Reviews for Not From Others
fahshw4jf chapter 1 . 10/15
. Holy shit. This was fucking amazing. It really felt like a real HP book. I've never read fan fiction before and I'm so glad I started with this one.
This story is literally just as good as the deathly hallows itself! The part when Fred died got me really emotional and it's super well written
mioneweasley-witch chapter 7 . 10/4
This was hard to read but you wrote Remus at his most difficult really well. I'm reminded of the stress I had reading DH for the first time when my two favourite characters, Ron and Remus, had moments of abandoning-their-loved-ones-fueled-by-crippling-self-doubt, it was a rough time!
mioneweasley-witch chapter 6 . 10/4
Wow, I love the angst in this chapter, it is so well done and the tension is palpable. I especially love it because Remus is one of my favourite characters. Your Tonks is delightful and so are all the Weasleys. The Death Eaters were terrifyingly malicious in their taunting.
This is the best FanFiction ever. Even though I hate Romione I liked this fic
This killed me
This is so sad because Remus won't get to play gobstones with him nor will Tonks teach him to change his hair nor will they see him off to Hogwarts. Now I'm crying
Fuck I knew it was coming but it still shocked me
Oh shit. This is amazing writing
Brochi chapter 13 . 9/24
Such a good idea to involve kreacher here..love seeing ideas of what happened when they tried to steal the sword. Really enjoying your story so far xx
noraborealis chapter 35 . 9/13
This is truly a magnificent work of fanfiction. Your Ginny is full, in equal measures, of fiery bravery and human vulnerabilities. I've left this story with an even deeper appreciation and understanding of her than before (and believe me, she was one of my favorite characters before!) which is a testament to your skill as a writer. While you stay true to Ginny's perspective, every other character, too, is masterfully crafted, no matter how large or small their role in this story or canon may be. On that note, your attention to canonical detail is admirable. You took just about every detail there is about Ginny and Dumbledore's Army's involvement in the war, fleshed it out and put it in. This story contains so many elements, each one woven in masterfully.

The way you captured the Weasley family spoke to me in particular. I'm one of five kids myself, and although we're very different from the Weasleys, the portrayal of a big, bantering, protective, chaotic, wonderful family- each one of us stubborn and passionate in our own way, who have our fair share of conflict and tension, but above all else have more fierce loyalty and unconditional love towards each other than could be imagined- hit very close to home. Fred's death was heart-wrenchingly written. Everyone's grief was so painful it was hard to bear, but one paragraph tugged at my heartstrings in particular. It was when Ginny was thinking of returning to the Burrow and having the chaos of the busy house and going on adventures in the yard outside and drink hot chocolate and have their sibling teasing and banter and laughter- all of them there together- before realizing that could never happen again. I haven't had to lose a sibling, but the realization that the joy and togetherness of childhood is gone has been hitting me hard recently. Now I want to go to each member of my family in turn, whether that be in person or on the phone, and tell them how much I love them and that my world would be destroyed if anything were to happen to them.

On that note, this story brought tears to my eyes multiple times. Oddly enough, I found that it wasn't the depictions of darkness that did it, but the displays of bravery and hope and love and light amidst that darkness. When Lupin and Tonks had Teddy, and they were happier than they'd ever been- despite everything that was going on, despite their ultimate fates- I tell you, I needed tissues. Another particularly moving depiction of light was Ginny's interview with Potterwatch, and her about our strength having to come from ourselves- not from others.

I have even more that I could gush about, but this review is ridiculously long as is. Just know that your storytelling has moved me tremendously. I do not know how the situation with your mom has evolved since you posted this, but I am glad you were able to find strength and purpose with this story. Keep on fighting and finding light from within yourself.
bentown chapter 35 . 8/22
Thank you for writing this. I've really enjoyed it.
WOW! I didn't sleep for 2 days because i was so obsessed with this! This was beautiful and tragic and funny at the same time. And your Ginny is really authentic! Thank you for this great work, i will definitly check out your other stories!
This was amazing to read and I am so glad that it helped you!

- Love anonymous
DaughterofAthena00 chapter 1 . 8/1
This was amazing to read. You are an amazing writer, and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was exactly how things happened while the trio was on the run. Great work!