Reviews for A Link to the Past: A Zelda Legend
Crash77A chapter 6 . 5/24/2004
Very nice. Not the best novelization of an RPG I've seen, but much better than many others I've seen. The only thing that really concerned me was you mentioned that after visiting the fortuneteller, Link sat on a tree stump, thought for a while, and then just up and left. That went by too fast. You should describe what all is going through Link's mind. Also, beating up soldiers and collecting rupees and treasures and stuff are elements of the game, and don't fit well into a story. You might want to change that stuff around and add some originality to it. For instance, maybe have a soldier not yet affected by Agahnim's spell sneak Link through the castle and give him a boomerang and some rupees and stuff later. Other than that, well done. I hope to see you write more some time.
Tsukasa the mysterious mage chapter 6 . 4/17/2003
Very good so far keep writing

Well done
Platerair Queen chapter 6 . 2/1/2003
So.. when are you going to continue? Loved every chapter I did! Keep it up! :)
Platerair Queen chapter 5 . 2/1/2003
Follow the yellow brick road!... Don't know why I wrote that, but I just had to! Great chapter! Next is chapter 6! :)
Platerair Queen chapter 4 . 2/1/2003
Oh my gawd! Link's uncle was murdered! Yes, I know I'm reviewing your story all in the same day! But meh, doesn't matter! I always give nice reviews! :)
Platerair Queen chapter 3 . 2/1/2003
You know why I review all the chapters? Because it makes the authur feel special! I know it makes me special when people review! And lots of reviews really get one going! Great chapter once again! :)
Platerair Queen chapter 2 . 2/1/2003
Hoo hoo! Great chapter! Yeppers! I'm reading chapter 3 now! :)
Platerair Queen chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
Hey, this is quite a story! :) Really it is! I'm gonna read chapter 2 now! :)
Max chapter 6 . 1/27/2003
do you always write this good or is it just in your free time? you have impressed me, which is not easy to do.
Hellknight chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
Good job typing up LTTP.
Hellknight chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
Good job typing up LTTP.
link no miko chapter 6 . 12/31/2002
I wish it were that easy to get there. -_-x Stupid enemies.

And, even though I know what she's gonna say, I always talk to the fortune teller, too. I wish she were that helpful. -x

I love the story of the boy with the flute-it always makes me kinda sad. It's good to see you left it in here, although, it is kinda important, isn't it? Since you can't get into that one dungeon in the Dark World without the flute...

Anywho! Good chapter! I love how you follow the story but not at the same time. Thanks for the new chappie.
link no miko chapter 5 . 12/28/2002
Yeah, I'm guessing the violence is a key factor in that rating, there. Yeah...

Hmm, a few changes, definitely. I always like to think his uncle just kinda...passes out. And then he's just never home, or something.

The conversations seem kinda forced and hurried, but since you have like, nothing, to go on, sometimes that can't be helped. Trying to make a silent character into a vocal one isn't always easy, especially when retelling a tale. But people don't always get straight to the point when talking, either. I dunno, flesh it out some? I love conversation, though, so I'm not the best judge... Your actual descriptions though, those are good and detailed. The fights are well described and the actual travelling in the dungeon is good, too.

Anywho, nice start. Thanks for the new chapter.
link no miko chapter 2 . 12/28/2002
Hmm, no "Zelda is your..." speech?

I was wondering why this is an R rating. I figure it's for violence later on. Ah well, just wondering.

Thanks for the chapter.
link no miko chapter 1 . 12/28/2002
Wow, no one's reviewed yet? That's kinda sad. It's nice to know there are others here that have played the games before Ocarina and Majora. Or, at least played the best game. -x

Um...I can't really think of anything to say about this chapter. Your sentence structure could be varied, though. Instead of every sentence starting out "Link" or "He" try different ways of ordering the sentence. It makes the read more enjoyable.

But as for the story itself...I know it too well already, but you do a good job of portraying the game. I wonder if this will follow the story exactly or have it's own twists and turns? I usually don't read these re-write stories but I think I'll keep up with this one. It's nice actually seeing Link think about everything instead of just doing it.

Thanks for the new read.