Reviews for Like a Wildfire Burning
hpark7310 chapter 1 . 3/31/2020
w o w. i stumbled onto this completely accidentally, have almost no understanding of the source... and i was completely transfixed. i actually had to put my phone down to process at some points. amazing work. absolutely amazing.
Beyondtoday chapter 1 . 5/17/2019
This is an excellent story. You handled this topic with flare and perhaps personal knowledge. Nonetheless, it was very informative of the illness and we can see how this has affected our dear pointy-eared friend. I would have not made the connection before, because we all know Vulcans do no require as much nourishment on a regular schedule, however, this only goes so far now. In my own stories I will keep this in mind. Thank you for a wonderfully written story.
sirius-gray chapter 1 . 2/15/2019
God, I love this story so much. I keep coming back to it over and over. True to Spock's character and grounded beautifully in the mindset of mental illness. It makes me feel less alone. Thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/1/2018
Everyone is so unbelievably in character and you have described the progression of anorexia in unnerving detail. Very well done.
Heather Snow chapter 1 . 1/4/2017
Unique premise. I felt that you kept Spock in character despite the unusual circumstances. I enjoyed how this was carried out, but I felt the ending was a bit abrupt.
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 1 . 9/27/2016
Wow. Beautiful. I love how you've managed to take something which at first may seem completely-unlike the show and its existing elements (i.e. anorexia) and turn it into something that could be seen as canonical. Not only that, but you've also made it a channel through which is expressed the concern and friendship that these three individuals share (especially overlyprotective and fatherly Bones. I can't get enough of him worrying over people. Especially Kirk and Spock).

In short, this was wonderfully written, and I enjoyed it immensely. :)
InkWizard chapter 1 . 9/5/2016
Wow. That was really good. Thank you for writing this story!
-InkWizard
Tiro chapter 1 . 9/4/2016
So, so, soo good! Oh my god, it was painful but so good! Everything, from the plot to the scenes to the characters... oh, well done you. Truly well done.
Radar-rox chapter 1 . 8/26/2016
OH MY GOD this was amazing. Very well crafted, definitely believable in terms of Spock's reasoning/rationalisations, woven magnificently into the series and excellent characterisation throughout. Bones' exasperation was welcome bits of comic relief. Very big well done!
Zhi'rev chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
This is really well written and a fascinating idea. I wish you would do more. :( Your TOS fanfucs are the whole reason I decided to join.
That-Flying-Breadstick-Wizard chapter 1 . 6/23/2016
This is just so well-written and real and I really appreciate it.
Pinwheel chapter 1 . 6/16/2016
"Very well, Mr. Spock. You haven't put away enough food to satisfy a tribble, is what I'm saying."

Bones, much as I love ya, that ain't sayin' anythin' special's a-goin' on here. Tribbles eat a lot, y'see. In case ye'd fergotten.
Someone chapter 1 . 4/19/2016
Oh, gods, no... the ending... Truly talented writing.
tanseynz chapter 1 . 11/26/2015
A fascinating narrative, beautifully written and almost scary in the way the thought processes are explained. I certain found some of Spock's conclusions and yet the way he acted in opposition to them disturbing yet explainable, given how most people do it in some way, almost as a form of self punishment.
As a trip into someone's psyche, it was a real eyeopener.
ahmatar chapter 1 . 9/26/2015
This is one of the best fanfics I have ever read, and by far the best story where Spock does something "non-canon". I was expecting some basic angst/hurt/comfort, but all the characters act believably. Also, there is nothing in the episodes that would directly contradict your fic's premise, nothing that I can think of at least. I have already read this three times, great work!