Reviews for The Art of Falling
dc807 chapter 6 . 5/3/2016
Great storytelling...love the descriptions of her falling and then the two of them getting back to safety. Very accurate portrayal of the characters also. Thanks!
untapdtreasure chapter 6 . 10/8/2015
Oh my. I have to say that I really like this one. They are so in character that it's just amazing to read their interactions and how they got from how it started to the end. Mmm. Falling is really scary, but it's not about the fall itself but how you fall. Gosh, it's late. I'm tired. I made no sense. Just know, I love this.
NevadaRose chapter 6 . 9/8/2015
Ah! That's better. Not quite as definitive as I'd like, but much better.
NevadaRose chapter 5 . 9/8/2015
NOOOOO! This cannot be the end. We need more closure. You started it, you need to finish it! "Okay" is not enough.
MissJodie chapter 6 . 9/8/2015
Ahh, great positive ending. Love your stories. Hope to see more. I need to get back over to the other side to read your work there. I've read it once, but need to read it again. Good luck with your writing. Hope to see more Walt and Vic stories!
waltxvic chapter 6 . 9/7/2015
This was just stellar. Beautiful from beginning to end. Thank you for writing it. I'm sure I'll read it many times. PS I loved your original work on FictionPress also.
jkwasher chapter 6 . 9/7/2015
I hope S4 will not deprive us of your stories to get us to...S5, when maybe, maybe, the writers decide they finally have breathing room to let some WIC develop...I also loved the tie-in and closure from beginning to end of your story with the falling concept, and why she didn't get hurt more...but it seemed like she hurt pretty bad from fall in love WITH him thinking he didn't have any for her...and it seemed like he hurt more than she did at times. "I guess if you have to fall, that's the way to do it." Nice tie-in with the theme of the whole story.

The idea that they could be intimate, then apart, yet still function together, had to have been painful. Another story also in progress on this site deals with another version of this idea, of Walt having second thoughts, rather than the falling in love part. Yours is the notion that Martha had such a hold on his heart, that he was "at capacity" and willing to exact vengeance at any cost, but that he does have room in his heart, falls in love well after his downfall, but is unable to articulate it.

End of S3 and in trailer for S4 Walt certainly appears to be doing that without consideration for Vic (or Cady and Henry, for that matter) at all. We'll see what S4 brings in two days, whether any of our speculations hold any merit at all.

Thank you for writing this, and I want to read more of your work!
susan1770 chapter 6 . 9/7/2015
This was excellent and I love how you tied in the relevance of the title with how he kept 'falling' and I especially liked the tie-in with the title and their conversation at the end. The best way to fall in love is to just go with it, don't tense up and it will happen before you know it. At least, that is what I am reading into it. I sure hope to read more of your work in the future. You are so talented and you will be missed. :)
Rebelwant2B chapter 6 . 9/7/2015
Well done. I'm hope this isn't your last Walt/Vic story just a short hiatus while your own story is readied. Looking forward to that
TheGodmother2 chapter 6 . 9/7/2015
Amazingly brilliant. The entire story was gut wrenching, full of angst, love, and glorious storytelling. It's almost like when the opening act is better than the headliner. Thank you for sharing your talent and as much as I ship Walt and Vic (I do no matter what) a very big part of me knows that I can rest easy until season 5 because that means you will be back and writing about them while we all patiently wait. Thank you, again for taking your time with the characters and being true to their dimensions and embracing their flaws. Your stories get better and better and even I don't know how that is possible.
Longmirefan chapter 5 . 9/7/2015
More, more, more, more, more PLEASE! and very soon! This has to end well!
onewildeechild chapter 5 . 9/7/2015
You can't leave us hanging here... only 3 more days of suspense!
rebelxxwaltz chapter 5 . 9/7/2015
Great stuff! First off, thanks for agitating my persistent fetish for partially clothed sex. Some would probably say it indicates a lack of care or emotion, but there's something undeniably hot about not being willing or able to take the time to deal with all those layers. Now, moving past the TMI portion of this review... ;D

It's hard to see this ending well, but I really really want it to. Does that make sense? I feel like at this point Vic will have to either go all in with Walt or move back to Philly, because one thing is certain- this really isn't sustainable for them.

Hope you get a chance to wrap it up (I need to try and finish my fic by the 10th, too!). Even if it takes a while, I'm willing to be patient!
jkwasher chapter 5 . 9/6/2015
This is the Vic who must be channeling Room 32, thinking she doesn't deserve better than that, when Sean didn't work out, this is all she can expect? Have to put a lot of fault on Walt's communication skills...

But this is the Walt, as someone else posted, who is 'all-in,' for he's mastered the Art of Falling...in love, but stoic to the last, going with the flow and not speaking up. It's an impasse - and she's controlling the dance. Something has to shift, knock whatever the balance of power, the fulcrum, into place so they can both benefit from a real relationship.

Her last lines sound like she is accepting he has thrown her away, "We're not doing anything," as a pronouncement. Walt's "okay," is not okay. When she asked him in previous chapter, "Am I misreading?" he said "no," so he's let this misunderstanding grow to epic proportions.

For shame, Walt. Aching for them, wanting them both to be happy, willing to knock a few heads...it took a potentially lethal fall to bring this much to fruition...what will it take to correct Vic's misunderstanding of the nature of their relationship?
waltxvic chapter 5 . 9/6/2015
This chapter is just heartbreaking.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »