Reviews for Phoning it in
DiveLord chapter 26 . 8/5/2023
I love Transmetropolitan and any reference to Spider Jerusalem makes me happy. His bowel disruptor is the most evil, non-lethal weapon I can think of and there is nothing to cope with it in the Kick-ass world… Justice Forever will be extra effective now, but people will know if they’d been there by the smell.
FriendlyFire59 chapter 26 . 8/5/2023
Thanks for the new chapter. Well, at least Colonel Stars and Stripes didn't ask for the probe gun from 'Destroy All Humans!'
1Batman4u chapter 26 . 8/3/2023
Merlin gave Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl wallcrawling and web creation by transferring attributes from insects to humans. If Merlin ever traveled to “Harry Potter,” could he transfer traits to an animagus’ animal form BUT NOT THEIR HUMAN FORM? For example, giving Professor McGonagall’s cat form a Threstal’s ability to only be visible to those who have witnessed death, and then modifying it into generic invisibility that works on everyone (plus an on and off switch).

SERIOUS JUSTIFICATION:
Merlin limiting the power of invisibility so it can only be used while in animal form cuts down on potential abuse; i.e. good for sneaking around but bad for thievery and robbing people.

SEMI-CRACK JUSTIFICATION:
In pop culture, Merlin is often portrayed as a trickster mentor who wants to encourage creativity and out-of-the-box thinking, so having a power that can only be used while in animal form will force people to use their brains.

Bonus silliness if Merlin tells Dumbledore that the modified animagus’ fur can be used to craft invisibility cloaks (like Demiguise fur in canon), as Professor McGonagall would NOT be happy getting shaved bald just so the Order of the Phoenix can have more invisibility cloaks.

Scene:
Dumbledore: “It was for the Greater Good.”

McGonagall: (furless cat) “Hiss!”

Dumbledore: “Invisibility cloaks are so hard to come by, I couldn’t pass on such a valuable resource for the Order of the Phoenix.”

McGonagall: (furless cat) “Mrfh!”
Rubel chapter 26 . 8/3/2023
So in honor of a new chapter I decided to do a reread.
I can't believe I didn't notice the vials were the Power Pack Powers
Also is Murphy Stich in black paint/ink cause he's in mourning?

And I still giggle a little at the term "Swiss Army Penis"

And the bowel disruptor is a very good reason not to be an asshole around him.
SonicTundra chapter 26 . 8/3/2023
this is fun, thank you for posting
Guest chapter 26 . 8/1/2023
Oh god

Bowel Disruptor

Terrifying

Humiliatingly painful

Personally I would have taken starlords dual laser pistols lol

A lot more options when the criminals wisen up

Unless the dowel disruptor is like a sound or shock wave that’s kinda like being hit with a big ass bullet?

And the bowel disruptor would definitely have the mental component

Stars and Stripes would definitely need to spread rumors that he poisons his targets with poisons that activate with a certain frequency is fired at them before every raid

Make the grunts and leaders starved and paranoid with everything they eat XD

They don’t want their bowels messed with
Guest chapter 11 . 8/1/2023
Bullshit on the bisexuality. Also funny since bisexuality technically don't exist in fiction seeing as stared bi characters always date within their own sex.
jager chapter 1 . 7/31/2023
they're 10-11? why do fanfic authors insist on making their characters so young...?
yomobo06 chapter 26 . 8/2/2023
thank you for the awesome chapter and I hope you have a wonderful week
Guest chapter 26 . 7/31/2023
Rectal Prolapse no Jutsu!

s/3488198/14/What-If
adnanluthfi.belphegor chapter 9 . 8/2/2023
Boring, how do I put it, it's boring
He went from one earth after another just to be some deus ex machina, he could go to earth that contain some items that could help him (infinity stones, life equation, devil fruit, omnitrix, hell bat armor, hello?), find enemies that can sharpen his abilities (solo leveling, a lot of dungeon there). But it's more like vacation.
Hell I could imagine author stretching the chapters to dozens of dozens and then one shot leviathan or teleport it to the sun, or here is more likely, author discontinue the fic and we never see the fight.
Ideaspool chapter 21 . 7/31/2023
Please could Merlin visit the Jurassic Park universe, at a point before the events of the first Jurassic World film? And when Merlin asks, Owen Grady wishes he could communicate directly with 'his girls' a.k.a. the Raptor Squad, on account of how much he loves them and he desperately wants to better explain that to them - and Merlin finds a way to make it happen? ...whereupon Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo are overjoyed at being able to understand their Crazy Father and Cool Uncle Barry so much better now?

[That whole alpha-beta-omega concept is bad science which has since been completely debunked: the Raptor Squad are more likely to regard Owen as their dad, since he was the first thing they all saw while they were clawing their way out of their eggs during their hatching process; and Barry Senbene, their other handler, would likely be seen as a family member, most likely an avuncular figure. Plus Owen is crazy, and his girls would definitely notice even despite the language barrier and their being completely different species and their being uncertain what a sane human is supposed to be like; while Barry is a shoe-in to be their 'cool uncle'.]

...also, what if the Raptor Squad advise Owen on how to prepare for his date with Claire Dearing? ...and as a result, his efforts to woo her a] are much more enjoyable and more successful for both of them, and b] Claire thinks it's incredibly sweet [and a little amusing] that Owen's velociraptor daughters helped their human dad with his love life? :D
Ideaspool chapter 26 . 7/31/2023
I'm pretty sure that you've got enough BtVS chapters that you could post this story on TTH, and it would count as a BtVS crossover story for the purpose of the site's rules. [I thought I would mention this in case it helps you somehow. ;)]
Ideaspool chapter 23 . 7/31/2023
What sort of pulse rifle is Karen carrying? An M41-A pulse rifle from Aliens-the-movie [released in 1986] or a phased plasma rifle in the forty-watt range? [I ask because an M41-A can be seen being carried by a female Resistance soldier at John Connor's field headquarters in th eyear 2029 at the start of Terminator 2: Judgement Day.]
Ideaspool chapter 11 . 7/31/2023
"Money is a safe wish, but you have to deal with taxes."

- in Britain, lottery winnings are untaxed. So you could wish for a Euromillions Lotto ticket which will win the jackpot at the next draw, and win anything between twenty million and two hundred fifty million pounds - and you wouldn't need to pay any taxes on the winnings. Wish for the ticket, then ring up the UK National Lottery's number the morning after the draw to 'find out' if your ticket matches the numbers which were drawn, make sure you remember to act shocked and surprised that you've won, then make arrangements for where and when to meet with a UKNL representative so that said representative can authenticate your ticket prior to handing over the cheque for the winnings, then get said cheque paid into one of your bank or building society accounts [I recommend asking to meet the represenative INSIDE the nearest branch of a high street bank or building society where you have one or more accounts, for reasons of security] - and bam, you're a multi-millionaire. Do that, and in the worst case scenario, you have to share the jackpot with two or three other people at the most. [So you still get at least five million quid - without taxation.]

...yes, I absolutely have spent time thinking about how to get rich if a magical entity or artefact granted me a single wish. I am appalled that anyone might NOT come up with a viable action plan for such a scenario, as unlikely as it is to ever happen in real life - failing to prepare is preparing to fail, people! :D
628 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »