Reviews for What Fortune Lent
badtothebone chapter 8 . 2/29
I liked this take on what would happen if Katara was captured. My favorite part was that the romance did not occur until Katara was free. Thanks for taking the time to write and share this! It was fun to read and I'm glad I found it :D
Lennox13 chapter 2 . 1/10
Aijaijai, the poor child! You write so well. I really enjoyed reading this, despite the sombre topic and sad situation. I truly hope things get better and not worse.
iChaos chapter 8 . 8/19/2019
A beautifully written story. You have genuine talent for sure.
marttakyllikki chapter 8 . 7/7/2019
This was an amazing story, I loved it! Great work!️
midnightsnapdragon chapter 8 . 5/23/2019
I love your Sokka. I love him so much. It's soothing to read a "best case scenario" kind of fic, where Zuko changes loyalties early on, they find the Avatar and the Water Tribe accepts him (and zutara is endgame, of course). I smile every time Zuko bows to Hakoda. Humility looks good on him.
Thanks for a good evening of reading!
midnightsnapdragon chapter 7 . 5/23/2019
Very nice! Very nice! Ah, the futures we could have had.
midnightsnapdragon chapter 6 . 5/23/2019
ohhh ... ohhhhh nooo ... this is the war meeting where Zuko speaks out.
midnightsnapdragon chapter 5 . 5/23/2019
so there WAS going to be An Arrangement of sorts. i KNEW it
this is turning out to be a very nice AU thank you
midnightsnapdragon chapter 4 . 5/23/2019
Things I liked:
-"You're turning into your Uncle Iroh, dear."
- Zuko rambling on COMPLETELY THE WRONG POINT, as follows: "concubine isn't bad politically speaking but I guess you wouldn't be satisfied with anything but full title of wife eh Katara?" /makes hopeful eyes/ of course this idiot jumps directly to children and marriage.
- THEY BOND OVER URSA SHE'S THEIR MOM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
midnightsnapdragon chapter 3 . 5/23/2019
Things I loved:
- the idea of Zuko moping around in the beginning, waiting for Katara to Come Be His Friend! Please! He is lonely boi!
- every time Ozai comes to their joint lessons he thinks "this day's practice might be the one that determines whether he or Azula is next in line for the throne." accurate.
- what you said about Zuko having compassion and his mother's good heart, but also hot temper
- his awkward self around Katara
- Ursa giving Katara compassion ("she needs a way to focus herself or she'll lash out against all of us and get herself killed.") GIVE THIS GIRL A MOTHER!
- the Early Signs on Ursa getting into trouble :/
- he drops her hand like she's the firebender
- "She thinks it's funny that the princess doesn't actually ask her to do very much. Except maybe risk her lfie by learning how to waterbend. So there's that." Your dry humour adds spice!

P.S. When Ursa first mentioned getting Katara out of her prison but not out of the palace, and what a prize she would be for the royal family, I was sure you were going for an arranged marriage scenario (which was why Zuko was there). But you chose a different tack and I like it!
delirijumbaklave chapter 8 . 4/23/2019
This was great:)
Gonz415 chapter 8 . 2/18/2019
Loved everything about this.
K-the-Queen-of-Typos chapter 8 . 2/19/2019
I can’t find the words to even BEGIN to explain how much I loved reading this story. I’d give it a 25/10 in a heartbeat if I could! Thank you so much for writing this!
K-the-Queen-of-Typos chapter 4 . 2/19/2019
I actually like the thought of Zuko and Azula trashing Chan’s house together. The two didn’t have many genuine sibling moments in the series, but that one had got to be the best of them, so I’m glad you kept it.
K-the-Queen-of-Typos chapter 2 . 2/19/2019
Ursa’s faith is Zuko is so heartwarming because she truly believes what she said. I’m pretty sure that Zuko could’ve taken down Azula at any point throughout their lives if it was because his mother was in danger. He willpower alone is something to contend with normally, more or less when he’s defending someone he’s willing to die for.