Reviews for Smoke & Mirrors
englishtutor chapter 1 . 4/1/2016
This is lovely, perfect, wonderful! I love the whole idea. You are a genius!
Bunnyrabbit100 chapter 1 . 10/10/2015
Thanks. That helps to give background to that set of lines in the show that I never quite understood what they related to. They kind of seemed to appear out of nowhere.
FangFan chapter 1 . 9/26/2015
Just found this. What can I say other than that this another perfect gem of a story. Overall tone and characterizations are so in keeping with what we've seen on screen that this could easily be cannon. Please keep giving us more of these lovely, well-written back stories.
ijustsigneduptofollow chapter 1 . 9/25/2015
I enjoyed this very much!

I particularly liked how Sherlock would listen to a total stranger, when all the diatribes from Mycroft, making the exact same point, would have gone in one ear and out the other. (Isn't that just the way of it- people rarely listen to the ones who know them best.)

And I love Molly backstory, so there's that. :)

*off to stalk the rest of your stories*
JolieBlack chapter 1 . 9/25/2015
Oh my! This is seriously, seriously great.

Love your Sherlock - grumpy and stroppy, but ultimately just sad and lonely. (Love "And then you found Jesus. How good for you.")

Love your OC - I could totally see and hear him, the poor man. And I totally didn't get who he was, until he said "my daughter's studying to be a doc". That's just such a brilliant idea.

And I like the explanation what his own job was, too. One has to wonder where someone as sweet and compassionate as Molly got the idea that doing autopsies was the right job for her! Great bit of backstory here. And I love Will deducing Sherlock's trouble - now we know where Mollly gets that from, too!

And of course you don't need to convince me that screenplay format works fantastically well for "Sherlock". :-D

So, the short of it is, this absolutely needs to go in the Canon Addicts community. I won't put ten new stories in it every day, so people actually get a chance to keep up with it, but I'm making a note of this one and it will definitely be among one of the next updates.
Mme.Snowwhitepink chapter 1 . 8/16/2015
Perfect!
I love your writing very much. I hope you will write more.
GhyllWyne chapter 1 . 8/7/2015
This is absolutely brilliant. I wish I could write in screenplay format and make it as vivid and visual as this. I could see every moment, smell the garden. Hear every sound. I'm adding this story and you to my favorites right this moment.

Molly Hooper's dad. I didn't see it coming at all until the girl with the ponytail appeared. Perfect back story for an iconic scene.
Amollygamation chapter 1 . 8/7/2015
That was lovely. Thank you for writing it!