chapter 25 . 6/17/2016
What a goddamn mess.
Also bomb both.
DarkFlameOfSouls chapter 24 . 6/17/2016
Well luckily they don't open a portal into ISIS territory since boy that would end badly for peaceful co-existence since im pretty sure the remnans would not like people going all Allah Akbar BOOM! on them and ISIS death squads running around there street shooting everyone in sight and with remnans not knowing about our history and background yet would assume that were religious fanatics that are attacking them.
Smithrooks chapter 25 . 6/19/2016
Whew, the countries haven't gone to war! (yet...)

It's clear to see that this peace is mostly out of wariness, as neither side knows the true capabilities of the other. The most important thing at the moment is securing the portals; if ISIS went through the Syria portal, really bad things could happen.

Looks like the end is near. Looking forward to the concluding chapters, and also the slice-of-life interquel as well as the sequel!
Firehawk242 chapter 25 . 6/18/2016
A few interesting things here.

I've always been of the belief that Remnant has better applied science than Earth, but a much weaker understanding of theory. Their tech is mostly better, but they obviously don't get aerodynamics and it's very likely they don't get conservation of energy either given how Grimm, Aura, and Dust all violate it. All in all, Remnan tech is probably more effective, but Terran tech is more efficient.

Also, Grimm on Earth. Depending on exactly how Grimm work, that could be moderately bad (if they're stronger in Remnant than on Earth), very bad (if there's no change in strength), or human extinction levels of bad (the worst case plausible scenario I can come up with has Grimm being two hundred times stronger on Earth than on Remnant). I look forward to seeing how you handle that.
Herofire chapter 25 . 6/18/2016
Not going to lie, I wish their was a little more RWBY in this. Not that I mind the politics, far from it, you just did a very good job with their reactions to all this crazy stuff.
Still, fantastic story. Feels like everyone's waiting for the other shoe to drop, in a good way.
XavenCain chapter 25 . 6/18/2016
Wonderful Chapter! I am very much looking forward to when the Queen realizes that her "perfect" portal is literally open to the one country that has the most nuclear weapons of the entire globe.

I have two questions to ask: First, do you plan to include Salem at some point in the story? In my head she might be an "instigator" of the alternate world search either so she can put more Grimm in other worlds or because Salem herself is from another world (not Earth, but a separate Grimm world) and is trying to get back home.

Also, do you plan to have the Earthians knowing about what happens in Season 3? I figure that with the public knowledge that Remnant exists, either Roosterteeth gave all relevant info to the government or have received a subpoena to hand over the same information (and that is simply following legal contacts). As such, the information about season 3 (which has enough ramifications that if it is known, most politicians on both sides would try very hard to confirm the truth about almost everything implied) would be a real game changer politically
DinoGuy2000 chapter 25 . 6/18/2016
Hmm. Everything seems to be setting on a blade's edge right now. At least those at Beacon are aware that the Atlesian Queen would be the likely culprit behind more portals, and aggression through them. Sadly, they might not have time to gather the information they desire, if these portals and the presence of troops is any indication. Ugh. The portal in Donetsk could prove to be devastating. Really hoping the warhawks don't take control of the situation. I hope RWBY gets some time to recuperate before anything decides to destabilize. That meeting in D.C. is pretty interesting. I hope it isn't a trap of some sort. I REALLY hope I don't see the word Stalingrad in the future here. At least it's probable the Russians would negotiate down to the portal. Hopefully. Ooh, strategic weapons on standby. That's unsettling. I keep saying hopefully, but I see you have at least two more fics planned. that probably means something goes horribly wrong. I mean, it might not, but I'll be pessimistic here. Hey, why don't they give the Queen Syria? (Sarcasm) Anyway, awesome chapter. Good work!
CalligoMiles chapter 25 . 6/18/2016
The placement of those portals is quite convenient. All on the Northern Hemisphere and one in each major conflict zone. Not to mention that every kingdom got one as well.
The Paleblood Hunter chapter 25 . 6/17/2016
Author has anyone, especially among the spacebattles thread, suggested power armored supersoldiers as one of the suggestions for countering hunters? This idea is long term since i doubt a span of 20 years might be enough to produce one even if powerful governments like the U.S would collectively pour funds on the program. There might be working exoskeletons for military use in that span of time but they might not be effective in keeping up with them.

This is just a suggestion so you can ignore it if you want.

On the story, the Queen is making desperate choices that will only make the situation worse in the long run. Atleast some Remnans especially that Rook chick knows that starting a war with Earth is not the best course of action.

Keep this up good author.
5 Coloured Walker chapter 25 . 6/17/2016
That is true.

I like the question about whether they bomb ISIS or Grimm, be it first or at all. It comes across as both deadly serious and incredibly funny.

A great chapter, I'm liking the look of the hand basket, I'm sure Hell will look just as interesting if it occurs.
Thunderboom5 chapter 25 . 6/17/2016
Wait, about that conversation Ozpin and his circle had after the initial diplomatic meeting. Were the Remnants intending to invade Earth anyway before this whole fiasco happened, but now they're being forced to reconsider due to recent events?
Scot911 chapter 25 . 6/17/2016
Well... shit... Shit just went down... Personally if I was the president I would have automatically started preparations of a full scale invasion of Syria. Any delay is only going to let more Grimm pour through and you need to stop that tide A.S.A.P. Damn the political consequences. Hell I'd even use that as a concession for Russia to help with the Ukraine situation. Maybe allow Assad to keep power and make Ukraine let go of crimea as long as the U.S. gets a base in Syria near the portal and allowing them to join Gemstone as well as evolving Gemstone into an organization sort of like the U.N. or NATO for countries that have portals and their allies. Then use allied Iraq as one staging ground and the Syrian government with Russia as the other. Hell even just let Russia advance from Syria while U.S. and allies do it through Iraq.

Also I've been wondering this for a while but do you think it might be better for the world to go back to some old tech to fight grimm with? Like WW2 flak and A.A. guns to help take down flying Grimm and maybe less advanced tanks to help take out ground Grimm? It would probably be cheaper then using modern tech in the long run and then have modern tech for emergencies/on standby. I guess it depends on how good that tech would be at actually destroying Grimm though.
SanDemonMax chapter 25 . 6/17/2016
Will Penny make some kind of appearance? And if she does, will her status as an AHI get revealed to anyone? Since Team RWBY vanished somewhere in the Black & White docks fight with Torchwick, Ruby wouldn't know.

And I understand that the following question could be unanswerable due to spoilers, but assuming the worst hits, and it turns to Remnant vs. Earth (or Vale, Atlas, Mistral, Vacuo, & NATO vs. whoever), what would Penny's role be?
655 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »