Reviews for Hawk and Phoenix
aka Arashi chapter 19 . 7/25/2006
Review Throttle? What is this nonsense! making me waste 30 precious seconds of my time when I could be reviewing! Gah!

OK! So.

First off, I loved the surprise about the female Dwarves. Caught me off guard and I loved it! (I know that's not this chapter, but since I'm reviewing backwards, hehehe) I like getting into Thirgynn's head in the beginning of this chap. Makes me wonder what she feels for Taskkarr? Well, it's not hard to imagine!

Getting to see the Bad Guys is great. It's nice to put a face and a name to the thing that's gonna be haunting your heroes. Yay for evil! Yay for what it does to make the main characters even cooler than they already are!

Again, love the holidays. Very creepy! Judeau getting taken out by the spirits and the evil energies on the evilest night of the year... awesome.. just awesome..

And in part 20, his decision to take matters into his own hands and Beat his curse.. to live with it and be strong enough to handle it. So great. He's finally moved into the Main Character camp... no longer being overshadowed by personalities too great to be competed with. Love how you've explored that concept.
aka Arashi chapter 20 . 7/25/2006
Hey!

As we say in the land of the rising sun, hisashiburi!

It's been a LONG time! I'm not sure if I can accurately express how happy I am to see you back and updating and how happy I am to be back and reading! Let's just say I'm happy, estatic, thrilled, etc etc!

Just the other week or so, I went to the bookstore for the first time in way too long and found 2 new volumes of the Berserk manga! And then that got me thinking about other things I'd been missing out on, and then I got my alert that you'd posted! Coincidence, I think not!

Summer vacation just started at work, but I still have to come in every day and sit through the boredom. I decided to entertain myself these last two days by rereading and then continuing reading the new chaps of this most excellent work of fanfiction.

You know what? There are parts of this fic that have actually joined with my recollections of the later volumes of the manga! It's amazing! I realized "oh wait, this is something that happens in Berserk, not in this story!" Be flattered. I think this story has become canon somewhere in the back of my mind. Like parallel stories about characters that were once together but are now seperated. And though I love the fact that Judeau really can't ever be reunited with the Berserk cast, I keep having this feeling like he Should and Will! The story you've written is that close to the surface of the "reality" of Berserk.

I was thinking about it yesterday on my way home from work, after reading 1-14 of H&P straight through. A work of exquisitely crafted fanfiction is just as "real" as the Anime or Manga that it stemmed from. After a while, we accept our favorite stories as "truth" or "fact" and we can easily argue over details and events, as easily or easier than we could argue over the history of the "real world". We take things we love into our hearts. And that's when a fan is born. The characters ARE real to us, the events Happened.

And in the same way, your story has been elevated to the same level of "reality" that I have ascribed to my favorite games, shows, anime, and manga. It's something I carry around with me, and could easily discuss the plot and the nuances with any other fan of this work of art.

Pretty damn amazing, if you ask me. Gives me a new respect for fanfiction that I think I've lost these years when I've been on the inactive lists for my own writing.

And now I'm going to do something that I should have done when I first started reading your fic (has it been a year or more already?). REVIEW. EVERY. SINGLE. CHAPTER.

There is too much to say and I am limited by a 30 min time limit... so without further ado:

Loved this most recent chapter! I love the holidays you've given this world. So real I keep wondering what you're basing them off of, like "Oh, this must be a holiday somewhere in the world at some point in our history." They're just that good.

I love the Storytelling INSIDE a story! Talk about the sweetness. The story of the Phoenix had me just as transfixed and sentimental as I think Judeau had to have been. Awesome work.

I love that they're finally opening up to each other! It's been a great and natural progression. I can't wait to see where their relationship will go from here, whatever kind of relationship you have in store for them! I love the stuff with the chivalry and Judeau treating her like a girl when she's not so very comfortable with being treated like one. Most excellent!

And now to review in reverse order. Let's see how I do!
Kyree chapter 20 . 7/24/2006
I love this world that you have created in such detail. The more I learn the more amazed I get, you have languages, folklore, social structure, geography, everything. Also I am very happy that you have started to separate Samina from Caska and her life sounds interesting, will we ever meet her pheonix trash children. You said you liked the constructive critism but for this chapter I can't give you any, your writing style has solidified and become smoothe and continuous, without jumping beyond comprehension or get bogged down in details and your grammar and word choice are good. My only recomendation would be to keep doing whatever it is you are doing already because it's working.
Merina chapter 20 . 7/21/2006
Wow! An update! But alas, none for Hearts Eclipsed! Great chapter. It was nice to see Samina open up. I sense a possible relationship! And although it shouldn't have been very Lord of the Ring-ish, the whole thing in the glowing mushroom garden reminds me of Arwen and Aragon when they are kissing at the waterfall! But anways, update BOTH fics again soon!
RisuMusume chapter 20 . 7/21/2006
Yay for updates! I enjoyed it. A lot. Per usual. Anyway... I don't know that I will ever continue my story. I forgot my basic plot. I did steal part of the idea from Judeau having to be like a phoenix... but other than rising from the flames, literally, I don't remember what I was going to do with it. And my brother deleted the files... and I'm afraid it's been too long since I've watched/read Berserk, and I'm afraid I would misrepresent Judeau. So, if I don't continue it, I'll come up with a better summary and send it to you like I told you that I would. Anyway...that's neither here nor there. I like them sharing things, and Samina's definitely appearing more female than before... It's a good way to give the characters depth without simply laying it all out there because they still don't really want to share, but they're too curious to keep hiding and they like each other. I'm eager to see what the Khazuvon wants them for...*smile*
jula chapter 19 . 5/18/2006
I so bought a membership to an internet cafe to finish reading this.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

*bounces around gleefully, for the NEXT CHAPTER!*
Jula chapter 17 . 5/14/2006
concerning Chapter 17:

Patience and sticking with you, like it's some kind of chore? Are you flipping crazy?

It's your superb writing that just keeps us glued here. o.o;

*finally got some time and realized that I wanted to find out what happened next, after all this time* 3 commenting more after I read the rest of 17-19.
Kyree chapter 19 . 5/8/2006
Wow. That was a stressful ending. Now to an honest review: On the whole I really like it so far. My only recommendation would be to avoid the slow places. The story moves very well for the most part but sometimes you get bogged down. Please take this as constructive criticism, not an insult. It is not intended as an insult I love your story. And finally: Judeau fans unite!
Azrael chapter 19 . 4/22/2006
Firstly, my humblest of apologies for not reading and reviewing your story sooner. Secondly i would like to comment that these two chapters were phenominal. i was very impressed with the battles and the enemies, especially the drakelings. I am quite excited to see the development of these events and characters. keep up the good work and i will eagerly await the next installment.

-Azrael
Pissy Abyssinian chapter 19 . 4/14/2006
Bwah, sorry for not reviewing this sooner...thought I'd done it on the night I read it, lol. Anywho, I was bored a while back and completely reread HaP. My conclusion after doing so? Your writing just keeps on getting better. :D Seriously, I think it's awesome that you manage to keep improving yourself over time, it shows real dedication as a writer (a hell of a lot more than I have, that's for sure :) ). Well, here's wishing you the best of luck and, of course, another speedy update! :P
Merina chapter 19 . 4/10/2006
Wow! Another update! I just get more and more shockers today! I'm just joking. But anyway, good chapter once again. And poor Judeau is once again out of it...although it kinda sounds like he is having a really bad trip or something...but just ignore me. Well, I guess I should really stop reading tonight and stop dragging my feet on studying. Update again soon! And I mean both of your fics! You can't leave me hanging on the other one too!
RisuMusume chapter 19 . 4/9/2006
Hehehe. I like, I like. I know. I'm a disappointment with how little I've updated- a.k.a. never- but hey...I have to graduate and I've been working on doing that. Graduating would be nice. When I finish with this major project and my AP tests, I should have more time...I've got some ideas for the next chapter in mine...I just haven't been able to write it yet! Great chapter...and I do wonder what's happened to Judeau...*grin* Back to waiting...and rushing through my work so that I can write!
Drachen chapter 18 . 3/25/2006
Ah! OMG! Okay that was a cool surprise. Part of me wants to say I had a feeling, with the whole pommade/vanity thing, but the rest of me is like, "Give it up, you had no idea." Great chapter. The dark elf was totally cool. I have absolutely nothing constructive to say, because I'm still thinking, "OMG!"
NightWolf chapter 18 . 3/24/2006
Man, am I glad I checked back... it's been a few chapters. Keep up the great story!
Bladedancer chapter 17 . 3/6/2006
not my fault I was drowning myself in coffee.A hail Caffiene!
248 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »