Reviews for Lady Archimedes
Drollittle chapter 82 . 7/17
Fully Awesome. I hope you keep writing, whatever you feel most inclined toward—Animagus, more Arithmancer, or something original? I’d buy any book you publish!
Uchiha Aimee chapter 82 . 7/17
I loved this story! I'm so glad it's continuing. This is on of my top 3 favorite fanfictions series of any fandom. You have a creative mind and it translates well in your stories. Thank you for this!
Been here since before Lady Archimedes, and never regretted it since.
Thank you!
Joaquin Ramos chapter 82 . 7/15
Oh. Em. Gee. I can’t even begin to articulate how utterly amazing your fic is. I started reading this a couple years ago and then stopped when the updating wasn’t as frequent. I kept it on my email though and got back to it recently and obviously just finished it. I’m so happy you’re making a sequel. You’re bloody brilliant! I also just your animagus story and hope you continue that one, too. Thank you for sharing this with us. 3
teaddicted chapter 1 . 7/16
Thank you so much for sharing the 'Arithmancer 'verse' with us! It's been a blast to read this past week, although it is a rather scary thought realising I've read over a million words in one week.
arctic-kat chapter 82 . 7/16
Omg is it really the end? I can’t believe it!
Thank you, thank you for this brilliant story!
Scorpion.Sorcerer7 chapter 82 . 7/16
Hello White Squirrel,

Thank you for the wonderful story you've written for us. Thank you for the time, energy and frustrations you've endured for this work of art. The story is well written, has a nice thought, is more mathematical than even I am comfortable with (chem engineer here), and feeds the desire for a strong protagonist who doesn't overpower the opponents. Bella was still magically stronger than Hermione to the end.
The best of luck to you in your future projects
HPMARIE chapter 82 . 7/15
Wonderful story!
Musings chapter 82 . 7/12
I tried to read this drivel, but super!hermione is as dumb as super!harry - ironic that you can parody that and yet wrote an entire book series of Hermione Granger, the greatest thing ever.

Hermione fans are even worse than those DLP imbeciles. What a waste of 1 million words.
Kaimialana chapter 82 . 7/13
Consider this to be for both The Arithmancer and Lady Archimedes.

I'm aware that the author has a short sequel planned for this story, but this final chapter wrapped things up so nicely and ended so appropriately that I suppose I'll read "Annals of Arithmancy" as a separate work and give a critique here and now.

What we have is a genius protagonist without any phlogiston. Normally in such a story there's a problem with fudging reality. The hero disappears for a page or two and comes back with a solution that somehow works but contains no explanation at all as to why. I feel as if I've seen this trope in several well regarded stories of this fandom, often with more obscure magical fields like Arithmancy or Ancient Runes. This is the easy way out, these "magical" leaps of logic (pun not intended).
Instead, White Squirrel has more or less from scratch produced an /entire science of Arithmancy/, one that is self consistent and believable, and even better, based on very real and very complicated mathematics. Beyond any other factor, including the writing, this fantastic world building is what makes this story so memorable. For example, Ravenclaw's Diadem-an incredibly powerful artifact that is said to do any number of things-is described as more or less as a tool to remove all mental filters. I've commented on the brilliant use of ritual experimentation in a previous review. Of course a new complicated ritual wouldn't work the first time, of course the perfection of such a thing requires repeated testing. At every turn the author has managed to add one more fascinating piece of arcane lore, repeated over 160 chapters, and never once did it feel unnecessary or overworked or fail to be integrated into existing lore or real world mathematics.

Just, bravo. Looking forward to the sequel.
R.N.Ellington chapter 1 . 7/13
wowplayerwu

To be perfectly honest, your grammar and punctuation is better than a significant number of native English speakers that I've come across on .
wowplayereu chapter 1 . 7/13
(Im swedish so you have to exuse my poor gramar) I absolutely LOVE your writing style and I wonder if you have published any of your own work? It would be wonderful to read a book you have written!
I, myself, love writing, mostly poems (its hard to write with ADHDand you give SOUCH wonderful flow to your stories, something Im absolutely terrible at. Im REALY good at generating ideas in any case! A real idea factory, if I can say so myself. LOL! And I absolutely ADORE helping others with Ideas and to be a board to bounce problems, and souch, against. One of my dreams is to be an author but that might, just, never realy happen. Sometimes you just have to kill your darlings and do something that actualy have a chanse (in hell) to happen
Youve become one of my most loved authors (And Im NOT easy to impress) and I just have to thank you for your work!
Big regards
From a big swedish fan!
voldyismyfather chapter 82 . 7/13
I have absolutely loved this story (both parts) I haven't read anything else for the past four days and have struggled to put it down. It has been amazingly written
so awesome...
the ending with the flying was just really good, creating a continuum with the earlier mentions
Ash chapter 82 . 7/11
Wow!

Beautiful stories! I love Hermione and her brilliant, but scary mind! And she has the best of both worlds, literally!

Thank you for your creations! They’re a wonderful read!
5,259 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »