Reviews for Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey, Johto Arc
GlaresThatKill chapter 10 . 5/29
I honestly don’t understand how incompetent the police have to be in order for Amara (who is not that much older than Julia I assume), a teenager, to avoid them twice. And it seems like nobody knows she’s on the blacklist or something? I don’t know how public blacklists are supposed to be, but you would think that gym leaders, even new ones, would have access to that kind of information so incidents like what happened to Whitney wouldn’t happen.

And honestly, with how destructive you portrayed Amara, don’t expect me to sympathize with her with this suddenly revealed past relationship with Chanel, who I assume has died because of how Amara is crying. As much as I don’t like Amara, I’ll still read this story. I just hope the cycle of Amara constantly escaping the authorities won’t be a constant thing.
FantasyLover88 chapter 56 . 5/13
I knew Caiseal had a rough childhood, but this is ridiculous! It's not his fault that the twin died while they were still in the womb. Things like that happen! Does the dad even KNOW what his wife did? Makes me wonder if the mom's in jail and will make another appearance. Either way, I can't wait to see what happens next! :D
Q-A the Authoress chapter 56 . 5/13
Wow, I did not expect that dark of a backstory for Caiseal. I'm glad he got his feelings off his chest at least.

Canada Cowboy chapter 56 . 5/13
I'm so glad we see another update, this time about the long-awaited past for Caiseal. There's a lot to get to here, both in terms of people and Pokémon. Let's get started, shall we?

First off, I'm glad to see some fear in Caiseal regarding his past. We know he was seriously scarred, with snippets about whether or not he should have died. There was a lot of name-calling, and Caiseal lived on the streets for a while. Now we realize that Caiseal used to have a twin, but somehow his body absorbed the other twin's body before birth. Is this the "Vanishing Twin Syndrome" that we see in medical situations, and does this mean Caiseal is a chimera with 2 different sets of DNA? Either way, this puts the dynamics of the group in a whole new light, something that I think will only enhance the story.

Next, we also find out Caiseal's family situation, with a little sister named Violet that he cares for a lot. However, I sense some sibling rivalry because it feels like Violet is the favoured child while he was the black sheep. I'm glad to see that Caiseal's mother got reported for child abuse, and that Caiseal is now in a better spot. But we didn't see what happened to Violet, and if she ended up moving out of that toxic household. I also got a bit confused about Mallow, because Caiseal met Mallow in the streets, but then you said that Mallow was with Caiseal when he was abandoned. If you can clarify that timeline for me, then it'll make things a bit clearer.

Finally, I'm glad to see things coming full circle, with the same Jynx that rescued Caiseal back then now coming back. This time the Jynx has a child of her own, and Caiseal was able to see that child. It's interesting because we seem to have so many of those reunions within this story, with the most memorable one being Hikaru and Raikou. Now it feels like every single member of our trio has had some special reunion event, and hopefully with these you can build on their characters even more. I can't wait to see Caiseal potentially running into his family again, and hopefully they can address Violet's situation and potentially bring his biological mother to justice.

Again, you did well with this chapter and I'm glad to see your progress. I look forward to seeing your next chapter and welcome any discussion you may want to have with me. Good luck for next time!
YellowFlashCannon chapter 55 . 4/8
Nice story
Q-A the Authoress chapter 55 . 3/18
I hope your father had a nice birthday. :)

Canada Cowboy chapter 55 . 3/18
Well, that escalated quickly. Amara was arrested, but her Gengar broke her out of jail. Kassia and Julia settled their differences regarding Geraldine. 2 separated Pokémon evolved at the same time. And most importantly, Caiseal is about to encounter his own past. Let's go over these things one by one and see where we want to go with it.

First off, you pretty much guaranteed that Amara will spend time in prison. It's one thing to run away from home, and I might even see the court going lenient on Amara for beating up gym leaders due to her young age and unfortunate circumstances, but busting out of a police station is a big no-no. There is no way she will get any mercy from the courts, and now that the police has evidence from the station on what she's doing and where she's going, I think everyone will be on high alert. I really hope Clair, Blackthorn's gym leader, won't be as clumsy as Whitney or Pryce, and will actually refuse to battle Amara and turn her into the police. I cannot imagine Amara being able to beat Clair up, and Clair not only should, but must, turn her in at all costs.

Next, I like how you dealt with the Geraldine issue. Kassia is definitely realizing the mistakes she made, both with Amara and Julia. She is upset about Amara, but she did not do what a dutiful parent should have done, taking way too loose an approach (along with Truman) in handling how Amara dealt with Chanel's death. Then, when things don't work out, she resorts to fruitless efforts to get Amara back, only to neglect Julia's needs. Julia is growing up in front of her eyes, whether she likes it or not. Julia made a big decision to give Geraldine up, and Kassia needs to realize that and respect that. I'm glad it all worked out and I hope to see what you do with them in the future.

I also like how you had Caiseal worry about going back to Blackthorn, but still be concerned about Julia's family issues. If I recall correctly, Caiseal has his own family issues, with his biological mother abandoning him at one time. He was taken in by another family, but we don't know what happened between his foster mother and his biological mother. But at the same time, Caiseal has also grown in that he actually cares about those around him, and will put them before himself. For him to support Julia and still help her catch Amara is great, and I hope to see his development very soon.

One thing I do want to caution you is the way you wrote the roles of the adults in this story. I know that it's important to write full characters, including those who have great flaws (such as Kassia, who is so overwhelmed by the Amara situation that she's almost helpless). However, you almost took the idea of "adults are useless" to the extreme, where they can't even keep a 13-year-old in containment. Amara escaped a bunch of monks, beat up at least 2 gym leaders, evaded arrest throughout the entire region, and now escaped a police station. Don't you think it's getting a little too clichéd, to the point where we can't even trust those who are in charge? If I live in a society where a 13-year-old brat can outsmart trained law enforcement, I'd request to move immediately! So please, if you can, tone it down a bit and don't overdo it.

I look forward to your next chapters where you will address all these outstanding issues. I especially like to see Amara being re-arrested (and they WILL do it right), Caiseal encountering his past, the Blackthorn gym battles, and Geraldine's recuperation. And of course, I'm willing to discuss any ideas with you, if you wish.
Cold-heart-Angel23 chapter 55 . 3/18
Wow so much has gone through in one chapter. Amara was in jail and Gengar helped her escape. Viole and Blossom have evolved, two evolutions in one chapter. Casiel will have to face his demons soon. Will the gang ever encounter some Ice types, update soon!
Megan Kendell chapter 54 . 3/8
Please make a chapter where Julia gets sick with appendicitis and she gets rushed to the hospital by her two friends. Caiseal and Perrine.
QUEENSPELLER67 chapter 54 . 3/3
When I first saw the title, I immediately thought that it was about Amara. I was wrong, but I was correct about Amara... or, I mean she was mentioned and I was right about thinking about her.

End A/N: I remember the character's name, but nothing about her really. I've worked with kids by myself and it's fair to say that you need patience with them. Sadly, there are kids who are acting out because they can't control circumstances surrounding their behavior.
QUEENSPELLER67 chapter 53 . 3/3
Oh cool. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that Bugsy's the youngest gym leader in Johto. Oh wow. Amara got arrested, but at least Kassia is feeling better. ...Eladio? That seems like an odd name. I feel like I've heard it before, though.

End A/N: nothing wrong with that.
Q-A the Authoress chapter 54 . 2/28
Well, at least they didn't have to spend more time with that kid than just one chapter. Even I was getting frustrated with her.

Canada Cowboy chapter 54 . 2/27
So glad to see another update of your story. Yes, now that you're done Zestiria, I'm glad you decided to continue with this fic. You counted the numerous times I told you how happy I was with your Zestiria fic, and after reading this chapter I say you didn't miss a beat.

First off, I'm glad you put the situation to the other side, with Julia having to face off against a younger person instead of an adult. So far, we've seen Julia face off against adults who don't understand her, and in turn she ends up teaching those adults a lesson. Now, the situation is reversed in that Julia is the adult (age-wise) while the challenge is from someone younger than her. Abby is definitely a spoiled brat that deserves to be taught a lesson, and I'm glad none of the three trainers went easy on her. Hopefully this will allow Julia to move on, not just knowing that she tried to teach someone, but also to ensure she never treats someone the way Abby treated her.

Next, I'm glad you gave Perrine and Caiseal a bigger role in this, especially with how mature Caiseal handled it. We saw Caiseal as being the hot-tempered one, always snapping at people, with Julia being his main target many times. Now, he's taking the mature approach and, even though he was stern, he tried to be fair with Abby. I'm also happy how Perrine, despite the scare she got with her father nearly killed, still managed to keep everything under control. It really shows the growth of our characters, and I'm happy you will keep going in this direction for the rest of the story.

Finally, I'm glad Julia is talking to her mother again after the Geraldine incident. Obviously the news she wants to hear isn't this one, with Amara having been arrested. However, I think it's important to keep in mind that Julia still has things to worry about, such as Geraldine and Blackthorn and even Amara, and having her face those challenges instead of dodging them is maturity at its best. Angry as she may be against her mother, Julia has to face the issues and make sure she is in the best position to address them. I'm glad this is also done in this chapter.

I look forward to the next chapter, where we see Amara at the police station, and hopefully be brought to accountability for the egregious things that she's done.
foxchick1 chapter 54 . 2/27
I can't wait to see what happesn next.
Thanks chapter 1 . 2/14
Hey Firechick! Ive been reading some of your stories and just stumbled opon this one! I know you won't read this, But I have autism, And thanks for the vote of confidence, On wattpad, I have a story thats like your digimon one (Please don't shut it Down) And you inspired it, Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Best of love, Digital!~