Reviews for Fan Girl
CileSuns92 chapter 9 . 1/7
Wow, such a great background story that fits perfectly with what we know of Johanna Beckett. It's hard to see her as something other than a murder victim, but you created the woman, the mother, the fangirl. Beautifully crafted, thank you for giving us this. It would be awesome if Castle really remembered her, and she had indeed met Alexis. A small, small victory, and such a plausible coincidence in the world of Castle. For me, an instant favorite!
Vishw chapter 7 . 12/30/2021
Wow! You really piled it on in this chapter! Clever justification of Beckett's crappy treatment of Castle for the next few years.
Vishw chapter 6 . 12/30/2021
Really enjoyed the first 5 chapters, but not this one. I feel that you're kinda getting carried away with all these serendipitous meetings. This one felt especially forced. It's like fate is working a bit too hard for getting these two together.

Also, why is Castle chastising himself so harshly for the things he didn't really do? That inscription also feels too wordy, like he's overcompensating. The casual use of 'extraordinary' feels the same and out of place. I mean all Kate told him was that her mother was a big fan and met him a bunch of times. How does that make her 'extraordinary'?

I'm sorry if it feels like I'm only complaining but I had no complaints about the first 5 chapters, but this one felt... off and I didn't even mention Gina! ;)
Dr1zzy chapter 9 . 5/1/2019
Good story
Moniurek chapter 9 . 12/31/2017
Amazing
gngoa chapter 2 . 8/13/2017
Perfect indeed.
dopeysac chapter 9 . 5/22/2017
Great chapter! Thank you so much for this beautiful story!
dopeysac chapter 8 . 5/22/2017
First, I want to thank you for recommending this story. Second, this was such a beautiful chapter! This just grabs my heart! Loved it!
Guest chapter 9 . 3/2/2017
Great fun!
Thanks for sharing!
Lokken.8 chapter 9 . 10/15/2016
Lovely story! Your characters feels real - living, breathing - and your plot is great combination of your own ideas and canon. I had great time reading this!
Guest chapter 9 . 9/15/2016
I really really loved this story
Phaerre chapter 9 . 4/16/2016
This was so lovely! Thanks so much for sharing your imaginative gifts!
Ky03elk chapter 9 . 4/2/2016
No, it's a lot creepy. Oh God, she embarrassed me."

"Oh and thanks for making me sound like a dirty old man. Middle school," he muttered in an affected old-man voice. His eyes widened and he salaciously added, "Knee socks."

Lol, that is true and hilarious. But the rest was adorable and sweet.
Ky03elk chapter 8 . 4/2/2016
He paused and turned to Weldon, a desperate plea in his eyes. "I don't know yet, but I know I have to find out how it ends." 'Or even if it will truly begin,' Castle added to himself as he resumed his pacing.

Oh such need for her and thier story. And so glad he remembers them both
Ky03elk chapter 7 . 4/2/2016
She looked down and inhaled a staccato breath. He'd just confirmed what she'd feared. He didn't remember her, just as he hadn't remembered her mother. To him, they were both just two more nameless faceless fangirls who waited in line to meet him.

Oh that slotted in so well with the show but after seeing such a different side previously in the story, my heart just plummeted.