Reviews for Turnabout Delivery
hunter81095 chapter 18 . 12/10/2020
This felt just like an Ace Attorney case, it was perfect.

I also loved all the little references throughout, and how you made Broski the exact type of quirky that AA characters tend to be.

I was almost afraid the Apollo subplot was going to take away from the case, but it fit in really well.
hunter81095 chapter 12 . 12/10/2020
Oh my God, it's the moment I've wanted since I first played Rise From The Ashes.

Dick Gumshoe being Phoenix's assistant *and* cross examining a witness, this story is perfect!
MarsAres chapter 18 . 3/30/2017
I gotta say, this has been a brilliant story. I read this one first because I was in the mood for an original flavour and wasn't in the mood to risk some potentially cringy love exchange, but I was proven to be a foolishly foolish fool.
I looked up some AA fics after getting back into from playing SoJ finally. I've been pondering making my own and this has certainly inspired me to make my own.

You did a fantastic job of bringing atmosphere across in the writing. If the mood was meant to be light-hearted, lovey-dovey, tense, exciting or anything else you really pulled it off in the writing. The final bit where everyone on the defence team took it in turns to berate Broski was just brilliant.
And when Gumshoe cross examined Broski about his shopping. That was so fucking funny.

I like how you describe character "animations" too. Animations are meant to be simplistic but also show off aspects of the character's personality, and I think you did a good job with that, particularly with Broski, since he had animations that nobody's ever actually seen so it couldn't be summed up as quickly as some of the other characters'.

Speaking of Broski, you describe him as a "love or hate" character. I certainly agree with you. And I love him. While his "bro" puns certainly do go overboard sometimes ("Brold it" is one in particular that stands out), he was actually pretty funny. I also like the idea of a "bumbling idiot" villain that just happened to accidentally create an elaborate murder ass first.

The love between the couples is pretty well done. I can genuinely believe these people are in love, and aren't just together for the sake of a ship. Though I can't help but feel like Apollo losing his memories and being hospitalised was there just for the sake of Athena and Apollo having some heart to heart at the end. And after reading Vacation in Kurain and Cave of Two Lawyers, I've got a little tired of Apollo getting kicked in the head so much.

And I don't think Maggey would black 5 black psyche locks to hide her secret. Black locks are meant to be for a secret that they are subconciously hiding, a secret they're hiding without knowing it, yet even Phoenix admits that Maggey is probably fully aware of her own secret.
And 5 locks? Generally, 5 locks is meant to be a "I absolutely cannot afford for the sake of my own well being to let you discover this secret". I thought this would be a 2 or at most 3 lock secret.

But overall, a damn good story.
Brock's Geodude chapter 18 . 10/11/2016
Aw, the character interactions in this were ridiculously cute and well-written. You'd do well to proof-read more carefully though, I noticed quite a lot of typos and punctuation errors throughout this. Still, great job.
Boo2020 chapter 18 . 9/1/2016
I just finished reading this last night, and it was awesome! At first I thought it would be a little boring reading a trial, but you made it almost as entertaining as if I was playing the games! You write everyone in character, but your original characters were amazing too (Peppa Cinni and Mike Broski of course). They were just crazy and unique enough that I seriously could imagine them in an actual AA game, sprite animations and all. The story was really funny at parts too, I loved it. Great job!
Qrw561 chapter 18 . 6/8/2016
I can already hear the Turnabout Sisters theme
Ariastella chapter 15 . 2/4/2016
Is that the office Apollo Justice Mating Call, now?
Ariastella chapter 13 . 2/4/2016
Of COURSE, it's from Borginia! Because Borginia is just the place where everything bad happens!
Ariastella chapter 11 . 2/4/2016
Heehee! *squeak* Heehee! It's like Griffball, except it's Larry Ping Pong!
Ariastella chapter 10 . 2/4/2016
I'm a little disappointed that Apollo didn't break something from that. It's got nothing to do with Apollo, so much as Phoenix. If you remember, in AJ Hobo Phoenix got by a car, flew into a Street lamp, then got up & walked away with nothing but a bump on the head & a stay at the hospital for observation.
You see, lately, I work under the knowledge that Phoenix Wright is a BAMF, regardless of what anyone inside or outside of the games say. In my mind, when things like: I got hit by a care, was sent flying, my body put a physical dent in a metal Street Light, then I got up & walked away: Or, I am scared shitless of heights, but my best-friend-not-quite-girlfriend is stuck out there with a murderer on the loose, I'mma run headlong across a rickety, old bridge that is currently in flames. Oops, I fell, I don't even remember how many stories down into a raging river of fridge water in the dead of winter & all I got was a bad headcold. Hypothermia? Pppft! Fuck Hypothermia, I got an Assistant to save! I kicked Hypothermia's ass!
It's stuff like this that reinforce the idea that Phoenix Wright is, in fact, a BAMF! So, as much as I love Polly to bits, if he walks of a similar situation with the same injuries, I feel like it detracts from Phoenix's epicness. Maybe, i'm being a bit biased.
I feel like he should've got something from that. Nothing severe, though. I'm thinking along the lines of a few cracked ribs. Not only would it satisfy my 'Phoenix is Best Defense' bias, but it could give reasons for him not to get some of the more difficult cases for a while.
Guest chapter 7 . 1/8/2016
Seriously, your victim's name ia vicky timms aka Vic Timms
Guest chapter 11 . 10/28/2015
When I think of Mike Broski, I think of a deeper-voiced Greg Cipes. While Cipes doesn't use all surfer-lingo, the way that Mike asks compared to Cipes' voice acting career makes it hard for me not to think of Cipes. It's pretty funny to me.
Anikasnow6 chapter 18 . 10/25/2015
This is just so, so very sweet ahhhh O/A/O It's too much for one heart to handle
I'm sad to see the story draw to a close. But it was really awesome! I can't wait to see more stories! But take your time, of course (OnO)9))
Anikasnow6 chapter 17 . 10/25/2015
I'm grinning so hard right now XD It's so cute and wonderful ;w;
So many puns... I'm really grateful you added a summary in the middle, because it actually makes the plot a _lot_ easier to understand.
Phoenix wouldn't believe how many people want him in a fighting game. Although he's already been in one. :D