Reviews for Interlude
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
All that raw emotion and anguish - where Dean came back broken from Hell. When Sam is used to being slapped away and Dean bends and bends and bends ... but now, he's broken. I love how you captured all that emotional turmoil.

and now Sam's got a traitorous thought - Dean is WEAK. A weary body and a broken mind crying uncle on Dean, with no real intention on his part to break down. It's become too easy to sneak out on Dean.

Sam calling Ruby for answers, but she really doesn't give him any. Except Dean's lying, that he remembers.

Heart aches for Dean curling up in a brand new extremely uncomfortable-looking configuration (even as I was smiling over your description) as he jerks and fights his way through his dreams. And Sam listening to Dean for hours struggle through nightmares before falling into a restless slumber.

Hard story to read, because of the emotional impact. Extremely well-written... just like Supernatural, ripping out your heart to stomp a bit on it, before handing it back.
gr8read chapter 1 . 8/9/2015
This was very good.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
Ooh now this takes me back. Sam and Dean lying to each other to protect each other, keeping secrets... It's not like them at all, really!

I liked how you captured season 4 Sam's tone here, how he's worried about Dean and feeling guilty about Ruby, but somehow what's he's doing with Ruby is becoming more important to him than worrying about Dean.
CornishGirl chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
Not long ago I was reflecting that Dean's heart really has taken many hits. Started with Faith, of course, but also Hendrickson, as detailed here; plus the Mayan diety, plus the near-miss in Yellow Fever where his heart was about to burst. And of course it stopped altogether in In My Time of Dying. But this is the only time Dean's ever admitted he *wasn't* "fine," which I found interesting. Nice exploration from Sam's POV. As always, you do excellent introspection and characterization!
LunaRains chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
this is good keep it up
borgmama1of5 chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
You got the angst and the messed-up relationship down pat...