Reviews for Keep Your Loving Brother Happy
Beautiful.Lives chapter 1 . 10/30/2017
This OS is so perfect, but you just broke my heart (yes, again)!
Really, what he did looks so much like the image I have of Fili! Even though I don't agree with Thorïn: this was maybe a little selfish of his, he may didn't think enough about the consequences of his act on Kili (but he didn't really have the time, so I gladly forgive him). And that is why I actually love Fili so much! He loves his brother so much that he would do anything for him...
I also liked the second part of your OS very much, because well, everyone was just so worried for Fili, just like I was! And Fili's thoughts... They were just perfect, illustrating again his great relationship with his brother!
Thank you so much for this wonderful work! :)
livyyellow chapter 1 . 8/12/2016
This was very well written and I loved how you portrayed Fili Kili and Thorin's characters, excellent job! I adore this story so much :D
BM originally chapter 1 . 3/3/2016
I really have been meaning to review this and kept it pinned to my tabs forever, but I admit freely that I'm a terrible procrastinator and every time I came online, I'd see the tab there and think "ah, I'll do it later". Until tonight, when shockwave in Farmheroes crashed Firefox and when I reopened it, I found my tabs all missing! But that's to your benefit, cause I thought I'd better review now while I remembered what I had saved!

I don't know how I missed this story! I was following Arrow closely and keeping a sharp eye out for updates, and I skim every evening to see if a new story that's within my limits has been posted, but somehow I overlooked this gem. I loved this story, though! The bad guys were absolutely nasty! I imagine that Dwalin would have kicked them several more times even after they were dead for what they had done to Fili and Kili.

Kili's fear is palpable, though he shows fire even though he is scared to death. He tried so hard, so very hard, and while I understand why Fili did what he did-even can think that Fili made the right choice-at the same time, I don't think it would have spared Kili the guilt; I think he would have stilled blamed himself for Fili's choice.

And poor Fili-he made a hard choice, but Thorin understands and respects it and is just so very relieved that he got there in time! Does he ever get that through Fili's head, though?

I can imagine Thorin's absolute blind panic as he comes upon this scene! He and Dwalin both were probably equally terrified and enraged! With a shot like that, I'm assuming Thorin is the one to teach Kili the bow? :) The idea in fan fiction that dwarves never used a bow, calling it an elvish weapon, really doesn't make much sense to me. While they wouldn't use a long bow, dwarves are quite practical and even if they didn't invent the bow, I'm sure that quickly saw the use of it! They might love a good battle, but considering the slow growth of their people, I wouldn't think they'd rashly waste lives needlessly (well, usually, when they aren't being affected by gold sickness or evil rings...) And of course, their idea of a justification for war doesn't always match ours in modern society...

In any case, I'd say Kili probably through that harmonica into the first river he came to, and I doubt he'd ever touch one again or even want to hear one any more.

So, is that an adequate review? lol I did love this story, though I'm curious as to where it took place, how old the boys were exactly, and whether Thorin ever got through to Fili that he did good! :)
booksfoodmusic-minion chapter 1 . 2/18/2016

Now write it from Kili's pov. :D
Filikilirp chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
Man I hope this gets a sequel! This was amazing! Thank you for sharing! 3
Italian Hobbit chapter 1 . 8/13/2015
Auuughhhh I love this so much. I remember loving it when you showed it to me quite a while ago, and I love it just as much now. I think my favorite part of this is when Fíli wakes up and his mind is not functioning properly... you narrate it so well, so that we can piece it together and yet it's still confusing. Beautiful work. I love it.

Oh Fíli, our guilt-ridden lion prince. Will we ever allow him to feel good about himself? (Probably not.)

Thank you for the fic rec, by the way! I should send people over here, too!
sorrellkaren chapter 1 . 8/11/2015
This is an interesting idea for a fic. Men are always such arse holes in the world of dwarves. I hope you tell us why they even did this to the lads. Thorin and Dwalin seems to have dealt with them soon enough. Poor lads it isn't fair to be so traumatized at such a young age. I am reading Arrow as well, so glad to see more fics from you so soon. I love everything you have done.
Brave Wolf Heart chapter 1 . 8/11/2015
Well, I was literally yelling at those men the second I understood what they were up to. That was not cool! Ahhh! Oh, Fíli... Thorin is right, that was a very heroic and selfless (and may I add brave) thing to do. Oh, boy! That captured a young Fíli and Kíli very well. Nice job, adding a little well-written heart ache to my day. And yes Fíli, you ARE a hero! You did what you thought was right.
I loved this as much as I hated it! Please write more Hobbit fics!
vlnelson55 chapter 1 . 8/10/2015
Aw, poor Fili is much too hard on himself!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/10/2015
Please tell me there's a part two?! I so want to see the moment when Fili realized Kili is so upset and angry with him because he tried to sacrifice himself, not for getting them in that situation.
Marigold Faucet chapter 1 . 8/10/2015
Ah, so much better than waiting on me! I don't know what else I could possibly say after all the lovely things I have said about it already. You've reached my kindness quota already.

No, I'm kidding. There are lots of reasons why I love this fic; the sheer horror of the situation (which feels at times to be taken from my childhood nightmares); the innate anger I feel on Kíli's behalf (which is kind of a given now); the heartbreaking realisation that sacrificing himself is the only control Fíli has; and Thorin's badass arrows skills, because Thorin is a badass and wham bam thank you m'am.

I'm so glad you posted it and I'm sorry to have deprived the world of this for so long. This is a great fic and I'm content with the small part I played in it, because you're an awesome writer and gosh darn it, let me bask in your glow.