Reviews for Deus Ex Machina
Yoko Sakura chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
Kaiba is from DBZ. He's so obsessed with machines just like Gero's obsessed with androids/robotics.
it blows chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
If u shit, piss and breathe then you are human. I liked the story though, it reminded me of the whole machine obsession thing in the anime. :))) x333
Arsaja chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Awwww... :)
Eden Lies chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
I liked it a lot ), and your take on Deus Ex Machina is pretty interesting.

for the last 'quiet', i think you put a " instead of a ' by accident?
Shakiah Kestrel chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
This is one of my favorite fanfictions of all time. I ran across it again because I was cleaning out my hard drive, and spent some time reading and thinking about it.

Several people so far have commented that you used the term "Deus Ex Machina" incorrectly, but I think the way you used it is really neat. It can be taken both ways, honestly - literally, "God out of the machine" (the obsessive, almost religious reverence Seto displays toward technology in the story), and also in the literary sense. In Greek theatre, a deus ex machina ending is one in which the hero gets himself in an inescapable situation, but is rescued by a god (in the context of this story, the god might be Mokuba?). I also think that it's a fascinating exploration of what defines humanity (particularly the paragraph near the end about touch).

I think this story could definitely benefit from some re-working, editing and re-wording, but the concept is amazing and frankly that matters to me more. Given the age of this story, you probably won't even read this review, but I needed to get this out there. Beautiful work.
Gweh chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
Interesting story. Though I must say, while you did translate Deus Ex Machina correctly, you didn't use it correctly, or actually you took the words very literally. Deus Ex Machina is an allusion to early theater where in many plays an actor playing a "God" role was lowered down from a crane or some sort of machinery. The saying actually means like a the end of a story where the ending is too convienient. For example, a god figure comes down and fixes everything and its the end. Thus, the allusion, Deus ex Machina. Nice fic by the way.
heaven shadow chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
Adore this. Great job.
WallofIllusion chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Impressive and deep _. I like. Going on my favorites list.
23523asf chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
reminds me of paraniod by linkin park
Zeke chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
Wow, this is good. Deus ex machina is "the forgotten god of macines," or some such. Thanks for the new view of Seto.
Zeke Wolfe
Ryo0oki chapter 1 . 10/13/2003
I think it's interesting how when Seto corrects Mokuba, he doesn't use correct grammar. P
Hush Puppie chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
Wow. This is really great. I love it. Seto's inner conflict is drawn out so well.

Lovely. And I sometimes have the first-person third-person problem too.
Wow chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
Gorgeously done.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
I like the idea of using "Deus Ex Machina" for the title. I never thought of the phrase in that way. (Usually I think of it in the literary way, as an ending.) I'm not sure about the grammar in one place. When Seto Kaiba corrected Mokuba, shouldn't it have been "he and I" not "him and I"?
Alex Warlorn chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
Kind of lacks the climax this sort of thing sets up inside Seto's head. And your right about Kaiba's inner conflict about just not being good with people. Sorte like me.