Reviews for From the Bottom of the North Sea
troesnaja chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I liked this little fic a lot. I always like reading about Snape as a teacher especially if it is odne well. I normally like Hermione as a female character but Ginny is cool too.
Dinh San chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
beautiful! aww sevvy.
Mananeh chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
I liked this fic - especially that Snape was thoroughly unpleasant. I have no idea what the quote is, but I loved the long name!

Mananeh
Howl chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
Nice story. Your characters were greatly in-character, or rather the two that didn't belong to you. Truly, it was wonderful. Mind, I don't know where that title came from, but I would seriously like to know.

It sounds familiar, I think, and it'll be bothering me for quite some time. (Could you kindly reply to this review and tell me *hopeful look*)

Snape was especially wonderful, not to mention your theory of his reasoning for being so cruel in his teaching style. It works brilliantly with the man and fits the context of his mind amazingly well.

The fact that it was told from Ginny's point-of-view made it even better, especially with the fact that there was barely any inside influence of the Trio. That's always a bonus at times, I feel, when truly setting up Severus Snape's character.

Great story! Good job! (Is there going to be a continue of this story?)
Nienna Telrunya chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
Alas, I am amused . . . but chocolate-frogless. Sigh. Very fun story and amazingly in character. Snape was so evil yet intelligent yet purposeful. Ginny so Ginny. And, of course, Stella new-character shows so much of how some people really are. Very well written.
ProfessorSpork chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
I want a Sevvy, too. He can keep my desk-Ginny company. "I love you, Ravenclaw."
Feather Qwill chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
Hmm, the story has potential, I can't wait to see how it turns out.
JoeBob1379 chapter 1 . 2/9/2003
Hee hee... that was great!
Elorapid chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
*waves* Ginny Potter here (who was then K Weasley, who is now Elorapid...got that?)! I know I've been a bit of a bad reviewer, considering I haven't checked out your fics for a while...a really long while...but I'm back! Really!

I really did love this fic. It was very funny ('the ones Ginny always wanted to introduce to a Bludger club'...too funny!) and very well written. I like your writing style very much; you balance fluidity (is that a word?) with description and it goes very well together. I also liked your characterizations a lot. My favorite had to be Snape, and of course Ginny, but I especially liked how Stella became human in the end.

One tiny techincal error: at one point you called Stella 'Estella', but I'm sure you just glanced over it.

I'm ashamed to admit I have no idea about the title, or how it relates to the story. I don't get a chocolate frog! *sob*...not even one?
deletye chapter 1 . 1/6/2003
it be good...even tho Ginny isn't my favourte character and she does often get on my nerves it's a nice small fic. Snape was cool..you potrayed the evil quite well. I love the whole thing about the floating creatures...i don't believe i've ever heard mention of them before.

Best thing about it? the creatures name..'I think I'll officially name him Severus, From the Bottom of the North Sea.'...sry, i luv that...

by, i will now dissapear for another month or so...
telegramsam chapter 1 . 12/28/2002
Pretty good, I'm surprised you haven't gotten more reviews...
Pseudonym Sylphmuse chapter 1 . 12/26/2002
That was cute and lovely. I'll be adding your name to my favorite authors list.
TAFKAF chapter 1 . 12/24/2002
Well, I'm sorry to say that I've got no clue whatever about the title...probably has something to do with an evil sea monster, but that's just me.

Awesome story! I loved your portrayal of Ginny, and Snape was evil as usual but done really well. Cynics rule. Sometimes. I think.

A STORY WITHOUT THE MARAUDERS! Amazing! Continue the trend, though...this one was excellent.

Flamewing, who wishes you a HAPPY EVERYTHING (to avoid offending absolutely anyone)
auroraziazan chapter 1 . 12/24/2002
You change perspectives a little at the beginning. Also, it seems just a little out of line for Snape to be teasing Ginny, umm, in the manner he is at first. The story about Robert Lowell is fabulous. I'm not sure if this was on purpose, but you used British quotation marks. I really enjoyed Ginny's sudden speculations on Snape. I really enjoy the chemistry you get between Ginny and Snape once the rest of the class leaves. You managed to nail down that relationship there. 'My least favourite great-aunt calls me Virginia.' That's a fabulous character line. It's kind of easy to find the line of text, given that it's about 3 lines about the bold challenge. I'm not sure if you know, but the bottom chunk is there twice. I quite liked it, and it would be an interesting wone to continue if you desire further chapters. Really great ideas went into this.