Reviews for Akari of the Orange Planet
Veri n1c3kgust0riiO
xE8Rd chapter 1 . 9/2/2018
Veri n1c3oWyst0ribb
Quatre24 chapter 14 . 8/2/2018
Excellant story. It is like Aria selected her and brought Alica in on it. Surpirsed orange planet did not get on Akira case for having Aria on the gondola. Like how Ariel stared get what was going on in the tour at the on of the early stops. Alice must be tired of having to look after Athena when it should be the other way around. Good showing the friendship between the water faries. Excellant work on the plot, grammar, and other parts that go into writting the story. The pace of the story matched the anime yet you kept the reader wanting more. Very hard to finish a story of this quality, but you did. One of my favorites on the site.
Cataquack Warrior chapter 7 . 6/15/2018
I have to say, I feel that you kind of missed an opportunity in this chapter. While I know that you're sort of trying to show that Akari truly belongs at ARIA Company, I think one of Akari's most endearing qualities is how she brings out the best in everyone she meets. Therefore, I felt that you could have had her handle the confrontation with Adriana in a different way.

Instead of having Akari outright tell Adriana about the secret to the test, Akari could have promised Adriana that, whether or not Adriana passes the test to be a Single, the two of them will visit the Land of Hope together and have a picnic. Later Adriana fails the tests and gives up at being a gondolier, but Akari still keeps her promise, though Adriana thinks that she's just rubbing it in. To Adriana's surprise, Akari leads Adriana to the secret place on foot rather than in a gondola. Akari says she doesn't mind, because while she loves gondolas, walking and exploring new places on foot is fun, too. It takes all day to get there, and by the time they do, Akari's optimism and kindness has helped Adriana get over her resentment to a degree. She was going to spill the secret to everyone out of spite for getting dismissed from the company, but she instead decides in the end to keep the secret and seems to be moving forward at last with her life.

That sort of approach would fit better with the thematics of ARIA and Akari's personality, I think. That said, this is by far the best ARIA fanfic I have read, and I still love your work. Can't wait to see what you do next!
KurobaraIto chapter 14 . 5/6/2016
This is beautiful... simply beautiful... the excessive use of metaphor only makes it better since it is Aria...

I hope someday I can write a beautiful piece like this
babinton chapter 14 . 3/20/2016
Please, if you have the time, can you make a epilogue of when Akari has finally became a prima. That is one scenario I missed in the main series.
pregar chapter 14 . 3/20/2016
Heh, you are crazy, writing such a long story for about a dozen or so people. But I had a great time reading it, so I'm not complaining.
You are right that giving an ending to such a story is not easy. But it turned out well enough I think. Although I can't help but wonder if Akari would really accept switching companies so quickly. Perhaps a bit more of interaction with Alicia in this story would be preferable.
zergdramon chapter 14 . 3/19/2016
This should be canon!
OmegaCloud969 chapter 14 . 3/17/2016
Man, I'm sad this has ended, but at the same time it was a good end, since this is the last chapter I don't have much to say only that I enjoyed this fanfiction very much, at least you didn't make Akari-chan sad this time XD.
Ratagon chapter 14 . 3/17/2016
Great story that put a nice spin on a great work of art.
neogoki chapter 14 . 3/17/2016
hm, on one hand Alicia was rather forward and direct with asking Akari for an instant switch, normally it would have started with maybe "loaning" Akari to Aira Company for a few days
but then again in canon Alicia took one look at Akari and knew she was the right one, so it would not be strange for her to want the pinkette even more after seeing her in person.

Good Story, makes one want for a part 2 or at least an "X years later" epiloge/omake
a "how I meet Aika-chan" omake for this setting would be nice too, after all Aika has a bit of a crush on Alicia and seening a strange new girl around her?

do you have any plans for your next story?
neogoki chapter 13 . 2/26/2016
the conflict between Akari's Nature and Orange Planet's SOP is felt
I suspect this friction will cause some sparks soon
OmegaCloud969 chapter 13 . 2/26/2016
Man, this chapter was a little sad but beautiful as always, I get your point and I agree with you intellectually at least, but I still curse you, how dare you to make Akari-chan even a little unhappy?!... Sigh, anyway I loved the chapter, please continue with the good work, this is one of the best fanfiction I have read.
neogoki chapter 12 . 2/5/2016
its hard and seems a bit unfair, but such is capitalism, survival of the strongest.
One should also explain to Akari that the trip to the land of Hope is merly the final test for a double Undine. I believe that before that things like skill, knowledge and stamina are observed and evaluated.
Or else would anyone expect a complete beginner to make that long trip without giving up?

I got the feeling that the OVA was a "First episode of a Sequel" meant to reconnect with the main series, it was also nice to both generations of "Water Faires" as trainees and pros.
Also: is it just me or have all relevant Characters in the Anime names that begin with "A" ?

between the rather harsh critism that Alice gave and the short talk Akari had with Athena, it would be the right timing for Athena to show how good she is. Maybe invite Akari and Alice some to cheer them up? or we get the debute of Maa-kun.
sabrac1 chapter 12 . 2/4/2016
:) The essence of Alice: You're hugely annoying too. Thanks for update.