Reviews for That Which Never Tarnishes
M-Angel 05 chapter 1 . 7/9/2016
I'm sad that this could possibly have happened to Zeno.

Good writing though!
DAIrinchan chapter 1 . 3/5/2016
Aww, poor babies. It’s really scary the way Zeno can just zone out and lose a day or a decade or a century. I’ve thought a lot about the way immortality can affect memory – you have too much for your head, so you end up forgetting important things, and don’t know when you are or who you’re with. But it’s even scarier to just lose track, to stop for however long and then when you start again to not be sure where you left off. And poor Shin-ah is the worst-equipped to deal with this, which is of course why he’s the one who has to. But at the same time, as you point out in the fic, it’s his own lack of human experience that lets him empathize with what Zeno is going through. Even though he wishes he were one of the others who know what to say, in this case they wouldn’t be able to handle it so well. On another note, i think this fic may have gotten me to start shipping Zeno and Shin-ah.
Novalia chapter 1 . 10/25/2015
This was splendid. I've been in love with Shin-Ah since I first saw him. This detailed analysis of how he thinks and behaves was in-tune with his character and amazingly human. Thank you.

The pairing itself somehow is not mismatched. The two are related in their long periods of loneliness and what's more Zeno's immortality is unnerving. But wonderfully so.

Your writing style is beautiful besides. You stray from attempting to sound like anime-manga and communicate directly with how readers experience the world. Perhaps that was unintentional, but I greatly appreciate that. You also have good balance between describing what's happening and the characters speaking. You're great!
Queen Banh Bao chapter 1 . 9/3/2015
Ah! So cute... I love it. Write more you're good a this!
RantingArrows chapter 1 . 8/25/2015
That-that was so beautiful ;.; I loved the imagery, because holy crap it was so vivid and amazing (I reread the part where Shin-ah first studies Zeno in the moonlight several times just for the hell of it; it was mesmerizing ) The relationship between Zeno and Shin-ah is so well written, and it makes *sense* (though it doesn't seem like it at first glance, since their personalities are so different). Because there'd be a certain sense of understanding and empathy there, more-so than from the rest of the group AND IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY AND SO SAD
Crystal chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
Thanks for the story! It made me cry T.T poor Zeno...
lil flowerpot chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
I actually might cry this is just /heartwrenching/ and I honestly cannot deal with the emotional impact your wroting has on me - quite honestly it's beautiful in the most sorrowful sense and I will treasure this story's existence until the end of time
Jengurl24 chapter 1 . 8/13/2015
Wow, what a great oneshot!

I've had my suspicions ever since Zeno was first introduced (I think most did, the hints were everywhere) but having my prediction confirmed now that I've caught up to the latest chapter and seeing the backstory layed out like that...poor Zeno. And out of all the Yona characters, I agree that a deeper understanding between Shin-Ah and Zeno makes sense; their wildly different personalities makes it even better. None of the other characters can really come close to understanding what Shin-Ah went through, let alone Zeno (not that that's a bad thing or that they don't try, but there's a difference between sympathy and empathy).

I also like how you touched on something I was thinking while reading the latest chapters: the Ouryuu's power grants an immortal and invincible body, but what about the mind? Sure, physically his brain would regenerate like the rest of him, but simply put, humans just aren't meant to live that long. Having periods of time where his mind just sort of...shuts off for a while makes sense.

Okay, I could character analyze all day but I'll spare you. My point is, I really loved this and I think you have a very good grasp of all the characters, nothing seemed OOC to me, even Jae-Ha's brief appearance. I also think you wrote Shin-Ah's thoughts and perspective wonderfully!

I hope you write more for the Akatsuki no Yona fandom! Maybe a follow-up on this (I'm curious about that barely there Shin-Ah/Zeno that you alluded to)? Or even just some whole group interactions, I think those would be fun reading since you write the characters so well. Just a thought. Anyway, thanks for the great fic!