Reviews for An Affair or Something
yeaaaahhhh I read chapter 11 . 5/11
Goddamn I hope Collage Fool is currently writing a book because holy shit this man is good.
Trabelna chapter 11 . 4/25
This absolutely fucking brilliant. Wow. For the first time in a LONG time a work of art has quite literally demolished my emotions. I wanted to scream, to cry, to do SOMETHING. Props to you, my friend. Wherever you are, bless your mind for gifting us this masterpiece.
idkusernameoatbuit chapter 11 . 1/27
Every time I re-read this story I’m reminded how bad it’s moral is, and how it’s a broken Aesop even otherwise.
Ashalim chapter 11 . 12/3/2021
God. I love this story, but I HATE reading it. I just can't handle this much angst.

Man, I remember first reading this, my gut wrenches with sadness. Thankfully it has happy ending.

10/10. Masterpiece
Hazimuka chapter 1 . 10/19/2021
While i was skeptical of reading this due to dropping knight of lancaster which seemed to have the same writing style, this seems like a very interesting. Unless the POV changes and Jaune is shown to be an unreliable narrator, his current situation is all his fault. He could have worked harder when he was young to not have to rely on nepotism, he could have tried making his own friends and not only having Ruby's handdowns. Hell, while his children ignoring him does suck but he isn't much of a role model for them to follow.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/26/2021
Got to love people down playing the mental health of Men .. While ignoring The Evils of Cheating women
Guest chapter 11 . 5/26/2021
Wrong the worst kind of people are cheaters and Homewreakers.. There is No excuse for cheating. Lol
DoomMarine55 chapter 8 . 4/19/2021
Glad Ruby's "affair" was subverted. That being said i'm still blaming Jaune. If he had just manned up and stopped being such a bitch none of this would have happened. He though Ruby had an affair? Confront her about it to find out the truth. He's not happy at work? Quit and find something better. Upset at the kids. Quit being such a passive agressive candy ass ans start being a parent. No wonder they don't respect him, he doesn't even respect himself.

Jaune's an adult. It's pathetic that he needs Pyrrha to come and hold his hand during his problems.
DoomMarine55 chapter 7 . 4/19/2021
Wow Jaune's a real piece of shit. At this point Ruby SHOULD cuck him with Cardin. Also the reveal of them not being his children was kind of half assed. It seems like it exists to absolvd Jaune of his shitty behavior to make Ruby look like a hypocrite.

Also attacking the kids because they're not his makes him lower then scum. They didn't chose to come into the world.
DoomMarine55 chapter 3 . 4/19/2021
Eh in all honest not a fan. Jaune seems like kind of a crybaby here. Yeah he hasn't accomplished anything but that's not Ruby's fault. She's not obligated to help him pursue a career he would be terrible at and we have proof of how terrible he is. Canon!Jaune sucks as a hunter. The only reason he hasn't been killed is because his friends pull his hut out of the fire.

But this Jaune has never tried to make anything of himself. He just wallows in his own misery and deflects all his flaws and blames other people. I hope he becomes more self aware. Pyrrha is the one whose coddling him Ruby's just telling him some inconvinient truths.
DoomMarine55 chapter 2 . 4/19/2021
Okay I can buy Ruby being a bit neglectful to Jaune's emotional needs.

I can buy his children (who have no names) thinking their dad is kind of lame and not spending alot of time with him.

But a bunch of kids tieing a member of the faculty to a tree and beating him up while his children just watch? Cardin basicslly saying infront of everyone that he'd be down to cuck Jaune and Ruby siding with Cardin?

You're strecthing the believability a bit my dude.
thetickingclock18 chapter 11 . 1/11/2021
The thing is, Ruby never properly acknowledged him or his dream. The children were just the icing on the cake. The real threat was her lack of faith in him. In the finale, she never comes to realize that, instead playing on the 'sorry' and children plea. Said in the beginning was that she was always aware of Jaune's issues (whenever he was drunk and talking to strangers at the bar). Aside from Summer's quote, she had little to do in character development. The finale in fact painted her as saintly by choosing to 'reconciliate', while in reality her communication has not in fact improved at all. I cannot fault your planning, only your execution. She needed to come to the same empathy and level as Pyrrha in order to compete with her. The reason she chooses to give Jaune a choice of the future of their marriage can be interpreted that way, but I find it a weak statement compared to Pyrrha's decision to not elope.
In the epilogue, it looks more like it is due to the threat of Jaune leaving that forces Ruby to give him what he wants, not her realization, respect and acknowledgement of the nature of Jaune's self. For this reason, it seems that it is that Jaune stayed in the marriage for the sake of the children, not his bond with Ruby. Again, an unreasonable focus placed on them when the core fracture was in the matter of Ruby's faith in Jaune.
Visual Bliss chapter 3 . 12/5/2020
Wow I didn't notice it all that much but jaune is weak everywhere lol
JohnJuanRamboJr35 chapter 11 . 2/28/2020
Read this story under two hours and I got to say I regret nothing cause this story had me and all those twist and turns were honestly amazing
eyelashh1 chapter 1 . 2/7/2020
Oh I remember this and how hard it was for me to read cos of Ruby’s mistakes... it kinda reminds me of how Ruby treated Jaune in The Knight of Lancaster or something except Jaune isn’t king and Ruby and Jaune met outside of anything related to hunters and huntresses.