Reviews for A Brand New Start
elixirmaster chapter 3 . 10/24/2022
This is really neat.
elixirmaster chapter 1 . 10/24/2022
I like the pocketspace - I'd miss being able to say the word empty.
subhogue chapter 26 . 10/10/2022
I liked this, but for some reason it didn't quite grab me in an unrelenting hold that forced me to keep reading like the rest of your stories that I've read. That is not at all to say that this isn't a brilliant story and I'm still going to read the sequel, but something about it I just didn't like quite as much. Maybe I'm just at a point where I need to take a break from reading hp fanfics and just come back later. Other then my own issues, this story was well written and brilliant to read.
Daemoniorum chapter 26 . 10/10/2022
Rather enjoyed it
Guest chapter 24 . 10/8/2022
I think this story was dragged more than necessary. Especially Pandora Lovegood part. Then on top of that Harry Potter junior was never informed about the life he would have had if Master Of Death Harry Potter Senior would not have arrived back in time and about who his Uncle Hydrus is. He more than others had the right to know.
Guest chapter 7 . 10/8/2022
You should have shown Harry leaving Teddy series of letters or booklets and memories telling him about his life story himself, not that prejudiced bitch Andromeda.
The Hallowed Man chapter 6 . 10/5/2022
Why is the information important to Hermione, when it's not even concerning her?
The Hallowed Man chapter 5 . 10/5/2022
Why does she want to know EVERYTHING L!
Really dislike her for that.
AnAnya Contd chapter 3 . 9/12/2022
maybe it's just me, but I doubt I'd remain friends with people who demand constantly that I give up my privacy. here, both George and Hermione seem to demand and invade Harry's right to privacy and the boy doesn't bat an eyelid? after the war, with the life he's lived, why is he still being pushed around by people like that and Ron and still not reacting? odd...
keht.jelicho chapter 7 . 9/8/2022
isn't Hydrus' 65 million pounds going to be unusable in many cases? the dates and appearances changed a lot in 30 years (assuming he goes back to early 80s from 2010). if it is 65 million in various precious metals (doubt he could legally acquire that much in gold, at least not easily) then its a matter of what the conversion rate in 2010 is and how much it compares to the rates when he goes back, And how much inflation changed the buying power and how that effects what gold/etc is worth. Not that it matters too much (he has "future knowledge" to guide investments that should let him build back up quickly) but he could probably do good for this timeline by leaving what he can't take with him, maybe make big donations to the new muggle-born/raised school? or other philanthropic stuff? idk
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 10 . 9/1/2022
Suddenly I have a flashback to that telly show, "Three Men and a Baby"
Dark-Prince-of-Clowns chapter 7 . 9/1/2022
Small tip I pass on directly from a YouTube video of JK Rownlin;

"You, as the author, MUST know everything. But it is equally important to not tell the reader everything."

(She also edited the trainride a bunch of times and removed about half of what she'd written because it gave away too much of the story. Stephen King does the same.)

7 chapters of this fic COULD have been chipped down to one chapter Intro, and left everything else a mystery... and it would have been a better story for it.

(Because I am so, SO bored with all the dregery details and pre-quell story at this point that I've given up reading more until he gets Harry and the story REALLY starts.)

From what I can see you're pretty good at the writing part, and your ideas are intresting...

But don't boggle down your readers with details on how Harry got a house, fixed money, and all those boring details.

KNOW it, but don't share it. Or at least only have it come out as a by-sentence later. Perhaps in a conversation where someone questions him about it.

Technical details are important...but boring. As is Prologues.

And all Prologues works better as a Prequell posted seperatly, and AFTER the Main Story.

The story "The Nightmare Man" is an amazing fanfic, and that is in no small part because you know NOTHING about what happened before the start of the story, and only gets bits and pieces.

And then, at the end of the story, you're DYING to know MORE, and THAT is when you find out there is a Pre-Quell (a sequel that goes back in time), and you learn WHY he ended up where he started.

Amazing story. Well worth reading.

I don't mean it as a criticism, mind you. You do do. And if you absolutely want to do it the way it is, then by all means.

I just figured you'd be happy with some good, published-author aproved advice that can make you become and even better writer. _

I look forward to see what happens. _
primalparadox chapter 3 . 8/28/2022
This end of chapter about the mechanics of the time travel would make better sense if it was at the start of the chapter. At the current beginning you have him handing out gold and later giving out some of the research papers. If he's going back in time he'd be effectively destroying those resources when he goes back, leaving them behind in a time that never happened.

If you explain about the branching timeline method he's hoping for it'd make all the charity seem like actual charity instead of stupidity, which is kinda what it looks like if he does it all before looking into how he's going back in time.
Guest chapter 24 . 8/26/2022
Well, Luna could STILL go to Hogwarts, right? RIGHT?
Guest chapter 21 . 8/26/2022
I love this story, have read it several times, and always wished there was a "Part 2" about HH going to another Universe/TimeLine/plot point and doing it all again, maybe have after that a short where Harry goes on a vacation and Things Happen, etc. You could have a LOT of fun with this - some stories could be funny, others much more dramatic, maybe having HH popping into a story where "their" Harry had been killed at some point (also plot point) and Saving the World, etc.
1,944 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »