Reviews for Not From Others
HPuni101 chapter 35 . 7/11
Loved this story. Very well-written and felt like the real thing. You capture the cannon characters beautifully..am now on the hunt again for more Harry and Ginny stories. I noticed quite a few minor grammar errors though...the ones that were most notable in the early chapters were the use of; 'i' and '/i' appearing randomly, it was just a little distracting. All in all a very enjoyable read. Thanks so much for sharing. Best wishes.
Honestly that was such a good story, it could have been the 8th book it was that seamlessly written. I liked how it filled in alot of the mystery surrounding most of the Characters who weren't involved in the deathly hallows and reading there story has really completed the book series for me :)
CJ chapter 28 . 4/30
You just HAD to end this chapter with that joke!? Oh I laughed, and then choked...poor Fred...
sweetxfire chapter 32 . 4/24
You know exactly how to break hearts. Even knowing Fred's fate it still broke my heart your writing of Ginnys view of it. I'm now sniffling at Wal-Mart as I wait to get a new tire and getting strange looks from people. Almost done, but loving it so far.
livebyinsanity chapter 35 . 3/31
I loved this! It was an amazingly beautiful story!
Molly2471 chapter 35 . 3/5
I've been reading your story since I saw a link you posted on reddit. It's a great story, touching and creative. I like how you filled in the blanks, came up with little details and I love how you wrote Ron when he found out Harry had gone into the forest.

It started out little underwhelming, when it seemed like the only trouble at Hogwarts was centered around Ginny and her friends. But after a while the scale of the problems became more clear and it showed how the whole school and the wizarding world at large was affected. And the way you wrote the Carrows was spot on.

I could only spot one mistake and one thing that I found odd. It wasn't Dobby who apparated them to Shell Cottage, but Harry. I noticed it because more people seem to think it was Dobby, but if you read that part of the book, it clearly shows that Harry was the one disapparating. As for the other thing, I found it odd that Colin was still taking pictures during the battle and George was so cheerful during the hour Voldemort gave them to collect their dead. I would think that both of them would realise the gravity of the situation. Colin would be too busy fighting for his life to make photos, and while it's in character for George to want to cheer people up, he had just fought in the battle and found out that several people he knew had died. He was just a little bit more cheerful than was appropriate, even for him.

Other than those very minor things, I really enjoyed your story. I think I also read your story about Harry having to deal with an over exited trainee auror before, but since you said on reddit that you tend to put little details about the wizarding world into your stories I'm going to take another look at that one as well. Thanks for the story, I loved it.
SheLitAFire chapter 18 . 2/27
Oh damn, I was wrong.
SheLitAFire chapter 17 . 2/27
I'm trying to remember if it's canon or not, but was it Snape who sent the anonymous message that the trio was ok to Potterwatch? Seems like he'd be the only one to really know with Phineas' portrait in Hermione's purse. And something he'd do anyway. Sorry, I love Snape so I'll always look for the best in him as our triple agent.
SheLitAFire chapter 12 . 2/26
I love the humor in this chapter, with Seamus and Terry during the D.A. meeting lol
Neville7472 chapter 1 . 2/25
This was a wonderful story!
David Martin chapter 35 . 2/21
Thank you for allowing me to see your world. It was..., well it was beyond words thank you.
Oh god my heart
I feel like this needs a final chapter though
ThePurpleWriter25 chapter 35 . 2/11
This was amazing.
SmilingRoses chapter 35 . 1/28
Wow. This is perhaps the best DH story I have read. Your writing truly transported me into the story and made me feel exactly what the characters were feeling. The way you write emotions and describe the scene is incredible. It is very clear that you put a lot of thought and planning into this story to fill in and give backstories and explanations to all the events that were said in passing in the book. The way you weaved in Hagrid's "Support Harry Potter" party and the other half of Lily Potter's picture and how everyone was able to send messages on the coins truly gave an extra layer and depth to the story and filled in all missing pieces in an organic and natural way. I truly enjoyed reading this and I expect I will go back and reread this story many more times in the future. Thank you for sharing this lovely story with us and taking us on Ginny's journey.
Haley Renee chapter 35 . 1/22
*crying* Thank you so much for writing this. Truly beautiful.