Reviews for All Because of a Bet
Uqor chapter 21 . 8/8
I'm laughing, Setsuna got herself into an awkward situation. I wonder why her uncle is with father Akashi's spy? Will we be getting a chapter with Akashi's pov? I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
This is very nice! No OOC Akashi! Although there are a bit tweaking needed due to varying tenses in some paragraphs..there's also the (I'm sorry to say this).. kinda awwkward use of auxillary verbs.

Like this instance:

"Frustration was fast replacing terror... "

This could be written as:

"Frustration quickly replaced terror.."

I find it difficult to nail them from the get go too, my teachers always point them out (English is not my mother tongue). I hope you're not offended.. And please keep writing.. Thank you.
UPDATE PLEASE! THIS IS THE BEST AKASHI X OC I'VE READ... AND SETSUNA IS VERY REALISTIC... QUITE ANNOYING IN SOME ASPECTS BUT STILL LOVABLE... THE CLIFF HANGERS ARE A PAIN THOUGH... (¶¶)…PLEASE KEEP WRITING

P. S.

MY CAPS LOCK KEY'S BROKEN.. SO, YEAH.
Pasta-Survivor chapter 21 . 5/20
I love your story, and I can't wait to read more! It's really good, I only meant to read the first three chapters tonight and then all of a sudden here I am at the end of chapter 21! This is awesome, thank you for such a good story!
Vermilion chapter 21 . 5/13
I really love your story so much and I can't wait to read the next chapter
LyriaHart chapter 21 . 5/7
When is the next chapter coming out? I want to know what happens next. Just curious no pressure.
Catatonic Symphony chapter 1 . 5/6
I'm glad you've updated again. I think you've done done majour character development that hasn't been foreshadowed properly though. What's up with them getting along so well all of a sudden? Her confidence and skill? It's happened too quickly… and i was hoping for some more interaction with Kuroko, besides the dream and mentions… I'm sure him and setsuna would get along splendidly. and what's up with Kakashi's ambiguous feelings? it starts annoying me… i guess he's finally letting Setsuna break trough his walls. still, it's difficult to understand why she feels so strongly towards him after the initial attraction… but I guess it is a great fit, in a sense. I'm looking forwards to the next chapter. i just hope it'll be a little longer!
19Delfin chapter 21 . 5/5
So glad you're continuing this story! I really liked the changes you added to the first chapters; your writing style has steadily improved and the transitions between scenes are much smoother. This chapter was great as always! I'm so glad they're on the same page and working together. Can't believe the challenge is happening in 1 week! I'm also quite curious how Setsuna's home situation and the trial is gonna affect her and the relationship with Akashi. I would really like it if his father had a bigger role in the story as well, though you've already hinted at his involvement in Akashi's life what with the spying nurse. Can't wait for the next chapter! Thank you for sharing this story with us!
Under A Cloud chapter 20 . 4/24
To be completely honestly, I have so many questions floating around my head and I don't even know where to start - and that's an awesome thing. In all sincerity.

The first question that's existed in me since the first chapter was, how did Chinami know about something that even Akashi couldn't find out?

The second, I have a theory, but I'm still unsure as to why Akashi wants to train Setsuna. I would actually challenge Setsuna's conviction that Akashi has feelings for her (initially) - somehow, it seems that it isn't the case. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The third, so... does Eisuke like Setsuna that way? Does he? It seems he does, yet he doesn't - actually, I'm totally on the "he does" side.

About Chinami. She seems like someone with a screw loose in her head from Eisuke's perspective, like she has a ridiculously low EQ, an emptiness in her cultivated by her background of some sorts. Idk, it's just my take on her. I don't like or dislike her as a character, but she has a lot of potential to /not/ play out as your typical villain. I appreciate the novelty!

So yes, moving on to other parts of the story. First thing first, I'm pretty sure Midorima doesn't live in Kyoto, where Rakuzan is located, and Shutoku is in Tokyo; but I'm completely fine with you changing this aspect of canon to cater to your story because it's that brilliant.

The second, Setsuna blaming herself for her parent's death was, in my opinion, irrational of her - but people. Humans. They aren't always rational and I love that you showed it on your character.

And Akashi. I love the way you write everyone, but I can't say Akashi is very aligned with his image in my eyes. It's fine, though, honestly, because Akashi is such a complex character and there can be a lot of varying perspectives of him. For me, I imagine him, when he has heterochromatic eyes, to make polite speeches in refined manner, say things in statement matter-of-factly, and all in all just you know give off that high-class, arrogant feel without being explicit in his manner. It's hard to describe, but what I imagine of him is slightly different from the way he is portrayed in this story. I imagine his manner of speech to be a lot more figurative - but well, this works, it works. Characters are open to interpretations after all.

All in all you wrote a fantastic story and I appreciate the depth of your characters that allows room for interpretation, thank you so much for sharing this!
Why do I get a feeling thar Akashi used an ankle breaker on Eisuke and just waited for Setsuna to turn to hom for coaching since he's the only one (excluding Eisuke) who knows how to play basketball? And how in Sevwn hells did he know her name if they've never talked to one another prior to the story.?! Akashi, you sneaky stalker.
Kingfisher chapter 20 . 4/20
So this is really well written. I feel a bit like I struck gold with this fic, honestly. I'd love to see this updated again because I really really want to read more of your work on this.

I read this all in a day because I couldn't leave it for a minute. I love your style of writing and your OCs fit in with the other characters so well. Most fics I've found that are OC-centric tend to be of a lower quality but this is most certainly an exception.

I loved the one part where Eisuke was asking Satsuma (pardon me if I spell the names wrong. ;-;) about her favorite color and in reply to her saying 'red' he said something along the lines of 'I would've thought you liked blue'. It's just got all that underlying meaning. That part was probably my favorite.

The only thing I want to mention -puts on grammar police hat- is that in the earlier chapters, you spelled mismatched 'miss-matched', and also spelled ceased 'seized'.
Lol not a big deal, I just get very distracted by things like that. Gomen. :P

I love this story and I'd be elated to read more. I'm definitely going to be checking on this from now on to see if it's ever updated! Thank you for writing this Author-san!
sakurarules4eternity chapter 20 . 2/21
Wow! I cannot believe I have never read this story before and my new greatest hope is for this to be updated at some point; I understand that you are going through a bit of a reconstruction with this story so I wish you the best of luck with that and hope you can get a new chapter out soon.

Akashi is so well-written in this story; he really fits his character but he is not, in any way, over the top. I also really love your OC, Setsuna; she is such a relatable character, with spunk but also a healthy number of characteristics that I really relate to. Eisuke is also a lot of fun (which really makes him fit into the Kuroko no Basuke world) and Chinami...It sound weird but I love to hate her character. She is so catty, in the worst way, but I just can't imagine another villain (she kind of reminds me of Cersei from Game of Thrones...who I also hate to love).

Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is that I love this story and I think you are really talented; I very rarely enjoy fanfiction with OCs in them. Please update soon and thanks for yall you have written so far!
CrystalVixen93 chapter 20 . 2/12
Love your story and can't wait to see what happens next so I hope you update again soon plz
The Flame Elf chapter 20 . 2/12
I need a 21st chapter it's too amazing! Love this story so much please update soon?
MaintainPressure chapter 1 . 1/3
Hi everyone, thank you all so much for continuing to support my fanfic!
I am in no way inclined to scrap this story; there are too many characters in my head screaming at me to write them! I have been dying to take up the next chapter, but unfortunately I and you must wait, as it is currently undergoing extreme beta-ing because I believe it is in extreme need of it. By the time I wrote the last chapter, I knew that this story was going in the right direction, but not the way I had originally intended it to. This was not a good thing.
And so I sought the help of not just one, but two beta's. They are currently on break and are doing me the tremendous honour of reading my story for me. They will likely pick up on mistakes I failed to, and that includes character inconsistencies as well as plot holes. I basically told them not to hold back (regrets?). So, that being said, I will likely have to go back and edit (and I mean majorly edit) this story in terms of plot and characters. There might be whole scenes altered or cut out entirely. There might be characters added in here or there that I didn't add originally. Or it might only be little things.
I'm very sorry if this causes any of you inconvenience, but I cannot finish this story in good conscience, knowing I didn't put in my 100% best effort. And every time I re-read it it just makes that fact even more glaringly obvious.
Until that time, however, I have started fresh with other stories that are involved in my series - if you didn't already notice. I will take up this story again soon (this month actually) first to go back and edit big-time, and then to continue on to the inevitable cliff-hanger ending! (Not too cliff-hanger, everything is resolved, don't panic). But I fully intend to end this story.
Thank you for sticking by me! After I finish editing, it might be beneficial to go back and catch up again (sincere apologies) or if you feel you can still keep up, that's fine too. Either way, I'll be back with this fanfic soon!
- MP