Reviews for Hyrule Castle High: Year 1
Ollie chapter 44 . 4/11/2017
Hey nice story dude I read the whole thing it's awesome I can't wait for new chapters I must ask though whatever happened to nabooro and link I kinda forgot since I haven't been reading nonstop been busy with school and stuff people in my school are annoying lol anyways like I said great story and peace !
him chapter 44 . 4/5/2017
!SPOILER ALERT DON'T READ UNTIL AFTER YOU READ C44!
(Jeez 44 chapters that's crazy)
Oh gosh I randomly decided to look for this and it took me a while because I couldn't remember the name but then when I found It it said Updated February something and I was like :O
So yeah, seems like quite an awkward moment when your mother finds you in bed with a big punk who sent creepy love letters in middle school :S I was a bit spooked when shadow nearly took an arrow to the head (;3) Also archery is cool, I've shot a bow a few times irl but I suck at it anyways really hoping to see more ganondorf/shadow interaction soon, it's been a while
Oh no, hope shadow doesn't run away, that'd be a real shame cause I want to see Ganon shadow interaction ;((
Heh anyways chapter didn't feel that long even though it took 10 minutes to read, mainly cause I'm tired but I can't just ignore a new chapter :P why do I always read so late at night almost 1am e.e
Can't wait for the next chapter!
TwillinOfTheWillows chapter 44 . 2/13/2017
I am so glad I found this story. its been wonderful to read something where it's not just like, the single token gay character (they're gay) that's presented as very much in your face gay (because they're gay) and then made so that being gay is the only important part of the character (did we mention that they're gay? Because they are). I don't normally check out the Zelda fanfic anymore, but I'm so happy I did yesterday.

I was just curious- are you planning on adding any ace and/or aro characters, or people on kinda those spectrums? I saw it mentioned in the talk about the potential ball, and personally I think it would be really awesome if there was a character introduced who had that going on, or was just realizing it about themselves. As someone who really doesn't understand this whole 'omg that person is so hawt must date and have sex' thing, I just would really like to see a fic that had an aro or ace character, especially because I don't think I've seen it more than once or twice, and only by one person who seemed to realize that where you find one LGBTQ person, you're probably going to find more, since there's typically some natural gravitation/attraction happening.

Anyway, I really, really like your story! Thanks ever so for representing the characters thoughts, feelings, and attractions so well- this is one of the first stories I've read that's done it anywhere near as good. I will look forward to the next update- here, I'll try to send some luck your way, so that it's easy to write the next chapter :)
a random faggot chapter 43 . 2/2/2017
Rip story hasn't been updated in millions of years lel
Guest chapter 43 . 1/27/2017
This isn't even a story. This is just the words of a dumb 14 year old girl that's been brainwashed by tumblr. It's nothing more than an excuse for you to write about your beloved social justice bullshit, use your favorite buzzwords, and bastardize characters by making them be part of 'oppressed' groups so you can feel better about yourself for not being an 'oppressor.' Everything you've written is the definition of virtue signalling. Congrats on writing the most sorry excuse for fanfiction.
Ignitious chapter 43 . 10/24/2016
Hello! While feeling the need to motivate myself to write again, I figured why not play a little catch up with this story. Warning, I'm probably giving a fairly long review to reconcile my thoughts thus far. :)

I'm glad to say that you liked my idea very much. Seeing how those in the LGBTQ are slowly but surely getting rights, there is still a long way to go. It would definitely interfere with Midna given how her family and the other Twili are heavily embedded into a heteronormative culture (just like the Hylians and everyone else) that breaking tradition would hinder and be seen as a slap in the face despite possibly having predecessors who were forced into being straight. Hopefully the council isn't the type to send anyone to a conversion camp because those things are absolutely morbid!

Needless to say, I'm really loving how this entire story is coming into play. I'm just going to be flat out honest and congratulate you on the realism and how well you're actually portraying the characters without skewing their personalities that were given to them in their respective media. Most of the high school stories I have read in the Zelda section tend to commonly bastardize Link's other potential love interests (particularly Ilia and Malon for some odd reason) to the point where they would completely make them out of character just to be a heartless asshole to Zelda for usually the sake of their ship (as much as I adore this pairing to pieces, a lot of Zelink writers are guilty of doing this). It's just plain right disgusting and not only it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, it's also sexist as it just turns the female characters one dimensional. Even worse is that most people tend to excuse this type of behavior because it's a "AU" when alternative universe doesn't mean to completely screw up a established character's personality and bastardize it for the sake of your story. I never understood people who do that because there's a reason why making original characters exist but this story doesn't which is absolutely fantastic. The females are decently written without them having to fight someone for the sake of a ship as they aren't tied to romance right away.

Next agenda, I love how the characters aren't defined by their sexuality, gender and even their disabilities. They're just written as actual people instead of having to emphasize that the character is gay, etc. when you show instead of telling. I adore how characters like Ayrll aren't written as a negative stereotype for autistic people which are commonly seen in television and movies. I also like how Groose is trying his best to understand gender and how it heavily differentiates from biological sex. It's quite common for people to get sex and gender mixed up all the time because while biological sex only helps when it comes to what medical procedures, etc., as studies have shown there is more than one gender (for instance, non-binary/agender people have been studied since the 70s). I appreciate how he's trying his best to not see Sheik as Zelda especially given that he crushed on him since middle school.

With those thoughts aside, I'm glad to see more people reading this story. I do wonder if we might see more cast members get introduced in the second year along with more obstacles for Link, Dark, Sheik and the others to deal with. Anyways, I'm glad I tuned into this story, I really am.
him chapter 43 . 10/16/2016
Uh, I typed a rather long review a few days ago and I am not seeing it, I think it didn't go through or something :( Oh well, I'll just say it again just in case :) I was very happy to see how long this chapter was, it kinda sucks when a great story has extremely short chapters. I really enjoyed this chapter, the thing going on at the beginning is really interesting. Also links granny is one tough cookie, if I was a granny (or grandpa?) And my grandson wielded _that_ I certainly would be a bit shocked for a while! Keep up the awesome work!
him chapter 43 . 10/14/2016
Oops, late again :S You don't even know how happy I was to see how long this chapter was though, was a nice 15 minute read :) Also BTW, kinda random but it is pretty cool to see my 'name' (idk why I chose him) at the top lol. Anyways great chapter as always! This whole thing-going-on is really interesting. Also one more thing, Link's granny is one tough son-of-a-b**** xD If I was a granny (or grandpa I guess) and found out that my grandson wielded the thingy, I would certainly be a tad bit upset haha! Keep up the good work! And sorry for my strange writing in this review, using many alsos and stuff, I am a bit tired and am typing from my phone, I don't like to browse fan fiction on my computer lol.
templeofsouls chapter 43 . 10/7/2016
While I haven't reviewed this story as much as I should that didn't mean I forgot about it out of the blue. Let's just say I was being a silent reader the whole time. I must say, it's built up quite nicely. Going to be honest here, it's not very often you come across a high school story that actually depicts the characters as AnnoyingSword put it, so real while the majority of them seem to have the fabricated tv high school drama vibe. It's things like that which make I as a reader heavily cherish this story because none of the characters are being reduced to something they aren't and their personalities are very much enjoyable.

It's nice to see the cast slowly growing. I wonder if more new faces will appear and be introduced during the next arc (year 2) and how would they play in the story.

Overall, I'm glad to see this story still up and updating. :)
- Temp
Short Story Shorty chapter 43 . 10/3/2016
I am so hooked to this story. The characters are so real and amazing and... and... Their issues are real (Like right now things!) and I feel like so many people can connect to this story. Even me. I feel quite a bit like Groose in terms of how gender is described, but I never knew how to put it into words. I'm just me. Its funny because when people ask about my sexuality I say my name. That's my gender, that's my sexuality. I'm me. Why does anything else matter.

Well, I have to get back to doing that there life stuff, so I will post this review. Bye!

Devoted, and ever watchful for updates, fan,
~Annoying :)
flashyhero chapter 43 . 10/2/2016
Damn. I actually really like Groose's idea.
Short Story Shorty chapter 2 . 9/30/2016
I guess I will start this review out by asking a question. Do you know someone that is autistic? You describe it so well and I was curious. You see, my brother has high-functioning autism and has an I.Q. higher than most adults. He's thirteen, btw. If you didn't know he was, you really couldn't tell because of that fact. It's the little habits like not eating chocolate on Thursday that give him away, but I love him for every bit of it!

I was a little iffy on reading this because people try to make their characters have things that they know nothing about, but I see that you aren't like that. So, I'll see if I continue to like the story (You never know, you know.) and leave a review when I get done. Whether that is the next chapter or the very last, we will see.

Curious reader,
~Annoying :)
Guest chapter 43 . 9/27/2016
I love this series! Uh... That's all nothing special to say. :3
ROFLCOPTER chapter 43 . 9/25/2016
Holy crap...these chapters are getting longer and longer...
him chapter 42 . 9/15/2016
Boy, am I late for reading this. Thankfully it's only 12AM so I am good. The Gerudo kinda remind me of an Indian tribe, with the many grandma's and funny traditions (hope I am not being racist :o)
Also the part just after the halfway mark (trying not to spoil for those who haven't read) is pretty interesting with the 2 thing things and all. Really great chapter, can't wait for the next! P.S. link and Nabooroo would make a perfect couple in this story 3

P.S.S (lol) Year 2 should probably be in this story, but if possible have the chapters named (Year 2 week 1, Year 2 chapter 1, etc)

P.S.S.S this is definitely one of my favorite loz stories (apart from that one 80 chapter majoras mask novelization by fakejake or something, that was really good.)
85 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »