Reviews for Hyrule Castle High: Year 1
niacdoial chapter 56 . 1/27
wow. it took me litteral months to catch up and post a comment. uuuugh.
OK whatever.
Hey! It's me, that one idiot!
I love how this story continued and ended!

(random note: the 'post' button doesn't seem to work, here and now. I just hope you won't get that message 3 times...)
Ignitious chapter 56 . 1/27
Finally, I'm at the final part of the epilogue. Needless to say, I really love this story! Loved the characters and everything, minus Sheik's transphobic father of course.

One of my favorite things about this story is how much you developed Ganondorf's character while keeping him you know, Ganondorf. Not many people tend to do that when they make him much more fleshed out rather than just your standard villain. I really loved how human he came out while still having his own issues to deal with. He may not be perfect, but he really loves Shadow.

I am definitely looking forward to the continuation of the story when it comes out. I feel that making the second part it's own standalone story as opposed to adding on is for the best, especially since the situations the characters are bound to get into might heavily differ from the first story. I am curious to see if any new faces are going to show up alongside the cast.

Speaking of which, I should read the latest chapter of For Once, Always soon over on Wattpad!

Ps. I love Sia, so I'm glad to see one of her songs being strongly suggested. Not to mention I do love making Sia jokes with Cia. Unfortunately there isn't much of those, which in itself is a very wasted opportunity.
Ignitious chapter 55 . 1/27
As someone who suffers from major depressive disorder and had experienced ideation and helped talked people out of it before, this chapter was intense. I feel so bad for Shadow and the others who were close to him. I'm also so sorry to hear about your loss. In a sense, writing this chapter could be seen as a form of healing, no matter how long it has been since he's been gone. I feel that leaving him alive would had been the easy way out, so I feel that making him die was the best choice. After all, his death had a strong impact on me, it'll definitely have a strong impact on all the other readers as well.

I apologize if any of my wording sounds off. Glad to see the website allowed the listing of all the hotlines.
Overall a very melancholic, but beautiful beginning to the epilogue.
Ignitious chapter 54 . 1/27
Can I just say I love Nabooru? I really appreciate how she told Link it's okay to cry since he's always suppressed his own thoughts and worries away. Sometimes you need to let it all out and it'll be okay. A reminder that everyone needs once in a while.

Love the bond between Link and Shadow, even if they never really got to grow up together. It demonstrates that family isn't only someone you just grew up with too.

I always find it really clever how the Four Swords Links always had actual names in the story. Then again, it's an AU and while people usually use their colors to make it easier for distinction, I love the little extra touch here.
Ignitious chapter 53 . 1/27
While I've read the last few chapters in silence due to being swamped last semester with school work (getting a second degree isn't all that fun), I felt that wasn't enough. So with that, I decided to leave each chapter its own proper review.

In other words, I'm playing catch up and re-reading them allows me to recollect the thoughts.
Anyways, on with the review.

A very action packed chapter. Loved it, loved it, loved it! Usually its fairly difficult to write action packed scenes with the amount of characters present in the scene, but you did it perfectly. I also chuckled at what Vio said to the enemy.

Ps. I loved the tidbit about no swords allowed at conventions. Reminds me of a time when props were banded with a mark as "safe" before the environment grew more hostile.
James Birdsong chapter 53 . 11/16/2019
Good five chapters
Ignitious chapter 52 . 11/13/2019
Damn, I wasn't really expecting that at all. What a clever turn of events.

Can I just say I love how Ganondorf is much more human in this adaptation? I always find it intriguing when people give him more emphasis besides the whole villain thing in stories. Guess that's the beauty of alternative universes.
King Meezy chapter 51 . 11/7/2019
ho. ly. frick. INTENSE! I remember reading this when I was first getting into Fanfiction then I lost trackof where I was, I'm glad I found it again and that it's still going. Please keep up this amazing work
Ignitious chapter 51 . 11/2/2019
This was a fun chapter. Enjoyed the balance between the brothers and Vio’s thoughts after Shadow. It’s a nice little insight to his character.

Yes you did! I gave you a follow as soon as I found your story (it’s difficult to find things with wattpad’s search sometimes). No problem, your story deserves them! :D

I could imagine. Well one of the benefits of research is learning. I can definitely see the story being different at one point since this one has fantasy/ Zelda elements while Young Leaves is a slice of life story.

Anyways, good chapter!
Ignitious chapter 50 . 10/29/2019
It’s been a while since I’ve read this story. Still glad to see it up and running again. The realism always fascinated me because not many people take advantage of that when it comes to AUs.

Slowly but surely, I’ve been working on writing again too (particularly a Zelink Smash story but still). As for a sequel, I would say that the premise alone could be used for another AU story since you’re adapting this one to another story.

I plan on checking it out on Wattpad and definitely press the vote button (something which sadly isn’t done much there). Other than that, I’m going to be sad when this ends but oh well. :p
Guest chapter 49 . 10/19/2019
I’m just happy you decided to get back to the story :) stall as much as you want! I’m gunna probably have to read back too, catch up on what I missed! XD
James Birdsong chapter 48 . 10/12/2019
Cool
Guest chapter 9 . 2/10/2019
“It was like he had a connection to her that he’d never felt with his own mother...” HMMMMMMMMMM!
TyJupiter chapter 44 . 8/8/2017
oh and by him i mean the guest named "him"
TyJupiter chapter 44 . 8/8/2017
hi, hopefully im signed into my acc else this is gonna be embarrassing. i made an actual fanfic acc, yay. i used to use him but im gonna use this now. just wanted to let you know, and if for any reason i sdtually am not posting this on my acc, the account ill be using from now on is TyJupiter