Reviews for Dreams of an Everyday Housewife
MsChrisAnn chapter 1 . 11/6/2020
Oh this was such a sad story. Thank goodness for the last two paragraphs.
Truckee Gal chapter 1 . 8/3/2018
You brought me along with Amanda's hopes and dreams; aching for her as they were repeatedly dashed while Joe realized his. They truly were mismatched from the start as she succumbed to being a housewife and mother. Amanda placed her focus on raising Phillip and Jamie, who thrived with her love.

In the nick of time, settling for "solid and dependable" was tossed to the wayside as she embraced the challenge and excitement life offered with Lee Stetson and The Agency. This was an awesome story, beautifully told and perfectly accomplished.
darnchts chapter 1 . 2/8/2016
"Everything turned out okay" "Yeah, but okay's not good enough for you". Wow..did you ever make sure to tie up all those emotions. We so seldom really saw how much heartache Amanda really had suffered because she did such a great job trying to keep everyone else happy. It is usually those people who have suffered the most losses. It is interesting how both Lee and Amanda had so much heartache in the past and were destined to find each other. This little story helps illustrate at least Amanda's. I think I felt her sorrow more in this than I ever did from the show. And the fact that she was willing to settle for Dean even though he would have brought the same boring life to her that Joe did. Thank you so much for this story.
CindyDee chapter 1 . 8/11/2015
How wonderful! Short, but sweet.
stephanie.baughn.7 chapter 1 . 8/10/2015
I love this story! You can see clearly the disappointment, dreamless, and unhappiness that she had with Joe. When Lee came along her dreams were once again alive and she had it all with him.
spying eyes chapter 1 . 8/9/2015
Very poignant! Joe wasn't a bad person. He just wasn't right for Amanda. When you give up dreams without new ones to replace them, it takes a heavy toll. Then Lee asks Amanda to, "Just walk with me." and new dreams are born. Beautifully and masterfully done.
LaCorelli chapter 1 . 8/9/2015
Such a lovely story with very evocative writing. All those lost dreams and then she found what she was looking for in such an unexpected way.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/7/2015
Beautiful!
DaisyDay chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
Oh wow, what a beautiful, heartfelt one shot!
Amanda kept experiencing disappointment after disappointment until someone uttered a simple "Walk with me".
Then Lee came into her life and she found her partner and soul mate.
So lovely!
Pamkins86 chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
Great story. I could picture the story and Amanda's heartache and lost dreams . Lee made het dteams come true and she did the same for him. They were truly soul mates.
amy.werner.794 chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
Very well written. Loved this look at Amanda's lost dreams over the years.
JennieJoy72 chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
Wow! I was wondering when I would see another SMK from you and boy was it worth waiting for. This was wonderful. All the descriptions, feelings, pain, complacement, and joy. I loved it.